Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right for a champion to act like Calzaghe did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
    Smiling in a sick sadistic way as he pounds a former boxing great who is a shell of a his former self. I could maybe understand if Roy was a mean guy, but being that hes not...I don't see why someone with class would do that.

This is different than the clowing Roy does, first of all Roy does it in a light hearted way. Even against Tito, you could tell it was just for show and they were smiling about it. Secondly he hasn't done it against a fighter on the way down, while he was still elite...

To me it was classless. **** even Lampley said, alright Joe you've proved your point.
    I don't know how bad it was. But Roy does the same **** you talking about. He used to tatto boxers have them ready to be ko'd then he steps off the gas and starts clowning and playing, don't know if Calzaghe can do much worse. Could be Roy just got a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

Yeh like Roy never did this to everyone of his opponents when he was on top.

Roy got Out-Royed tonight. Beat comprehensively in every way at his own game. Just accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ The Truth View Post
        I'm not saying take it easy on him. They are suppose to fight. Your moving aways from the point.

Calzaghe did what he was suppose to do. But when your essentially ending the career of a former great, you don't have to look them right in the eyes and laugh at them while blood streams down their face. Thats all I'm saying...
        I would do it.

I don't really see anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
          roy himself said that this was true he said he did not see the point in fighting calzaghe as there were bigger names for him to fight over here in america
          i'm not gonna blame joe but seriously look at joe's promoter.

frank warren is a clingy mother who protects his golden eggs.

joe is not the first great fighter frank had that he overprotected you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I didn't like it either.

Being ruthless and unloading on a guy...fine, that's what boxing is all about. But that kinda of taunting isn't the way that I wanted to see Calzaghe act.
            thats basically all i was trying to say.

i give joe alot of credit for the fight, he did great. Congrats to all his fans, I was dead wrong in my prediction.

Comment

What a total joke of a thread. Some ppl just cannot give credit where it is due. Yes Roy was clearly a shell tonight but Calzaghe is clearly a spectacular fighter, try and see this and stop hating constantly you pack of morons.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                I would do it.

I don't really see anything wrong with that.
                ok then. everyones different, its all good.

Comment

He wanted to beat roy at his own game he went a bit overboard but... hey, what can u do?

Comment

Yeah guys, it's only boxing.

Seriously, if it would've been any other opponet that Joe did that to tonight I wouldn't have even noticed it. But it wasn't just any other guy, it was a legend who was on his way out.

And boxers have been doing it the respectful way long before Joe Calzaghe was even born. There's a certain amount of respect you should show an aged legend when you've got them in trouble.

There are numerous examples of this ranging from how Rocky Marciano handled the fight with Joe Louis, to how Larry Holmes handled the fight with Ali.

You do it in a respectful manner, it's an unwritten law.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
                      He wanted to beat roy at his own game he went a bit overboard but... hey, what can u do?
                      At the end of the day, Calzaghe won.

Comment

Working...
                      X