No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Marquez To Take Place at 144, Not 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
    Did you see The Ring's article yesterday? It's unusual for them to get their facts wrong.
    i guess even THE RING makes mistakes. but that is weird for them though

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrix View Post
      It would have been better at 142 or 143, but this is definitely better than having the fight at 147, can't wait for this fight!
      Dude, Marquez doesn't have to come it exactly 144. He can fight at 142 or 143 which is around his fight night weight anyways.

Mayweather isn't comming in any higher than 147 tops. He came in 148 but I believe that was the Oscar fight which was 154, so he was minimum weight in that one.

Comment

better!!! marquez has a glimmer of hope

Comment

The Ring is not some hater who writes a blog, it's the most prestigious of the boxing ****zines.
          So are you saying the ring ****zine has writers who can never be wrong?
          So are you saying the Ring ****zine has writers who cant be bias?
          So are you saying that ring ****zine writer blog entry wasnt wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            Thats exactly the message Floyd is trying to send. If Floyd wins by SD or even UD ill be upset. The only reason I would be impressed with Floyd is the fashion he beats him either totally taking Marquez to school, KOing him or making him quit. Those three..
            Wow. What forces you to hate Marquez to the degree you do.

Comment

it is still welterweight.what the **** ?
              144 is super junior welterweight?
              Mayweatherweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                i guess even THE RING makes mistakes. but that is weird for them though
                I agree - so we've got The Ring's Michael Rosenthal saying one thing and we've got boxingscene's Mark Vestor saying he's got it wrong. Mark's usually pretty good, but so is Rosenthal, and Mark's report doesn't quote any named sources (other than Rafael, who also doesn't quote any named sources), so I think everyone needs to wait until someone official in Mayweather's camp clarifies it on the record.

Comment

I agree - so we've got The Ring's Michael Rosenthal saying one thing and we've got boxingscene's Mark Vestor saying he's got it wrong. Mark's usually pretty good, but so is Rosenthal, and Mark's report doesn't quote any named sources (other than Rafael, who also doesn't quote any named sources), so I think everyone needs to wait until someone official in Mayweather's camp clarifies it on the record.
                  Why not the Marquez camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                    This fight could be at heavy. Doesn't matter, JMM is gonna spank that ass. One thing you Mayweather nutlicks don't take into consideration is the rule that Nevada changed regarding the glove use. He isn't gonna have pillows to protect his brittle hands against Dinamita's mexican jaw. These are gonna be 8 oz punchers gloves and not those Winky Wright earmuffs that Mr. Boat Buyer has used to turn fights into ***** boy pattycake. Of course I'm not saying that he's fought his fights Winky style but he's relied on 10 oz gloves to protect his girlie man hands and he aint gonna have that in this fight.
                    JMM is used to fighting guys that come straight at him like Pac, Diaz. thats why he's become such a good counter puncher. he's never fought anybody with the skill, defense and speed of Floyd. Floyd by stoppage

Comment

This is what happens when you ***** ASS *****S KEEP HATING. You hope and pray that Floyd fails. You pathetic ass losers should be ashamed of yourselfs. Absolutely deplorable how you blew up and hoped that this **** was true. Some of you make me sick.

Comment

Working...
                      X