Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Pacquiao taking a gamble in training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iron lung View Post
    I think the #1 surprise come fight night will be when Pacman feels Ricky's power. Pacman has never fought anyone with Hatton's power. Cotto battered Malignaggi to a UD and Hatton not only stopped him but rocked and wobbled him badly as early as the first 3 rounds
    That's funny, cause Paulie said Cotto hits much harder.

Hatton didn't stop Paulie, Buddy McGirt threw in the towel, much to Malignaggi's pissed off-ness. Apparently, Paulie collapsed in agony after the Cotto fight. Not surprising since Cotto bust his eye socket. Hatton didn't do damage like that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

If Hatton looked any different against Malignaggi I didn't notice. They'd be taking a gamble if they prepared for anything other than the Ricky Hatton we've seen for the past 8 years.

Fighters dont just improve drastically like that at this stage of their career. At most he'll move his head a little more and throw a jab or two. I'm telling you, same Ricky Hatton.

Comment

well i think if Hatton tries to outbox Pacquiao, he will lose. So Pacman needs to prepare less for that scenario as he should have it under control

However if/when Hatton starts wrestling and rough-housing, that's when Pacman will be uncomfortable, hence they felt the need to prepare more in that department

Comment

I know in the back of Roachs head he thinks if Hatton gets in trouble hes gonna revert to what he knows best like mostly all fighters do, but i truly believe were gonna see a more polished boxer in there.

Comment

Originally posted by -X- View Post
            After watching countless hours of footage in the build up to this fight, 24/7, Sky's studio countdown, various interviews etc. I notice that Roach and Co seem to be expecting Hatton to "revert back to his old ways".

Watching 24/7, they seem to be training for the inevitable Hatton rough housing, bullying tactics.

Isn't it too much of a gamble to concentrate most of your training on an assumption that your opponent even denies? What if Hatton pressures forward but uses angles instead of wrapping his arms around Pac? Something old Floyd and Ricky both agree on, and have obviously trained for.

Malignaggi and a lot of people in these forums were taken by surprise the same way. A lot of people thought Malignaggi would simply tame Hatton as he charged forward, but it was in fact Malignaggi that was out boxed. I know Malignaggi is not Pacman, but I'm making the point that camps assume the wrong things and trrain for the wrong fight.

Should Roach really be concentrating so much on Hatton and his past wrestling style fights?
            I think Roach made it clear that they prepared for anything they could think of that Team Hatton would throw at Pac.

He was only making a point that Floyd couldn't force feed his training on Hatton in just 2 training camps because these things take time to fully master. It could be disastrous for him in a big fight experimenting with a new style against a top p4p opponent especially when that opponent has already established a successful formula for winning.

He can't turn Hatton into a JMM caliber counterpuncher overnight, for example. That's why Roach is saying: What if all that Mayweather razzle-dazzle boxing -- well at least Hatton's version -- isn't working, then he'd revert to what he does best, which is to try and overpower and overwhelm his foe like he did in the past. Pac would be ready for that eventuality as well.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post

Hatton didn't stop Paulie, Buddy McGirt threw in the towel, much to Malignaggi's pissed off-ness. Apparently, Paulie collapsed in agony after the Cotto fight. Not surprising since Cotto bust his eye socket. Hatton didn't do damage like that.
              Paulie was holding on for dear life in the 11th and 12th against Cotto too. The ref even repeatedly told Paulie to run near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Rizal View Post
                I think Roach made it clear that they prepared for anything they could think of that Team Hatton would throw at Pac.

He was only making a point that Floyd couldn't force feed his training on Hatton in just 2 training camps because these things take time to fully master. It could be disastrous for him in a big fight experimenting with a new style against a top p4p opponent especially when that opponent has already established a successful formula for winning.

He can't turn Hatton into a JMM caliber counterpuncher overnight, for example. That's why Roach is saying: What if all that Mayweather razzle-dazzle boxing -- well at least Hatton's version -- isn't working, then he'd revert to what he does best, which is to try and overpower and overwhelm his foe like he did in the past. Pac would be ready for that eventuality as well.
                But there definetly training for the wrestling Hatton over the supposedly new one under Floyd sr i think that maybe a mistake.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of excuses coming from you when the fact is Hatton stopped him, Cotto couldn't, nuff said. There was an obvious reason to stop it in the Hatton fight as he was taking far more punishment and the fight was far less competitive.
                  Truth is Cotto and Hatton's power is comparable, and neither can rightly claim to be stronger hitters than the other. Cotto TKO'd Maussa in 8, Hatton brutally KO'd him with 1 shot in the 9th. As you can see it can be very easily argued Hattno has more power but it's all moot, even with similar power it still spells doom for Pacman because Pacman would not be able to take Cotto's power any better than he would Hatton's.

Comment

Originally posted by -X- View Post
                    I know in the back of Roachs head he thinks if Hatton gets in trouble hes gonna revert to what he knows best like mostly all fighters do, but i truly believe were gonna see a more polished boxer in there.
                    Maybe a more polished brawler. If Hatton boxes he's getting picked apart.

Ricky's best chance to win is fighting his same old mauling, hugging, in and out style. And he will do that fromt he start.

Comment

May be true, but did you see that massive right hand Hatton landed on Paulie around the 2nd or 3rd round if im not mistaking? Dam!!!!!! Almost dropped Paulie, but he decided to hug Hatton instead..

Comment

Working...
                      X