Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would every notable WW have beaten DLH the night he fought Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Start time: 10:05
    So how many people watched the video?

Everything was involved. You can start from the beginning or just go to Oscar's condition at the time I mentioned above.
    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-30-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRef View Post
      I'm being very real. What logic are you referring to that Oscar should have won? The fact that he had multiple titles at multiple weight classes? The fact that he was a bigger fighter than Manny, both in stature and reputation? The fact that he had more "big fight" experience? I base my personal logic on the fights that I've seen, and based upon that - I felt that Oscar had a puncher's chance; at best to beat Manny.

-The Ref
      if this was your real thought BEFORE the fight then you are in the minority choosing pac to win. the majority, outside of calling this fight a circus, had dlh ftw.

Comment

• geezus ****ing christ

you mother****ers act like they strolled Oscam to the ring in a wheelchair and propped him up on crutches or some ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogler View Post
          if this was your real thought BEFORE the fight then you are in the minority choosing pac to win. the majority, outside of calling this fight a circus, had dlh ftw.
          Don't you think it is legit to change your mind the minute you learn Oscar weighed 147 on fight night? Because that is a big chunk of information right there, and I was watching it with friends (ricans btw, so not so much bias there). All of us were like...what? why on earth? did we actually read that correctly?

One thing is imagining 160lbs Oscar beating Pacquiao. One thing is knowing he is coming in at a weight he probably did not carry on fight night since the mid 90s...

Comment

• ODH only looked so so "bad" because he didnt have a target to actually hit.
            Unlike Mayweather who layed against the ropes and Mayorga who stood right in front of him Pacquiao was going in and out, side to side while throwing punches.
            Oscar just couldnt hit him

Comment

• those u mentioned wouldve ko'd him a lot sooner

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                Don't you think it is legit to change your mind the minute you learn Oscar weighed 147 on fight night? Because that is a big chunk of information right there, and I was watching it with friends (ricans btw, so not so much bias there). All of us were like...what? why on earth? did we actually read that correctly?

One thing is imagining 160lbs Oscar beating Pacquiao. One thing is knowing he is coming in at a weight he probably did not carry on fight night since the mid 90s...
                ive no prob if ppl did change their mind come fight night. but the thing is, Oskie has been weighing a few lbs only over 150 even long before the training camp started. so it would be really impossible for him to bulk up 155-160 on fight night after camp. he only went up that high to be competitive at middleweight. did you see him against sturm? flabby. he's really a natural ww to jmw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogler View Post
                  ive no prob if ppl did change their mind come fight night. but the thing is, Oskie has been weighing a few lbs only over 150 even long before the training camp started. so it would be really impossible for him to bulk up 155-160 on fight night after camp. he only went up that high to be competitive at middleweight. did you see him against sturm? flabby. he's really a natural ww to jmw.
                  There is a big (and it looks like these days it is increasing, see Guzman or Pacquiao for example) difference between the weigh in and the weight on fight night. Oscar was coming in at 160 or more for years now. At 154 probably more than that. A natural welter is someone who weighs ~160. Oscar is a natural welter. If Oscar was weighing ~150 in training camp, that was a bad mistake. Pac capitalized on that too. I think Pac was ready for a much tougher fight than the Oscar he actually faced gave him. Pac could have won even against a guy who actually threw punches. He had shown new stuff in the Diaz fight. Pac fought a perfect fight against Oscar, but Oscar was in such shape, that he did not really need to.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRef View Post
                    I'm being very real. What logic are you referring to that Oscar should have won? The fact that he had multiple titles at multiple weight classes? The fact that he was a bigger fighter than Manny, both in stature and reputation? The fact that he had more "big fight" experience? I base my personal logic on the fights that I've seen, and based upon that - I felt that Oscar had a puncher's chance; at best to beat Manny.

-The Ref
                    and i bet you were called an idiot for that....

come on. even pac fans did not truly believe pac was the favorite...

Comment

• i swear to god. look at the threads prior to this fight....

you will see how big of a tool some of these posters are...

Comment

Working...
                      X