Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume at 175. RJJ or Michalczewski?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx View Post
    and those 5 roy loses are bull****......
    You mean he slipped?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      You mean he slipped?
      whats your take bat??

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        You mean he slipped?
        griffin lose was bull**** as we all know
        and after the ruiz fight it was open season on roy

Comment

Originally posted by BrendanWoodside View Post
          whats your take bat??
          I've thought about making this thread for a while. In my head the options of the poll should have been something like this:

RJJ is waaaaaaayyyyy better than DM
          or
          RJJ is better than DM.

After checking their records I must say DM's impressed me quite a bit and I also realize that RJJ's claim to greatness is definetely not based solely on his endeavors at 175 alone.

DM might have fought a couple of clubfighters but so did RJJ. DM also has some pretty good names on his record and RJJ's losses look pretty bad.

I think it's about even or a little plus to RJJ. I think it's rubbish if anyone says that their resumes are way apart because they are not. Remember this is only 175.

Comment

Common opponents:

Virgil Hill
            Michalczewski UD 12
            Jones KO 4

Notes: Hill was the unified WBA & IBF champion and the number 1 light heavyweight at the time he fought Michalczewski. He had not fought for a year and was coming off a loss to Michalczewski when he fought Roy Jones who KO'd him with a bodyshot.

Montell Griffin
            Michalczewski TKO 4
            Jones loss by DQ 9, win by KO1

Notes: Griffin was undefeated at the time he fought Jones and coming off two (controversial) wins over James Toney. Griffin was a top contender when he fought Michalzewski but he had recently lost a split decision to Eric Harding.

Richard Hall
            Jones TKO 11 (referee stoppage)
            Michalczewski TKO 11 (stopped due to swelling), TKO 10 (referee stoppage)

Notes: Jones dominated the interim WBA LHW champion Richard Hall from start to finish. Hall was coming off a loss to Jones when he fought Michalczewski but he put up a good effort and lost somewhat controversially two times.

Derrick Harmon
            Roy Jones TKO 11 (corner stoppage)
            Dariusz Michalczewski KO 9

Notes: Harmon had recently lost a split decision when he fought Roy Jones, nevertheless he had piled up a good record. After losing to Jones he went onto beat Glen Johnson and Tim Littles and lose a decision to Montell Griffin, then fought Michalczewski and was KO'd in the 9th round.

JC Gonzales
            Roy Jones UD 12
            Darius Michalczewski loss by SD

Notes: Gonzales was undefeated including a win over an undefeated Julian Letterlough when he fought Jones. Jones dominated him for 12 rounds but failed to finish him. Years later, coming off a majority decision win over Glen Johnson, he beat 48-0 Michalczewski by a split decision.
            Last edited by TheGreatA; 02-23-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
              Common opponents:

Virgil Hill
              Michalczewski UD 12
              Jones KO 4

Notes: Hill was the unified WBA & IBF champion and the number 1 light heavyweight at the time he fought Michalczewski. He had not fought for a year and was coming off a loss to Michalczewski when he fought Roy Jones who KO'd him with a bodyshot.

Montell Griffin
              Michalczewski TKO 4
              Jones loss by DQ 9, win by KO1

Notes: Griffin was undefeated at the time he fought Jones and coming off two (controversial) wins over James Toney. Griffin was a top contender when he fought Michalzewski but he had recently lost a split decision to Eric Harding.

Richard Hall
              Jones TKO 11 (referee stoppage)
              Michalczewski TKO 11 (stopped due to swelling), TKO 10 (referee stoppage)

Notes: Jones dominated the interim WBA LHW champion Richard Hall from start to finish. Hall was coming off a loss to Jones when he fought Michalczewski but he put up a good effort and lost somewhat controversially two times.

Derrick Harmon
              Roy Jones TKO 11 (corner stoppage)
              Dariusz Michalczewski KO 9

Notes: Harmon had recently lost a split decision when he fought Roy Jones, nevertheless he had piled up a good record. After losing to Jones he went onto beat Glen Johnson and Tim Littles and lose a decision to Montell Griffin, then fought Michalczewski and was KO'd in the 9th round.

JC Gonzales
              Roy Jones UD 12
              Darius Michalczewski loss by SD

Notes: Gonzales was undefeated including a win over an undefeated Julian Letterlough when he fought Jones. Jones dominated him for 12 rounds but failed to finish him. Years later, coming off a majority decision win over Glen Johnson, he beat 48-0 Michalczewski by a split decision.
              Thanks for adding those thoughts to the thread. I wonder how you remember all those details. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. You must think boxing 24/7. Are you Per Åke Persson in real life?

How would you rate them?

Comment

Im sure he got a little help with some research...

Comment

There's really only two notable opponents that DM beat, Hill and Griffin. Outside of that, I haven't even heard of most of those guys, maybe just because I'm American though.

Comment

It's a shame Michalczewski pinned himself in Germany. Roy was never gonna fight him there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                      It's a shame Michalczewski pinned himself in Germany. Roy was never gonna fight him there.
                      Is there a real credible explanation as to why they never fought each other?

Comment

Working...
                      X