Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd retire because he was afraid to fight other prime welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd will probably fight mosley next year

Comment

I don't wanna say he was flat out scared, but he just don't want it wit the top WW's. 0 tolerance of fights he knows he won't win easily. Like somebody else said, not full blown scared, but scared of losin. If he does come back, watch his ass challenge Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        floyd will probably fight mosley next year
        No, he'll wait another couple of years until Shane is really shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
          If he comes back, he'll likely want to fight smaller guys like JMM, but never Cotto, Williams or Mosley.
          "Smaller guys"....

Funny how you mention JMM and not Pac because EVERY WW called out Pac.

And what would Floyd be to Mosley..Berto..Cintron..Clotey....Williams....and Cotto......ummmm the smaller guy.

He retired because he couldnt get up for an ODH rematch that the public wouldnt buy.......

He said hed fight Mosley for 20 million.....eff it..pay em..make the fight...Mosley had his chance but he ducked him and said he had a toothache.

Hell come back for Hatton or Pacman...and a tune up.

Because...... Mayweather vs. Hatton II or Mayweather vs. Pacman are the TWO biggest fights in the world....BAR NONE.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            I don't wanna say he was flat out scared, but he just don't want it wit the top WW's. 0 tolerance of fights he knows he won't win easily. Like somebody else said, not full blown scared, but scared of losin. If he does come back, watch his ass challenge Pac.
            The number 1 p4p fighter in the world...at a weight of 140 pounds.......

Its a mute point when Berto...Marg...Cotto and Mosley ALSO want to fight Pac...nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner II View Post
              The number 1 p4p fighter in the world...at a weight of 140 pounds.......

Its a mute point when Berto...Marg...Cotto and Mosley ALSO want to fight Pac...nice try though

You've obviously never seen any of my numerous ****in posts ****tin on all the WW's for callin out lil Pac, sayin Pac is a fool for wantin to go back to 147, or the ones where I said PBF vs JMM or Pac at 140 is cool wit me... nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                You've obviously never seen any of my numerous ****in posts ****tin on all the WW's for callin out lil Pac, sayin Pac is a fool for wantin to go back to 147, or the ones where I said PBF vs JMM or Pac at 140 is cool wit me... nice try though.
                If this is how you feel then I applaud you.

Trotting Mayweather out there aginst Paul Williams is idiotic...seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner II View Post
                  If this is how you feel then I applaud you.

Trotting Mayweather out there aginst Paul Williams is idiotic...seriously.

I never voiced any demand for that fight either homey.

Comment

How would be scared of a WW...When he even fought at a heavier divison at 154 pounds aginst Oscar.

Some punk that Floyd guy is...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I doubt floyd was scared. He had a mega-multi-phantazillion dollar rematch lined up, against a fighter he had already beaten, but elected to retire anyway.

What does that say? To me it says that he simply was tired of the game and wanted to get out on his own terms with his faculties intact. Respect for that, but his boxing legacy suffers from it obviously.
                      regarding the first bit .. the DLH/Mayweather rematch was getting royally crapped on by the media, had Floyd gone through with it, he'd get questioned to high hell about why he's not fighting the best at his weight Cotto or Margarito .. who are fighting each other to like you said, take a big money fight with someone he already beat .. could you imagine all the crap Floyd would get for taking this Big Money fight ... while meanwhile the 2 best in his division are duking it out?

not saying Floyd's a "ducker" for going with the DLH rematch over Margarito or Cotto ... but if their was ever a strictly financial move to make in boxing, it would be a fight vs DLH.

so sure he could be all of a sudden "tired of boxing" and his hand injury history has been well documented .. and at 39-0 as a 5 division belt holder, minus being Undisputed Mayweather's accomplished a hell of a lot in the sport.

but to retire going into a huge money fight in a rematch does kinda seem strange.

if you ask me Floyd realized the second fight vs DLH was getting little to no positive hype, quite the opposite actually .. it was basically getting questioned and laughed at. "Floyd's rematching DLH for another pay day, hahaha"

and rather then go through with the DLH rematch, and have to deal with all the potential negative backlash, he retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X