Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Margarito used the plaster disaster against Cott

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing interesting in these pictures. One odd point that occurs to me is the re-wrapping that supposedly occurred under Nazim Richardson's supervision. Three times? They had to redo it three times? Were they sneaking the "something-a-little-hard-like-a-plaster-pad" (whatever that is) back into the wraps more than once?

Comment

Originally posted by .Rogelio. View Post
      You guys have all seen the pictures you posted in your original posts hundreds of times and not one time has anyone ever mentioned anything about them being fishy and now all of a sudden you can see it?

I hope this clears this up a little bit.
      i love how people automatically turn into state athletic officials after viewing a couple pics of hand wraps. warp, youre a good poster, but this thread is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoooter View Post
        There's nothing interesting in these pictures. One odd point that occurs to me is the re-wrapping that supposedly occurred under Nazim Richardson's supervision. Three times? They had to redo it three times? Were they sneaking the "something-a-little-hard-like-a-plaster-pad" (whatever that is) back into the wraps more than once?
        that's the fuken first thing that crossed my mind and what makes me think that nazim was just being a ***** about something little and blew it up. Why is there a need to re-wrap 3 times when you are right there watching it every time?

Comment

Originally posted by el guason456 View Post
          i love how people automatically turn into state athletic officials after viewing a couple pics of hand wraps. warp, youre a good poster, but this thread is laughable.
          he's at least going about it in an honest way and stating his opinion. That's why he's here. We're all here to learn and debate and hopefully with the pictures and posts i provided he can see there is nothing wrong with the wraps in the pictures he posted.

Comment

That's possible. In the two big wrapping controversies of the last decade, this one and Hopkins/Trinidad, Nazim Richardson has been the common denominator.

Comment

no you are crazy because now six months later you can see somthing wrong with them these pics have been on the internet for months and oh now i see it come on man you're only 16 so I know you haven't seen too many wraps but those wraps are NORMAL!!!!!!!!

fyi Nevada athletic commission and a member of the opponents team observe and SIGN OFF on the wrappings of the opponents hands before they enter the ring. You are reaching with your claims.
              There is obviously going to be bumps and a little bigger where the knuckles are, the pictures that you posted show that, but Margarito's are huge. They aren't just a little bigger, they are huge.

Also you can't say for certain the Nevada commission checked that closely. The California guy "checked" and it took for Nazim Richardson to discover it. **** they might have even knew about it and not even cared. They reduced the padding of the gloves for this fight to 8 oz's, so why not let him have some more "padding"

No one pays that close attention to things after they are pointed out.

Comment

he's at least going about it in an honest way and stating his opinion. That's why he's here. We're all here to learn and debate and hopefully with the pictures and posts i provided he can see there is nothing wrong with the wraps in the pictures he posted.
                i know and i understand, its just irritating when people just jump to conclusions when theyre not supposed to

Comment

that's the fuken first thing that crossed my mind and what makes me think that nazim was just being a ***** about something little and blew it up. Why is there a need to re-wrap 3 times when you are right there watching it every time?
                  Yeah it sure is being a ***** when a plaster like object was found in the hand wraps after the first wrapping. They did it just to be careful so they could be ready to go. They didn't want to make a mistake and get ****ed over. He was doing his job.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    There is obviously going to be bumps and a little bigger where the knuckles are, the pictures that you posted show that, but Margarito's are huge. They aren't just a little bigger, they are huge.

Also you can't say for certain the Nevada commission checked that closely. The California guy "checked" and it took for Nazim Richardson to discover it. **** they might have even knew about it and not even cared. They reduced the padding of the gloves for this fight to 8 oz's, so why not let him have some more "padding"

No one pays that close attention to things after they are pointed out.
                    so now the nevada athletic commission didn't check closely and just signed the wrapping with thier job on the line none of your arguments are really based on facts just your opinions so no big deal, but you are really reaching. Nevada commission is one of the most toughest commission in sport, and they talk their job serious. They don't fuk around in nevada when it comes to sports and officials. Any slight mistake would be A HUGE DEAL and any sign of foul play from a nevada official is nothing less then JAIL TIME! In nevada, you don't mess with sports, that's a federal crime!!

those wraps are normal and THEY LOOK NORMAL. you saying they don't look normal and are huge just shows you haven't seen many wraps. Plus take a look at some dlh vs manny press pics. Look at the angles you would think they are the same size but reality is they are not!

Comment

if you morons actually took the time to read the articles, Nazim was NOT there for the wrapping of Margarito's left hand, which prompted this whole thing. The rules state that a trainer has the option to be present during the wrapping of the hands, Nazim came to be a witness and Margarito's left handalready was wrapped. Nazim had the right to ask that he re-wrap the hand so that he can be present (any good trainer that wants to protect their fighter would do this). During the re-wrap that's when he noticed the substance, "a little square block of old wet gauze packed real tight came out. It was like it had plaster on it."
                      Here's what happened. The controversy began when Richardson was in Margarito's dressing room to witness the wrapping of his hands as allowed by CSAC rules. One hand already had been wrapped and approved by the CSAC before Richardson's arrival.

In the process of wrapping the other hand, Richardson questioned the amount of tape going directly on Margarito's skin, and asked for a rewrapping. During the rewrapping, it got to a point where a cushion was placed across Margarito's knuckles. But when Richardson asked if he could "feel" the cushion that's when the Margarito camp began to protest.

Margarito's co-manager Francisco Espinoza was the most defiant telling Richardson, "I expected this from you," to which Richardson said: "You should expect me to do my job."

Over protests from the Margarito camp, Richardson was allowed to feel the cushion. "It was brick hard," said Richardson, who told the Lohuis to feel it himself. Once Lohuis felt the cushion he ordered that it be "opened up," Richardson said.

"When he opened it up, a little square block of old wet gauze packed real tight came out," Richardson said. "It was like it had plaster on it. I think it had an old dried up blood stain on it."

Richardson asked Margarito's previously wrapped hand be inspected as well, and another hard block of gauze was found in that wrapping. According to witnesses, a doctor for the Mosley camp inspected the two blocks of hardened gauze and said, "This is what we use in the hospital to make casts."

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/willi..._calls_do.html

Comment

Working...
                      X