Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overated POPKINS - How is he a p4p great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke the middleweight record yes....

but he fought who ???

Comment

• Rules 160 for 5 years, hold belts at 160 for 11 years, only person to ever unify all four major belts (taylor may have held them but he only did that by beating hopkins) P4P top ten the entire 2000's.

Johnson
      Echolsx2
      Allenx2
      Vanderpool
      Holmes
      Trinidad
      ODLH
      Joppy
      Eastman
      Tarver
      Wright
      Pavlik

Even his losses have been close fights against good fighters Taylor, Calzaghe, RJJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by dde91 View Post
        20 TITLE defenses against MW
        KO/TKO'd DLH, TITO, JOHNSON, ECHOLS, ALLEN, LISPEY
        Beat Tarver, when Tarver was THE MAN at LHW, no matter how you see it

Beat Winky, when nobody wanted to fight Winky.
        Beat Pavlik ass.

And SHOULD have got the Decisions from Both Taylor fights, and the Calzaghe fight. (Calzaghe wasn't even punching to connect) bull **** robberies. Plus he was OVER ****IN 40 years old. Let me see your favorite fighter be 44 fighting at the top of the game. Only few do it.

so quite hatin and respect a legend while he's here.

THE GREATEST BOXER OF THE PAST 10 YEARS.
        End of Thread...

Comment

• In my opinion Hopkins was a damned good fighter. Most pfp all-timers had something that Hopkins didnt have while he was champion. That being another great fighter to do battle with. Sure later in his career he had some good names but through the most of it he was defending his title against names that nobody outside the circle would know. Lamotta had Robinson, HAgler had Hearns aswell as Leonard and Duran. I just dont know who Hopkins could have fought to compare. Anyone can see that Hopkins dominated his division through the time as the other pfpers did but he just didnt have that strong division as the others did. A middleweight great I can easily see even with the divisions short comings through his time. But pfp I just cant believe. Still, my hats off for Hopkins. An old school Philidelphia warrior who may never have brought the game to elevated levels as some of the other more popular fighters did but one thing is certain, he never brought it down. A very honorable warrior in my opinion.......................Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
            broke the middleweight record yes....

but he fought who ???
            you where probably in nappies in the 90's when he was doing it so I understand you might not know the names but try using http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...eweight--1990s as a reference.

Most of his defences where top 10 divisional ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
              you where probably in nappies in the 90's when he was doing it so I understand you might not know the names but try using http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...eweight--1990s as a reference.

Most of his defences where top 10 divisional ranked.
              michael jennings, the one cotto fought is rated very high in the divisional rankings... i think he was #2 the time cotto fought him...

but he ****** in that fight badly...

Comment

Rules 160 for 5 years, hold belts at 160 for 11 years, only person to ever unify all four major belts (taylor may have held them but he only did that by beating hopkins) P4P top ten the entire 2000's.

Johnson
                Echolsx2
                Allenx2
                Vanderpool
                Holmes
                Trinidad
                ODLH
                Joppy
                Eastman
                Tarver
                Wright
                Pavlik

Even his losses have been close fights against good fighters Taylor, Calzaghe, RJJ.
                exactly. HE LOST against top fighters.

he FOUGHT bums and undersized fighters. He stayed at middleweight because he was too chicken **** to fight at a diffrent weight class. Not once did he move up in weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  michael jennings, the one cotto fought is rated very high in the divisional rankings... i think he was #2 the time cotto fought him...

but he ****** in that fight badly...
                  Jennings wasn't even ranked 2 in the UK let alone in the world.

Don't mistake ring rankings for corrupt organisation rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
                    exactly. HE LOST against top fighters.

he FOUGHT bums and undersized fighters. He stayed at middleweight because he was too chicken **** to fight at a diffrent weight class. Not once did he move up in weight.
                    Tarver aint no bum. Pavlik was still a good fighter at a higher weight. Trinidad won a title at 160 so he proved he could fight there. And Bernard stayed at middleweight because he wanted to break the defense record.

I'm not gonna argue with you though since you think Bernard is "chicken ****". Its obvious you can't be reasoned with.

Comment

Jennings wasn't even ranked 2 in the UK let alone in the world.

Don't mistake ring rankings for corrupt organisation rankings.
                      be clear then... be specific... so the fighters that belong in the top 10 divisional rankings u were saying that hopkins fought were rated by the RING? u have any links? i want to know more about hopkins' middleweight reign...

Comment

Working...
                      X