Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bert Sugar: Leonard beats Mayweather Jr. easy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kksf1979 View Post
    Mayweather has not had any match-ups like Lenard v Duran or Lenard v Hagler. PBF vs Corrales was a great show down and PBF vs ODLH was a massive event but neither really make PBF have an edge in big match experience/heart.
    You guys live in the past too much. You have to understand that it was a totally different era. We only look at those guys different because the sport was much bigger. Major fights were on basic TV and so on but that doesnt make those fighters greater than they were today. SRL vs Duran is no different than Floyd vs Pac and so on. Its all relative. People just always want to pick older fighters over today's fighters but Im not going to fall for all that hype. SRL was blessed by having bigger names in his same division at the time. If Floyd wouldve stayed down in weight where he was better at then he wouldve been able to fight Pac, JMM, MAB, EM, Diaz, Guzman, and so on. Who was going to beat him? He didnt have to move up. He only moved up to chase Oscar. If he wouldve stayed down in weight then everyone would be looking at him totally different. They would be saying that he has one of the best resume's in boxing and that he's one of the most exciting fighters in boxing because he would be going all out at that weight.

Comment

There ain't many WW's that could beat SRL so no shame in this.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Look, IM no Kelleman defender. I dont even like the guy but if you saw it then you would know that he wasnt bragging on Floyd when he said it. He said it in just to a question that a fan asked him. Infact, I think it was the same type of question that we are talkin about now. I think Max said that SRL would kill him head to head but Floyd at 130 was just as good if not better then both Hearns & SRL and that he's ooked much better and has had far better success moving up in weight then they did. You cant deny that unless youre being a homer. Those guys were not the same guys when they moved up and Im not talking about those phony titles they won to guys like Danny Lalonde who 1 wasnt great and 2, SRL got a LHW title for beating him at a weight drained 168
        Kellerman always overrates loud mouth little punks that put on the "homie from the 'hood" act.

Poet

Comment

You guys live in the past too much. You have to understand that it was a totally different era. We only look at those guys different because the sport was much bigger. Major fights were on basic TV and so on but that doesnt make those fighters greater than they were today. SRL vs Duran is no different than Floyd vs Pac and so on. Its all relative. People just always want to pick older fighters over today's fighters but Im not going to fall for all that hype.
          Nothing you can name makes the ones from today better than ones from then so don't expect me to fall for all that hype.

Poet

Comment

Leonard would knock him out. He would overwhelm Floyd and knock him out in round 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
              Ray is superior to anything that has ever come out of Puerto rico...or even will.
              yea but can u beat them?lol

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Kellerman always overrates loud mouth little punks that put on the "homie from the 'hood" act. Poet
                max is a ****** and former rapper. enuff said.

Comment

So all of you are going to tell me that right now Floyd in his 4th division does not look as good as Hearns & SRL looked at SMW? Case Closed!

You should probably look at the thread title again. This would be a welterweight fight.

Comment

Seriously, there just weren't many fighters who could beat Leonard on his best day.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Taking a potshot and then running like **** isn't defense. That's what little punks do that can't hang with the big boys.

Poet
                      thats your opinion. cool. but for someone who claims to know a lot with "2000+ collection" that was a pretty fuking weak rebuttal! So do me a favor & ignore my posts! Plz! thank you! Jantzen

Comment

Working...
                      X