Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right for a champion to act like Calzaghe did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
    and joe wanted these fights? when those 2 were in their primes?

frank warren is laughing at you.
    roy himself said that this was true he said he did not see the point in fighting calzaghe as there were bigger names for him to fight over here in america

Comment

I didn't like it either.

Being ruthless and unloading on a guy...fine, that's what boxing is all about. But that kinda of taunting isn't the way that I wanted to see Calzaghe act.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
        Boxing is not about being a nice guy, but I respect the fighters that are. I respect good people who have a heart and realize that people they are fighting have families too.
        And so was Calzaghe.. Fighting for his family and legacy. So why should he be a nice guy to Roy Jones? When you put 2 guys in a ring together and they lace up the gloves, they're supposed to fight, right?. So I don't see any reason why Calzaghe did the wrong thing when he beat Roy Jones up.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
          however its nothing to get upset over.
          I'm not upset about it. I'm just pointing out that I thought it was wrong.

I'm not trying to take away from the fact that I was wrong in my prediction, I was wrong. I actually made a thread congratulating Calzaghe and all his fans.

Calzaghe fought great, he is a heck of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            what did you want calzaghe to do? he has no power so he couldn't put him away. as for not fighting hopkins or jones earlier is that why frank warren said calzaghe made him fight hopeless mismatches his entire career even when warren wanted big fights?
            Really? Then how come Warren setup a fight for Calzaghe to fight Hopkins before Hopkins decided to pull out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
              not right but roy has done his own antics in the ring so......

who cares?

roy lost , joe won.

doesn't matter.

everyone knows who the greater fighter between the two is , who the better skilled fighter is , which fighter has the better resume......

and it wasn't the guy who won tonight.
              Wow..I read that and thought you were talkin about the night of July 26th 2008!..haha!

Comment

What about when Roy Jones did the same thing to a blown up Trinidad?

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                  What about when Roy Jones did the same thing to a blown up Trinidad?
                  but look at my sig

this was sick!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
                    Roy even said, theres some guys he let off he hook because he didn't want to hurt them.

After he took Griffin out in 1, he said he felt bad he embarrassed like he did...

The point is, when your an elite fighter, and you take out a legendary former elite fighter...you should do it in a respectful manner.

Screw that. This is the fight game. Roy Jones lived and breathed cockiness all over the ring.

What goes around, comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                      And so was Calzaghe.. Fighting for his family and legacy. So why should he be a nice guy to Roy Jones? When you put 2 guys in a ring together with gloves, they're supposed to fight, right?. So I don't see any reason why Calzaghe did the wrong thing when he beat Roy Jones up.
                      I'm not saying take it easy on him. They are suppose to fight. Your moving aways from the point.

Calzaghe did what he was suppose to do. But when your essentially ending the career of a former great, you don't have to look them right in the eyes and laugh at them while blood streams down their face. Thats all I'm saying...

Comment

Working...
                      X