No announcement yet.

Cotto, Arum To Meet on April 14, Choose New Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto, Arum To Meet on April 14, Choose New Trainer

Top Rank's Bob Arum has finally spoken out about the recent family brawl between WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and uncle/trainer Evangelista Cotto. As many have already heard from numerous reports on BoxingScene.com, Cotto and his uncle exchanged punches after a heated verbal dispute over a training plan [presented by Miguel] on Wednesday at the Bairoa Gym in Caguas, Puerto Rico. Cotto fired his uncle, the two traded punches, and later in the day they would trade punches again, with a featured incident that saw Evangelista launching a cement block at Miguel, which missed the fighter but broke the window of his 2009 jaguar. Miguel suffered a cut on his nose and Evangelista went to the hospital with a broken nose, chest and cervical trauma. [details]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-09-2009, 11:54 PM.

Manny's out, "The Predator" FTW.

Comment

I knew, Manny wasnt a option. Im glad!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lets see what happens now,hopefully Miguel and Evangelista can reconcile in the future,and if not at least just move on with their lives.This has become a mess,anyways now I just want to see who's going to be Cotto's new trainer out of the 6 candidates.

Comment

i wouldnt be suprised if isnt buddy mcgirt, or nazim.....i dont think it will floyd, sr. or roach........my gut tells me its nazim.....bob arum is loud but his not stupid....he knows that pairing nazim with cotto is good for revenues

Comment

I'd love to see who's on that list.

Comment

This just seems like it's gonna drag Cotto down. This woulda been fine if it happened just before Jennings, but it ain't good for his fight wit Clottey.

Comment

a true worrior dont needa trainer...cotto could probably use his own personal knowledge n beat clottey..

Comment

People here overate trainers too much, Cotto's basically been training himself for a long time. No matter who's in his corner I have no doubt he will beat Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
                    People here overate trainers too much, Cotto's basically been training himself for a long time. No matter who's in his corner I have no doubt he will beat Clottey.
                    i agree 100 percent. but im gunna make my prediction and say that buddy mcgirt will train cotto for this fight...

Comment

Working...
                    X