Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jetgeomcx View Post
    how can this be??
    WW range is 141-147 lbs, not just at 147.
    the fyters themselves can agree on the catch weight between 141-147, very well within WW limits!

the WW title is still at stake...
    draining fighters is ***** ****. If manny want it at 147 then let the opponent fight at 147. This catch weight crap is killing boxing. Roach loves doing this to fighters, soon hes gonna ask fighters to fight with one hand or a patch in an eye BS from team Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      That he does. Wont be easy but nothing Clottey throws will amount to what Marg did to him. Cotto wins UD. He will land the cleaner and harder punches that will stand out to the judges IMO.
      I'm not sold that Cotto isn't affected by the Margarito fight and all the turmoil in his personal and professional life over the last couple months. He needs to be 100% for Clottey. Wasn't that impressed with the Jennings fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        I'm not sold that Cotto isn't affected by the Margarito fight and all the turmoil in his personal and professional life over the last couple months. He needs to be 100% for Clottey. Wasn't that impressed with the Jennings fight.
        Me neither. But I think he'll be fine.

I actually think he has some hate in him with Marg. I think he wants revenge...

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
          Me neither. But I think he'll be fine.

I actually think he has some hate in him with Marg. I think he wants revenge...
          I feel that. I know there's no proof that Margs cheated but you gotta by ******ed to think he didn't cheat in that fight. This fight is so important for Cotto, tens of millions of dollars riding on it. Will he fold under the pressure? This is his make or break fight for sure. If he beats Clottey and loses to PBF, Shane or Pac, he is still in the mix. If he loses to Clottey, he's gotta go make bones through the likes of Collazo.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jetgeomcx View Post
              nice early alibi ..... keep it coming, brah.
              no alibi bruh just the truth.. it doesnt matter, if the fight happens, manny is going to get his ass handed to him

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                the guy retire after he got his big fights, and when the risk started coming he decided to retire.
                As I've posted before, although I fully agree that he should have fought a top Welter such as Cotto, Marg or Williams before retiring, there's no evidence that he retired in order to avoid them. His next fight when he retired was supposed to have been a rematch against DLH, and if his motive was to avoid the Welters, he'd have gone ahead with that rematch, pocketed another $20 million, and then retired.

A lot of boxing experts (e.g. Atlas, Steward) have said they believe that the real reason he retired when he did was that he was disillusioned by the fact that his father was going to train DLH for the rematch, and couldn't bear the idea that his own father was trying to help DLH to knock his own son out.

Also, the first DLH fight was regarded at the time as a huge risk, due to the fact he was moving up in weight; and many experts at the time thought he might lose that fight.

I'm not trying to justify the fact that he retired without defending his lineal Welterweight title against any top Welters - I agree that was bad; I just think people should keep things in perspective. Judge him on who he fights next, if he beats Marquez. Stop going on about the past, and especially, don't twist what happened in the past to fit your agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
                  draining fighters is ***** ****. If manny want it at 147 then let the opponent fight at 147. This catch weight crap is killing boxing. Roach loves doing this to fighters, soon hes gonna ask fighters to fight with one hand or a patch in an eye BS from team Manny
                  what's even more *****-like is for a WW to try and fight a jr WW. B1TCH FIGHT A REAL WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
                    why dontpeople stop over analyzing **** and think for alittle...

PBF retiring and coming back into the sport would mos def mean that he will generate more money b/c of the interest of those who want to keep seeing him win and the others who still want to see someone beat him.

retirement gave him time to rest and let the next big name in boxing come up for the next potential Mega fight then he comes back in to upset the balance and take back his crown.

its realy not that complex
                    I don't believe that was the reason. He could have earned $20 million for the DLH rematch. He won't earn more than that even against Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Osirus022 View Post
                      Don't forget that Cotto is a fast rising star that went to the top in short time, so obviously and of course Mayweather fought more fighters, but Cotto fought best goin up in scale, you cant judge the lack of names because Mayweather obviously fought like 10 more, BUT to get to the top who made it faster?

he WAS a fast rising star.

its simple

PEOPLE want to see Mayweather and MP fight.

not Cotto. his train lost steam when Marg raped him

Comment

Working...
                      X