Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overated POPKINS - How is he a p4p great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
    exactly. HE LOST against top fighters.

he FOUGHT bums and undersized fighters. He stayed at middleweight because he was too chicken **** to fight at a diffrent weight class. Not once did he move up in weight.
    bumbaclot pusshole novice.

10 years reignin the middleweight division? Mi tink that is long enough to be p4p great. No bloodclot way he would not fight top competition seen?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      2nd longest title reign ever, Calzaghe is beast- get over it, and he is still a top contender from super-middle to light-heavy at over 40 so there you have it.....plus co-ceo in a major promo company
      Calzaghe is 37, and I dare him to fight a top ranked fighter at 40. Calzaghe doesnt come close to the legend Hopkins is. And the only one out of those two involved in a MAJOR promo company is Hopkins.

Comment

• I aint gonna say ****.....I let these dudes speak for me......
        Originally posted by dde91 View Post
        20 TITLE defenses against MW
        KO/TKO'd DLH, TITO, JOHNSON, ECHOLS, ALLEN, LISPEY
        Beat Tarver, when Tarver was THE MAN at LHW, no matter how you see it
        Beat Winky, when nobody wanted to fight Winky.
        Beat Pavlik ass.
        And SHOULD have got the Decisions from Both Taylor fights, and the Calzaghe fight. (Calzaghe wasn't even punching to connect) bull **** robberies. Plus he was OVER ****IN 40 years old. Let me see your favorite fighter be 44 fighting at the top of the game. Only few do it.
        so quite hatin and respect a legend while he's here.
        THE GREATEST BOXER OF THE PAST 10 YEARS.
        Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Broke the record of career Middleweight Title defenses, and set a new one at 20 consecutive.
        Has hall mark wins over Johnson, Tito, Oscar, Winky, Tarver, and Kelly.
        Tarver was the true, lineal Champion at 175 when Hopkins moved up and schooled him at the age of 41.
        The only man to ever stop Glenn Johnson.
        Knocked out Felix Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoya.
        Schooled Kelly Pavlik and embarassed him at 170, just 4lbs north of the 166 catchweight where Kelly beat Jermain in the rematch.
        Has never really been "beaten" since losing to Jones back in the early 90's.
        Had a very close fight with Joe Calzaghe that a lot of people felt he won, at the age of 43.
        His run in his 40's alone is the stuff of a Legend.
        Nobody goes 3-1 against competition like Tarver, Winky, Calzaghe, and Kelly between the ages of 41-44. It's unheard of.
        Originally posted by mangler View Post
        His losses to Taylor and Joe C are officially marks agaisnt him, but they are so heavily disputed nobody really counts em. Bhop has proven himself as an ageless great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
          I score the first Taylor fight a draw and the second for Taylor, Hopkins did very little in that fight, aside from that he's a legend.
          Agreed, The fights that he lost to Calzaghe and Taylor were all close.. hes a master of the game and one of the greatest.

Comment

• Originally posted by dde91 View Post
            20 TITLE defenses against MW
            KO/TKO'd DLH, TITO, JOHNSON, ECHOLS, ALLEN, LISPEY
            Beat Tarver, when Tarver was THE MAN at LHW, no matter how you see it

Beat Winky, when nobody wanted to fight Winky.
            Beat Pavlik ass.

And SHOULD have got the Decisions from Both Taylor fights, and the Calzaghe fight. (Calzaghe wasn't even punching to connect) bull **** robberies. Plus he was OVER ****IN 40 years old. Let me see your favorite fighter be 44 fighting at the top of the game. Only few do it.

so quite hatin and respect a legend while he's here.

THE GREATEST BOXER OF THE PAST 10 YEARS.

Hopkins is a great fighter but noway in hell he win the Calzaghe fight.

Comment

• Man, EVERYBODY keeps on Bringing up the taylor and Calzaghe fights. They always say, O HE LOST TO A GREAT BOXER n Blah Blah Blah. HOW old was Bernard When he fought them???? he was 40 years and older. And he still made them Look worse in the Lose. I thought he should have won, but O Well. its the past.

BUt dont bring up Calzaghe and Taylor like they Whooped B-Hop like Tarver, JOhnson, and Calzaghe did to Jones. Every lose he was in since he was 40 and above were close, and many feel he won. B-Hop Ten years ago would TKO Calzaghe and Taylor. BUt this isn't a woulda, coulda, shoulda. But if you cant see that then you are dumb.
              Hopkins

Comment

• Man, EVERYBODY keeps on Bringing up the taylor and Calzaghe fights. They always say, O HE LOST TO A GREAT BOXER n Blah Blah Blah. HOW old was Bernard When he fought them???? he was 40 years and older. And he still made them Look worse in the Lose. I thought he should have won, but O Well. its the past.

BUt dont bring up Calzaghe and Taylor like they Whooped B-Hop like Tarver, JOhnson, and Calzaghe did to Jones. Every lose he was in since he was 40 and above were close, and many feel he won. B-Hop Ten years ago would TKO Calzaghe and Taylor. BUt this isn't a woulda, coulda, shoulda. But if you cant see that then you are dumb.
                Hopkins

Comment

• And im saying like everybody is trying to make it seem Prime for Prime Calzaghe and Taylor are better then Hopkins. If you really think that, WOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                    Man, EVERYBODY keeps on Bringing up the taylor and Calzaghe fights. They always say, O HE LOST TO A GREAT BOXER n Blah Blah Blah. HOW old was Bernard When he fought them???? he was 40 years and older. And he still made them Look worse in the Lose. I thought he should have won, but O Well. its the past.

Hopkins
                    Hopkins would have been a top fighter in any era,and so would Calzaghe.I am not surprised that you assume that B-hop would KO Calzaghe ten years ago,but that is an assumption too far.In reality the fight would probably have been as close as it was when they did fight.

Comment

• The threadstarter must of got hit with the green karma from some big hitter. They're ******* too.

Comment

Working...
                      X