Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYweather vs PACquaio: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when has Floyd become a KO artist? I see all these predictions of Floyd by KO. He tko's Hatton, and all of a sudden he's the second coming of Tyson according to some of his diehard fans.

This would be a very good fight, given thier contrasting styles. Floyd would most likely be on the defense for the majority of the fight, while counter punching and potshotting. I dont see him being the aggresor at all. Now that's not to say that Floyd cant win, because he most certaintly can, but to say things like "this will be like Floyd/Gatti", is a bit rediculous.

If Floyd wins, it will most likely be via decision. I dont see him KO'ing Pac.

Comment

I picked Mayweather at 147. If the fight is made at 140 I wouldn't be so sure how Mayweather would do since the 2yr lay off, plus if his reflexes are there or his speed. The weight would also be a huge factor..

Comment

Manny ****s him up really good. no doubt in my mind. ok maybe just a little. wait....nah, i think manny will bust up moany mayweather. no hate.

Comment

Bob Arnum or Golden Boy, whoever Pacquiao tied to, has to make a very lucrative offer to Mayweather if he wants to get him in the ring.

Of course Mayweather's interested in money. "Smart Business" is what he refers to it. Why would Mayweather come out of retirement and risk his undefeated record for peanuts?

On the flipside, this fight wil sell. This would be "The Real Dream Match"
          Mayweather/Pacquiao is on the tip of everyone's tounge right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
            Do you think the way Floyd has fought since stepping up to 147 he is favored by more than 60%?
            Add that to his age and by the time the fight would take place, that's about 2 years of inactivity. I would still favor him, but the weight would have to be at 147 and I wouldn't favor him more than 60%, if that, to be honest.

Mentally is he not there; which is why he retired. Physically; I'm not sure. He isn't exactly a healthy person with his hands and back...which was the other part of his reason for retirement; and has some saying that's why he punches less.

Bad Back: agility with upper body movement
            Bad Hands: fewer punches thrown
            Increased weight: possible decreased stamina
            Inactivity: kills

Floyd waits until about the 5th or 6th round to start fighting...that's what a 36+ year old Hopkins started to do to. Floyd used to start from round 1.

Floyd pot shots and uses the lead right hand more, instead of the jab: that's what Roy started to do late in his career at LH.
            Floyd, like Roy, also becomes stationary more, is up against the ropes more...how is that good?

Bring back Floyd Sr. to kick his ass in gear; get him to fight like he did back in the day, like his Chico fight...you got yourself a heavy favorite.
            I'm not sure why Roger has let him become like this...but maybe there is a reason to it all. Maybe he has to fight like that now...I don't know.

But, the Man is retired.
            floyd fighting the way he's been fighting since moving up and stil dominating the way he has, shows me that more than 60% will pick floyd beating pacman. he knocked out ricky hatton with the style of fighting he's doing now, and this is a floyd who was on a dancing show and a bet show at the same time. hatton trained fully, and couldn't handle floyd. easy win for floyd, let's see pacman face hatton and them make judgements really, but pacman will get crushed by floyd, bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
              Since when has Floyd become a KO artist? I see all these predictions of Floyd by KO. He tko's Hatton, and all of a sudden he's the second coming of Tyson according to some of his diehard fans.

This would be a very good fight, given thier contrasting styles. Floyd would most likely be on the defense for the majority of the fight, while counter punching and potshotting. I dont see him being the aggresor at all. Now that's not to say that Floyd cant win, because he most certaintly can, but to say things like "this will be like Floyd/Gatti", is a bit rediculous.

he punishes his opponents to quit. i mean, he can land punches that his opponents can't see, he's an extremely accurate puncher. floyd is a defensive fighter, but he goes from defense to offense and uses his opponent's offense against them very well and and has always done this. pacman will leave so many openings for floyd to take advantage of, floyd wouldn't. floyd is the much smarter fighter, faster overall, and much more accurate. you tell me how he's won rounds against fighter who damn near tripled his punch output. i'll tell you. he lands the more effective shots, and the cleaner shots that judges can't ignore. his uses his blocking so well, and his timing is methodical on defense and offense, this is why he's a 15 round fighter, because he knows what to train for and his natural gifts are just toned for the fight, and knows his flexibility, and i don't know how many times i've argued this, but floyd mayweather is the most methodical fighter in boxing, period.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post

According to you he is

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
                  Bob Arnum or Golden Boy, whoever Pacquiao tied to, has to make a very lucrative offer to Mayweather if he wants to get him in the ring.

Of course Mayweather's interested in money. "Smart Business" is what he refers to it. Why would Mayweather come out of retirement and risk his undefeated record for peanuts?

On the flipside, this fight wil sell. This would be "The Real Dream Match"
                  Mayweather/Pacquiao is on the tip of everyone's tounge right now.
                  yeah that's the only obstacle... floyd's greed. both deserve 50/50 split

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                    MAYWEATHER
                    Floyd Mayweather: is the definition of an around Boxer, Most Experts would say Mayweather is Probably The Most Complete Fighter of his generation.In addition he is also recognize as the most superior technical fighter of all time
                    • "My goal is to be one of the best fighters who ever lived," he said. "My career and legacy are very important to me and I feel I am already ranked among the best there ever where in the sport."

