Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would every notable WW have beaten DLH the night he fought Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Not a fan of Oscar or his team either, especially Dundee. I haven't made up my mind with Nacho to be honest.

I said a while back that in a way, Oscar deserved it because he was trying to take advantage of a situation. And, he didn't pay attention to history.

Oscar's body quit so his mind quit. Oscar would have been better off with a big puncher in there so it wouldn't have had to last as long as it did.

I do actually understand what Freddie is doing and where he is coming from.
    Freddie isn't wrong in what he does, but for me, it's just not the way I do things or like to see things happen.
    Yet somehow you Discredit Pac's performance because of Oscars failures.Show me your post that Oscar fighting at 147 against PAc was unfair for Oscar before the fight happen and ill believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by aether View Post
      pointless thread. the only wins that matter are the fights that were actually fought. not who "would have most likely won", or "who would have been the favorite". if that's the case, we wouldn't need fights. we would just speculate and analyze who is the favorite to win.

Fighter "X" could have beaten fighter "Y" means absolute jack ****.

if anything else, the purpose of this thread is to discredit pac's win over DLH. well guess what b*tches, speculate all you want., it was pac that beat DLH.

cotto "would have" ko'd DLH
      marg "could have" ko'd DLH
      floyd "could have" ko'd DLH
      shane "should have" ko'd DLH

but

Pacquiao DID ko DLH....
      just sayin'

True, Pac was the one that showed up healthy and ready to fight. He prepared properly and won the War.

However, it doesn't take away from what was going on.

Freddie Roach goes through the whole thing about why Oscar was going to lose and then continues on after the fight on his thoughts of what Oscar did wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
        Yet somehow you Discredit Pac's performance because of Oscars failures.Show me your post that Oscar fighting at 147 against PAc was unfair for Oscar before the fight happen and ill believe you.
        He won, so he gets credit for that. But at what LEVEL is what I'm talking about.

Larry Holmes and Berbick beat Ali but did they beat the Ali we came to know?
        How much credit points do they get for the win?

You can go through my posts. I'm not digging.

I said there was a possibility Oscar could show up flat. I also brought up the possibility it could be like Tszyu vs. Hatton given the similarities. Age, inactivity, injury, weight, etc.
        Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-30-2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
          any top 10 WW would have beaten him.its very obvious 2 any boxing fan that watched the fight
          i remember this exact same line "any boxing fan knows that pacquiao has no chance to beat DLH"

so opinions=crap

i say give pac credit for a win where almost nobody gave him a chance. those who did are either called "nut huggers", "delusional", or "******s"....

don't make me bump those threads.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
            Top welterweights could've beat him. Top 5-10. I don't think second tier welters beat him even with him looking terrrible. It's still impressive because Pacman was at such a size disadvantage.
            Pacman outweighed Oscar

Comment

He won, so he gets credit for that. But at what LEVEL is what I'm talking about.

Larry Holmes and Berbick beat Ali but did they beat the Ali we came to know?
              How much credit points do they get for the win?

You can go through my posts. I'm not digging.
              Did berbick jump two divisions practically 3 to make ALI quit?Did Ali 2 fights before gave a competetive fight against the p4p#1?
              Im asking you. did you think when the fight was announced at 147 that it was unfair for Oscar and an advantage for Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm. View Post
                Pacman outweighed Oscar
                Let me rephrase. Height and reach disadvantage. Better?

Comment

True, Pac was the one that showed up healthy and ready to fight. He prepared properly and won the War.

However, it doesn't take away from what was going on.

Freddie Roach goes through the whole thing about why Oscar was going to lose and then continues on after the fight on his thoughts of what Oscar did wrong.
                  as another poster said earlier, DLH's camp claims he felt faster at WW and he would ko pac... so i don't base much on what the camps say...

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm. View Post
                    Pacman outweighed Oscar
                    So all those fighters who outweighs their opponent by1.5 pounds at fight time shouldnt be considered?
                    How certain are you that the HBO weights were accurate ? was it Official?

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                      Let me rephrase. Height and reach disadvantage. Better?
                      No point of having a reach advantage when you are weight drained. Oscar couldn’t barely throw a double jab

Comment

Working...
                      X