Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Pacquiao taking a gamble in training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Marquez couldn't beat Pac (decisively) through boxing his socks off, what chance in Hell does Hatton have?

Comment

Originally posted by iron lung View Post
      Sounds like a lot of excuses coming from you when the fact is Hatton stopped him, Cotto couldn't, nuff said. There was an obvious reason to stop it in the Hatton fight as he was taking far more punishment and the fight was far less competitive.
      Truth is Cotto and Hatton's power is comparable, and neither can rightly claim to be stronger hitters than the other. Cotto TKO'd Maussa in 8, Hatton brutally KO'd him with 1 shot in the 9th. As you can see it can be very easily argued Hattno has more power but it's all moot, even with similar power it still spells doom for Pacman because Pacman would not be able to take Cotto's power any better than he would Hatton's.
      I'm not going to argue who has more power. But it's obvious the Malignaggi fight was stopped because McGirt threw in the towel. If you think Paulie sustained more punishment against Hatton than he did against Cotto then...I dont know what to say.

If Buddy was in paulie's corner the fight would have been stopped. He was getting rocked int he later rounds against Cotto. Like I said, the ref was saying, "RUN PAULIE RUN!"

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        If Hatton looked any different against Malignaggi I didn't notice. They'd be taking a gamble if they prepared for anything other than the Ricky Hatton we've seen for the past 8 years.

Fighters dont just improve drastically like that at this stage of their career. At most he'll move his head a little more and throw a jab or two. I'm telling you, same Ricky Hatton.
        Agreed, Hatton wouldn't have changed drastically under the short time he's been with Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
          If Marquez couldn't beat Pac (decisively) through boxing his socks off, what chance in Hell does Hatton have?
          Stamped sealed and delivered. 100% agree.

Comment

Originally posted by -X- View Post
            After watching countless hours of footage in the build up to this fight, 24/7, Sky's studio countdown, various interviews etc. I notice that Roach and Co seem to be expecting Hatton to "revert back to his old ways".

Watching 24/7, they seem to be training for the inevitable Hatton rough housing, bullying tactics.

Isn't it too much of a gamble to concentrate most of your training on an assumption that your opponent even denies? What if Hatton pressures forward but uses angles instead of wrapping his arms around Pac? Something old Floyd and Ricky both agree on, and have obviously trained for.

Malignaggi and a lot of people in these forums were taken by surprise the same way. A lot of people thought Malignaggi would simply tame Hatton as he charged forward, but it was in fact Malignaggi that was out boxed. I know Malignaggi is not Pacman, but I'm making the point that camps assume the wrong things and trrain for the wrong fight.

Should Roach really be concentrating so much on Hatton and his past wrestling style fights?
            I know what your saying but it's because they think Malignaggi couldn't hurt Hatton . I watched it and Roach was watching the Malignaggi fight and says as soon as he gets hurt he goes back to his old ways .

Comment

i consider this scribe one of the best.
              see what he has to say:
              http://www.fightwriter.com/?q=node/2205

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                Hattons is bigger and stronger so the punches will have more effect.

Comment

Originally posted by iron lung View Post
                  Sounds like a lot of excuses coming from you when the fact is Hatton stopped him, Cotto couldn't, nuff said. There was an obvious reason to stop it in the Hatton fight as he was taking far more punishment and the fight was far less competitive.
                  Truth is Cotto and Hatton's power is comparable, and neither can rightly claim to be stronger hitters than the other. Cotto TKO'd Maussa in 8, Hatton brutally KO'd him with 1 shot in the 9th. As you can see it can be very easily argued Hattno has more power but it's all moot, even with similar power it still spells doom for Pacman because Pacman would not be able to take Cotto's power any better than he would Hatton's.
                  There is no "excuses", I stated several facts, that's all.

Cotto did more damage to Malignaggi than Hatton did. That was a drained Cotto, too.

In my opinion, the Cotto fight took a lot out of Paulie Malignaggi. A hell of a lot. This version of Paulie was not like the one who faced Cotto. For starters, he was one-handed for the Hatton fight. He had no offense whatsoever. Secondly, Cotto softened him up. Third, Cotto was at 140 -- a bad weight for him. You can see from these few little facts Hatton had a few advantages.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    If Hatton looked any different against Malignaggi I didn't notice. They'd be taking a gamble if they prepared for anything other than the Ricky Hatton we've seen for the past 8 years.

Fighters dont just improve drastically like that at this stage of their career. At most he'll move his head a little more and throw a jab or two. I'm telling you, same Ricky Hatton.
                    Spot on!

"You watch the Paulie Malignaggi fight and they say he boxed better in that fight. I've studied that tape over and over, he's the same guy," is Roach's opinion. "He just threw more right hands because he had success with it early in the fight. Usually, he throws more left hooks. But he didn't use his jab, he didn't box well. Paulie, he's non-threatening; let's face it, Paulie's not in the class of Manny. I mean, he couldn't even knock Paulie out. Buddy (McGirt) had to stop the fight. He wasn't impressive."

-Freddie Roach

Comment

Originally posted by -X- View Post
                      Hattons is bigger and stronger so the punches will have more effect.
                      It isn't all about being bigger (he's actually only gonna be about 5 pounds bigger once hydrated), nor is it about being stronger. It's about skill. Marquez is ahead of Hatton in this department.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                      X