Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYweather vs PACquaio: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Because he is already in his 30's, hasn't fought at 140 since '05, Roger I think already said that Floyd can't go back down to 140 anymore (or at least doesn't want to diet down to make the weight), along with inactivity. It's much easier to just take a piss to lose 1-2 pounds for a weigh-in instead of trying to lose
    9(like most do), so why bother?
    Fighting at WW allows the fighter to concentrate only on the fight instead of trying to fight the scales as well.
    History doesn't favor the move back down. Go ask Freddie.

Why not just make the fight at 147 where both have already fought and won, and you have two healthy fighters (as long as Floyd can still make that weight as well).
    Pac has no excuse not to fight at 147 since he "destroyed" Oscar there (like many of his die-hard fans have said).
    Not so hard.

The only reason anybody would want to see it at 140 would be to "take something way from Floyd" as Freddie Roach said. What type of person wants this type of win?
    I actually don't think Pac would care what weight it is at. Freddie would though.

When did I say that?

I said Floyd is a legit WW while the rest of the fighters who cannot make 147 by fight time are not true WW.
    If the fighters had to be at 147 by fight-time, how many at WW could make it?
    I think Floyd could as long as the numbers are correct that he comes in by fight-time around 149 when he fights at WW.
    Unless he is packing on 9 pounds and that is a different story but I never heard that.

Oh, and in one of the interviews, Freddie Roach said weight really doesn't matter to determine who wins, yet at the same time, he would want Floyd to drop down in weight.....for what reason? Go back to the interview.

So Cotto, Margarito,Mosley, Clottey arent true welterweights?

Comment

• Originally posted by strugler View Post
      So Cotto, Margarito,Mosley, Clottey arent true welterweights?
      It all depends on how you view it:

If you go by who could make the weight by fight-time, no, I doubt some, if not all, listed above could make 147. What is WW? 147 pounds, right?

By what we allow it to be, yes, they are all WW. We "allow" fighters to drain themselves for the weigh-in and then rehydrate their body for fight-time thus being able to put back on weight which can get as high as 10,15, maybe even20 pounds in some cases.

Remember Gatti vs. Gamache? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing that avoided.

Comment

• There is nothing to say about this fight other than the fact that it will be a great fight...

I wish i could make a prediction but both fighters have proven to be the best to say one fighter will beat the other is unfair.

The only way to settle this is to see the fight or make it happen.

Comment

• this fight ain't happening... arum won't do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
            Floyd has had 4 fights @ WW
            Floyd has had 3 fights @ Jr WW

Right now floyd is retired and we dont know what weight he is coming back to since he has been in 5 weight classes..

and right now Manny Pacquaio last fight was at ww and he is now fighting at Jr ww...

This is present day.

so what is your argument..
            sin where are you at

Comment

It all depends on how you view it:

If you go by who could make the weight by fight-time, no, I doubt some, if not all, listed above could make 147. What is WW? 147 pounds, right?

By what we allow it to be, yes, they are all WW. We "allow" fighters to drain themselves for the weigh-in and then rehydrate their body for fight-time thus being able to put back on weight which can get as high as 10,15, maybe even20 pounds in some cases.

Remember Gatti vs. Gamache? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing that avoided.
              Theres a limit how much weight you can rehydrate right? Youre just being too paranoid floyd fighting pac at 140.

Comment

Theres a limit how much weight you can rehydrate right? Youre just being too paranoid floyd fighting pac at 140.
                No limit on how much you can rehydrate but I did once suggest there should be when we had a similar discussion on this board before about weight.

The obvious weight to have this fight is at 147 and there would be no reason to have this at 140 unless you want an unfair advantage in Pac's favor which goes with what Freddie said he wanted.

History and Freddie are on my side on why Floyd wouldn't be as good at 140 (as he would at 147) by the time the fight happens.

Tell me why 140 makes more sense than a fight at 147 given everything I noted.

Comment

No limit on how much you can rehydrate but I did once suggest there should be when we had a similar discussion on this board before about weight.

The obvious weight to have this fight is at 147 and there would be no reason to have this at 140 unless you want an unfair advantage in Pac's favor which goes with what Freddie said he wanted.

History and Freddie are on my side on why Floyd wouldn't be as good at 140 (as he would at 147) by the time the fight happens.

Tell me why 140 makes more sense than a fight at 147 given everything I noted.
                  1.Pbf fought heavier fighters before(Oscar at 154 limit a day before fight night).Why the sudden change.
                  2.You do believe size doesnt win boxing match skill does.
                  3.Pac isnt a legit welterweight just as floyd, 140 makes more sense than 147
                  4.We know who the true Universally accepted Lineal Welterweight champion is and it aint floyd.

Comment

We know who the true Universally accepted Lineal Welterweight champion is and it aint floyd.
                    If it aint floyd who is it?
                    Please share this information.

No Opinions, Just Facts

I want cold hard facts.

FACTUALLY SPEAKING:
                    Please tell us who was the last Lineal Welterweight Champion was?
                    and who was the last undisputed welterweight champion was?

"You can make up your own truths, but you cant make up your own facts"

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
                      If it aint floyd who is it?
                      Please share this information.

No Opinions, Just Facts

I want cold hard facts.

FACTUALLY SPEAKING:
                      Please tell us who was the last Lineal Welterweight Champion was?
                      and who was the last undisputed welterweight champion was?

"You can make up your own truths, but you cant make up your own facts"
                      Now, it aint floyd since he retired. Between Shane and Cotto, am leaning towards shane.

Comment

Working...
                      X