Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd retire because he was afraid to fight other prime welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his plan is working! he let mosley & margarito beat each other... now margarito is done & mosley is getting older... now cotto & clottey will mix it up...

all the time he was watching these, resting his body & waiting for the clamour for him to return $ his stock rises...

what a brilliant maneuver, unintended or not...

Comment

Floyd will never fight a prime top welterweight.

He may fight JMM or Hatton again, or someone like Timothy Bradley. But never anyone who has a real chance to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2009 View Post
        Vitali beat up Lewis and scared him into retirement
        ..You're kidding me right?

Seems to me you're just a bitter and angry whiteboy because no white boxer can get the recognition Lewis and Mayweather got.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post

He may fight JMM or Hatton again, or someone like Timothy Bradley. But never anyone who has a real chance to beat him.
          Er... May be that's because he is not a Welter?

I mean If you want to talk about Ducking, let's talk about the K brothers. Finally a half-decent challenger (Haye) appears, and look at what it does the brothers. They run and run and run, and eventually settle an agreement with such a pathetic and farce of a contract.

THAT, to ME, is pretty lame

Comment

Baldomir was the lineal champion and Judah was a beltholder when Floyd beat em. Before Miguel even touched 147 Floyd had beat both of em.

I understand though u have a strong disliking for Floyd, so ur opinion isn't valid.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
              Er... May be that's because he is not a Welter?

I mean If you want to talk about Ducking, let's talk about the K brothers. Finally a half-decent challenger (Haye) appears, and look at what it does the brothers. They run and run and run, and eventually settle an agreement with such a pathetic and farce of a contract.

THAT, to ME, is pretty lame
              What top 15 heavyweight has Haye beaten?

Why won't he fight in a final eliminator like JC Gomez, Thompson and Povetkin have?

Haye hasn't earned a title shot like others have, but he's getting one anyway.

He's very lucky to be getting his big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                Baldomir was the lineal champion and Judah was a beltholder when Floyd beat em. Before Miguel even touched 147 Floyd had beat both of em.

I understand though u have a strong disliking for Floyd, so ur opinion isn't valid.
                Baldomir was a limited fighter. Did you see how easily Forrest beat him?

Typical Floyd hand-picked opponent.

Comment

Baldomir was a limited fighter. Did you see how easily Forrest beat him?

Typical Floyd hand-picked opponent.
                  I didn't say he was a really a good fighter. He was the man at 147 at the time and Floyd beat him. Forrest beat him 2 or so years later at 154. And every1 knew Vernon was gonna win that fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                    He's not coming back, Calzaghe will though. And you are a hater. Another one.

Originally posted by toysale View Post
                    calzaghe won't come back, if anyones going to return i'd put a lot of money on it being floyd instead of calzaghe reason being calzaghe hasn't got anything left to proove but there are still a lot of challenges for floyd out there...

He hasn't proved ****. If anything he is just another generic fighter with an inflated record and a dusty "0". Calslappy has the best worthless work rate though, I'll give him that.

Either way, I will guarantee my first born child's life that PBF is coming back.

Comment

Floyd will never be a bona fide ATG because he will never take the risk of fighting the best opponents the way fighters like Hagler did.

Comment

Working...
                      X