Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Pacquiao taking a gamble in training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, iron lung - to your irrelevant (and I do mean irrelevant) point about Hatton's power being equal to (or -- DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN -- even greater than) Cotto's,

Paulie Malignaggi has shared a ring with both Cotto and the object of your same-sex idolatry.

He says Cotto hits harder. From watching both men, and not just going by 2 misleading statistics, I can easily believe it. And so can many others besides me.

Sorry if it hurts you.

Now, kindly remind me.

What was your point when you mentioned the crushing leaping left-hook of doom that Ricky landed once in 1,000,000 attempts as a follow-on gambit from a convo about the sophistication with which Hatton will work his way inside tonight, again?

Comment

Originally posted by iron lung View Post
      Light's out *****, you just got sonned. Now sit down and take your ass raping like the little ***** you are because your gay lover Pacquiao is going to get an even worse beating tonight than you got in this thread.
      Bump time, as promised.

Let's compare the pre-fight words of iron lung and Man In Black, on the subject of Pacquiao-Hatton.

iron lung :

Originally posted by iron lung on 04-15-09 View Post
      this pacman will 'dispose' of Hatton **** is getting outrageous.

People act like the disparity between their skill levels is so great that Pacman will easily dominate and obliterate a prime ATG fighter with one loss on his record, when Pac couldn't even "obliterate" an ancient and retired Barrera or old JMM.
      Originally posted by iron lung on 05-01-09 View Post
      hatton is gonna toss manny into a corner like a rag doll and pulverize his body so brutally roach will throw in the towel as manny collapses.
      Originally posted by iron lung on 05-02-09 View Post
      Pacman on the other hand doesn't hit nearly as hard as people think, at least not at 140lbs.

Moral of the story is I think when Pacman sees that Ricky is walking through his punches like they're nothing and then when Pacman feels Ricky's power for the first time, especially to the body (Pacman has a tendency to often hold his gloves up very high and expose his body), he will begin to doubt his ability to win the fight and Ricky will KTFO him.
      hatton tko 8
      hatton TKO 8
      Hatton will own him by the 7th or 8th.
      Hatton will KTFO Pacman brutally around round 6-8

Man In Black :

Originally posted by Man In Black on 02-13-09
      If Hatton comes out with a kind of steady aggression and tries to get a measure of Pac, work his way in...like he appeared to do against Paulie...he's getting a shock.
      Originally posted by Man In Black on 02-13-09
      If he begins steadily, trying to get the measure of Pac in a bid to show 'patience' and work his way in (like he appeared to do with Paulie), I see him getting diced up and being forced to backslide into the old habits quick. If Paul can cause Hatton's face to puff up after one round, Pac can do it worse. How Hatton recovers from a bad start might depend on how bad Pac gets to him early and how much Hatton's capacity for absorbing punishment has diminished.
      Originally posted by Man In Black on 04-02-09
      We haven't seen Pac have to take a really good one above 130 yet, but I think his chin can stand up to a solid shot from Hatton.
      Originally posted by Man In Black on 04-02-09
      I don't see Ricky being steady and successfully timing Pac on anything. Hatton isn't Marquez, he can't make Manny over-commit, lateral movement will make the bullseye too elusive and he'll get punished that way for being a sitting target trying to get a handle on Manny's rhythm, Manny'll find angles and it won't all be about the left cross Hatton's expecting to capitalize on
      Originally posted by Man In Black on 04-29-09
      [B]Malignaggi doesn't count, he posed no threat, by dint of being barely able to put a combination together. So let's see this seamless confluence of Hatton's rugged physicality and Mayweather's technical augmentation in practice.

Until we see some evidence, I don't want to hear about this Ricky being superior to the pre 2008 model. Improvements are only improvements if they're effective. One thing Hatton always did at his most effective was set about his task with conviction and gusto. If he comes out against Pac, is unable to execute it how Sr. told him to, starts taking a hiding and then looks hesitant and in 2 minds until he's knocked out...that isn't an improvement.
      Originally posted by Man In Black on 05-02-09
      Pacquiao. There's a case for Hatton if the variables were a little more in his favor and with a quick start, but, this isn't the MEN anymore, the referee should be attentive at his job, the punch-resistance isn't quite what it was, and the strategy he tries to follow will mislead him into a poor opening. After he starts badly and realizes this guy has movement and tricks on him, that he isn't out-timing or out-maneuvering ****, he's going to be in 2 minds, Pac will have the headstart and will get the extension he needs on his punches frequently enough to get Hatton ready for a brutal kill around 8, 9 or 10. And it won't be all about the left-cross either, Manny will bring out shots Hatton isn't going to see coming.

Pacquiao T/KO RD 8-10.

Now for the litmus test. Who is the astute observer and who is the rampant nuthugger?

Let's find out,

Light's out *****, you just got sonned.

(ps. your siggy of Hatton landing a punishing body shot on Castillo has magically disappeared. and now you're a Manny Pac fan. who'd have thought? )

Comment

lol.

'sonned'.

Comment

yea, quite a gamble there.

Comment

Props to you, Man In Black. Green k for outstanding observation and analysis.

Comment

Working...
            X