Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would every notable WW have beaten DLH the night he fought Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aether View Post

Pacquiao DID ko DLH....
    just sayin'
    Actually, only Hopkins KO'd Oscar. He just quit against Pac. Big difference. He couldn't win, so he quit. Hopkins knocked him out.

Hopkins KO Oscar
    Oscar RTD vs Pac

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      What was "my fighters" spin?

And who is "my fighter"?

lets just disagree. moving on. ..........

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Actually, only Hopkins KO'd Oscar. He just quit against Pac. Big difference. He couldn't win, so he quit. Hopkins knocked him out.

Hopkins KO Oscar
        Oscar RTD vs Pac
        ok. wanna be technical about it

Pac TKO Oscar

anyways, i think quitting is much worse than a KO... much more to a fighter who had one fight at 135. and you were suppose to beat this guy...

Comment

- he was NOT weight-drained, NOR shot. look at the first few rounds. DLH was missing miserably when he did try to punch, or getting countered. pac goes in and out, side to side. that's why dlh wasn't punching. cause there is nothing to hit.
          You don't really believe that do you? Seriously? You don't think Oscar was weight drained and done in that night huh?

Pac fought great. The perfect fight, but, Oscar was flat out weight drained to the point of being a walking corpse. Shot as shot can be.

Comment

Start time: 10:05
            Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-30-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              You don't really believe that do you? Seriously? You don't think Oscar was weight drained and done in that night huh?

Pac fought great. The perfect fight, but, Oscar was flat out weight drained to the point of being a walking corpse. Shot as shot can be.
              nope. he wasn't weight drained. like you said, pac fought the perfect fight.

dlh not throwing= pac's movement

call me a nuthugger if you want. cause that's the way i see it. i really don't care if you disagree with me. i just call it how i see it.

Comment

much more to a fighter who had one fight at 135. and you were suppose to beat this guy...
                The only people that said Oscar was "supposed to" beat Manny - were those that rely far too much on marquee names and don't look at the entire breadth of work for Manny, and accept the decline/change in Oscar's skills. The only real argument for Oscar to beat Manny was that he was the bigger fighter...a gross miscalculation by all that thought that was going to be the deciding factor in that bout.

The Ref

Comment

Every notable welter at the time (Margarito, Cotto, Williams, Mosley, Clottey) would have beat the DLH that lost to Pac and the DLH that lost to Mayweather.

It still amazes me how many people think DLH was a wrecking ball in the ring the last few years.

Comment

ok. wanna be technical about it

Pac TKO Oscar

anyways, i think quitting is much worse than a KO... much more to a fighter who had one fight at 135. and you were suppose to beat this guy...

Yeah, sure. if it makes you feel better. Just pointing out that a KO is when you knock someone down and they can't get back up or they are too hurt to go on. Pac didn't even really hurt him. He just couldn't do anything to win.

So, you think Oscar should have just kept plodding about doing nothing while getting hit over and over and not being able to move or defend? You obviously never stepped in a ring before. You are also plain ****** and sadistic if you think he should have kept going on with it or that there is anything wrong with quitting if you're in that situation.
                    Last edited by BennyST; 03-30-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aether View Post
                      nope. he wasn't weight drained. like you said, pac fought the perfect fight.

dlh not throwing= pac's movement

call me a nuthugger if you want. cause that's the way i see it. i really don't care if you disagree with me. i just call it how i see it.
                      Ok, sure mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X