No announcement yet.

Is Ricky Hatton serious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
    There you go, thanks for your contribution.

Castillo was NOT P4P Top 10.
    And Joke Calzaghe is not "Great"

Comment

There you go, thanks for your contribution.

Castillo was NOT P4P Top 10.
      Thanks for ducking the rest of my post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        Thanks for ducking the rest of my post.
        hes tryna be like his hero

Comment

Your asking different questions now.

What do you think about Castillo when Hatton fought him?

This is what the threads about.
          Castillo was around the top 10 P4P in about 2003-2005. NOT 2007.

END THREAD

From what I can remember around that time the top 10 P4P would have been something like...

Mayweather
          Pacquiao
          JMM
          Hopkins
          Rafael Marquez
          Calzaghe
          Cotto
          Pavlik
          Juan Diaz
          Vazquez

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
            Castillo was around the top 10 P4P in about 2003-2005. NOT 2007.

END THREAD

From what I can remember around that time the top 10 P4P would have been something like...

Mayweather
            Pacquiao
            JMM
            Hopkins
            Rafael Marquez
            Calzaghe
            Cotto
            Pavlik
            Juan Diaz
            Vazquez
            Yep, agree.

Here's what I believe to be the P4P list in March of 2007.

POUND-FOR-POUND
            This
            week Last
            Week Weeks
            in
            Ratings Fighter Weight Class
            1 1 429 FLOYD MAYWEATHER Welterweight
            2 2 172 MANNY PACQUIAO Jr. Lightweight
            3 7 63 RAFAEL MARQUEZ Featherweight
            4 - 1 JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ Jr. Featherweight
            5 3 154 WINKY WRIGHT Middleweight
            6 4 40 JERMAIN TAYLOR Middleweight
            7 5 41 BERNARD HOPKINS Lt. Heavyweight
            8 8 55 JOE CALZAGHE Super Middleweight
            9 6 372 MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA Jr. Lightweight
            10 9 95 RICKY HATTON Jr. Welterweight

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113114

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...17#post2235517

And to think the hatton fanboys were trying to defend Hatton saying Castillo was in the P4P Top 10 when he fought him.

Notice as soon as I rumbled that one, the topic quickly moved onto Calzaghe, lol (change topic).

Some guys on here are pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
              ...and Castillo got smashed in 4 rounds. Or is that not good enough?

It's like the Tszyu fight, Hatton beats him and he retires, so automatically he was shot. Pacquiao beats someone, they retire and it's because he beat them up.

I don't get all this Hatton hate, is it because he's English? All fighters talk themselves up, it's called self belief and if you haven't got that you lose, a lot.

How many fighters from anywhere have a 45-2 record with the only 2 losses coming to the p4p #1 at the time?

Peace out.
              Prior to getting beaten by hatton castillo has engaged in 60 odd pro fights, including wars with corrales and fights with casamayor and mayweather

he had been fighting since 1990...if you couldnt see he was on the slide then well you obviously don't know a lot about the sport, the mans punch resistance was weakened, he was slower and he was heavy on his feet, his legs also looked ready to give out any second....

since that fight castillo has gone 2-1 vs journeymen fighters

tszyu wasnt shot but well past his prime, a prime tszyu dismantles hatton

no, the hatton hate is justified because hatton is an annoying guy who cannot back up what he says and always makes excuses

Comment

• Originally posted by jching View Post
                Most fighters make excuses after losing. Hatton's excuses do have some reasonable ground to stand on. Against Mayweather, the ref did play a part in Hatton not being able to do his best work and causing him to lose his head. Joe Cortez is a ***** ref and everyone knows it.
                Against Manny, had he made it to the end of the second he could have calmed down, started to use his head more, settle into the fight and who knows maybe the fight would have been different. Sure he had a ***** first round, but Marquez got knocked down 3 times in the first against Manny and look what happened there. Plus, he wasn't doing too bad in the second and although Manny was winning, it was actually a pretty close round up to the KO.
                No they dont.

He moaned after the Collazo fight about having a cold and how he entered the ring to heavy for the fight. Who's fault is that? then he tried to tell everyone it was because he is not a 147 pound fighter, but he was then calling Mayweather out and was willing to take the fight at 147, he then gets knocked out and then maintained his excuse that he was not a 147 pound fighter.

He is a 147 when the cash is on the table. Hatton makes excuse after excuse. From the interviews ive seen post Pacquiao, he seems to be intimating that is was a lucky shot without actually coming out and blatantly saying it.

Cortez beat him not Mayweather and Pac landed a lucky shot. Yeah right Ricky. I guess its better than coming to terms with the reality when all said and done you just were not good enough to beat these fighters.
                Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 05-18-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Castillo was ranked top 10 P4P and the majority here were picking him to beat Hatton at the time.

If Hatton doesn't get credit for beating Tszyu and Castillo because they were "past prime" then Mayweather and Pac shouldn't get any credit for beating Hatton since he was obviously past prime...

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
                    Castillo was ranked top 10 P4P and the majority here were picking him to beat Hatton at the time.
                    Thats wrong, though.

Comment

Why avoid my post son?

did I get ya?

hahahahahahaha
                      at least ricky tried to face the best but came up short. unlike that boxer who fought mediocre comp in his backyard, then faced the big names when they were old (forgot his name)..

as for the rankings, im pretty sure castillo was in the bottom 10. ring rankings anyways...

Comment

Working...
                      X