Emanuel Steward, said Mayweather has a feel for the defensive game that few fighters have ever had.
                    • "He doesn't use a lot of slipping and sliding," Steward said. "He uses the one basic move, with that shoulder roll, but he's so good at it, and it comes so naturally to him, that he seems like he has fun trying to make a guy miss from right in front of him."

I was pretty amazed by what I saw when he fought Oscar. Oscar's a veteran of all these super fights and won the gold medal and had a world title so early in his career, but at the beginning of the fight, he was so nervous like he was a kid.
                    • "Mayweather gave him that shoulder roll and Oscar threw maybe 100 punches and he didn't land."

• "All you can do is face the guys who are in your era and he's faced them all and so far, he's beaten them all," Steward said. "You can't dog him for not beating Tommy or not beating Ray (Leonard), because those guys are gone. The thing about Mayweather is, he's answered every challenge he's ever been given. That's all you can ask of a guy."

Kevin Garside of the London Telegraph wrote about Mayweather after the Hatton fight:the truth was inescapable,
                    • "Mayweather is a genius of the ring, a gladiator in tap shoes."

Kery DavisHBO executive said about Mayweather:
                    • "Floyd wasn’t The Greatest of all time ,But He is the greatest of this Era."

Bernard Hopkins said about Mayweather.
                    • "Floyd is the best fighter in the world of this era and he showed that round after round."

When Asked:
                    • "Who is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, Hopkins or Mayweather?"

In a conversation with the Grand Rapids Press, Hopkins left no doubt as to which of them is the better fighter of their time.
                    • "The best fighter of our era -- my era -- is Pretty Boy Floyd," Hopkins said. "There's no doubt."

Sugar Ray Leonard, one of the best fighters to ever step foot in a boxing ring, Said about Mayweather
                    • "Mayweather is the best of his time".
                    • "He's an amazing fighter,"
                    • "Very economical. It's all about the eyes. He's one of the few fighters I've ever seen, like Muhammad Ali, he watches every move his opponent makes, and capitalizes on those mistakes. That's a gift. You can't teach that. Floyd's number one this era. He's proved that, against Oscar, now against Ricky Hatton. He's fought the best fighters of his era, so that puts him up there. There's a few more fights left in Floyd, and bigger and better things to come."

Eric Brown (Pacquaio Assistant Trainner) said that Floyd Jr. being a gifted pugilist would “be the only man that would present Manny with a serious challenge and it would be a difficult fight for Pac” in light of “Mayweather’s brilliance in speed, intelligence, and defense.”

If you think a guy who uses his legs when he boxes, like Ray Leonard and Muhammad Ali, is a runner, then Mayweather is a sprinter.But fighters only resort to fighting flat-footed because they have no choice. Mayweather has plenty of options, but he's smart and chooses to hit and not be hit. He's a guy who weighed 148 pounds when he walked into the ring to face De La Hoya . De La Hoya weighed nearly 170.
                    Mayweather , has never had the challenger who could bring out the best in him like Thomas Hearns did for Leonard or like Leonard did for Roberto Duran.Mayweather is the most physically gifted fighter of his era and had no one in his weight classes who was truly close.
                    After reading this, it's clear that a majority of people in boxing praises Mayweather. Yes, he's good but I do have reservations about him being the best there is at this moment in time. I believe that it isn't what you've done in your past but what you can do today that will matter in this sport.

A fight with the Pacman will be the ultimate test for Mayweather. If he can defeat an incredibly focused, powerful, ferocious, fast and not to mention dedicated boxer like the Pacman, then Mayweather will undoubtedly be the best in the world. But as I see and believe at this moment, the Pacman is an incredible athlete that will not go away easily in the combat of boxing. I can almost envision him defeating Mayweather in a manner that will shock the boxing world. The "Pride of the Philippines" is dominating and totally awesome at this time. JAT

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                      he punishes his opponents to quit. i mean, he can land punches that his opponents can't see, he's an extremely accurate puncher. floyd is a defensive fighter, but he goes from defense to offense and uses his opponent's offense against them very well and and has always done this. pacman will leave so many openings for floyd to take advantage of, floyd wouldn't. floyd is the much smarter fighter, faster overall, and much more accurate. you tell me how he's won rounds against fighter who damn near tripled his punch output. i'll tell you. he lands the more effective shots, and the cleaner shots that judges can't ignore. his uses his blocking so well, and his timing is methodical on defense and offense, this is why he's a 15 round fighter, because he knows what to train for and his natural gifts are just toned for the fight, and knows his flexibility, and i don't know how many times i've argued this, but floyd mayweather is the most methodical fighter in boxing, period.

God damn boy! Does he pay you to write **** like this? Yes, he has excellent skills, but u just made him sound like a boxer that god himself created, and lowered him down from heaven.

Comment

Working...
                      X