No announcement yet.

Mijares HAS to be the most overrated fighter I've ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
    This was the third time I saw him fight tonight. I don't understand how you get on pound for pound lists beating Jorge Arce, but whatever. I've seen Vic fight on Showtime about 5 times and he's not a good fighter. Not at all. He only throws one punch, so if you have any boxing ability whatsoever, you can counter him all night. How the hell does a guy billed as a "master boxer" lose to Vic Darchinyan?

No disrespect to Vic fans cuz your boy earned it. I'm calling Mijares out as the most overrated fighter I've seen since following boxing.
    Whatever Brizpac...

Comment

Mijares is a bum

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
        i dunno though Vic just ran through him. Mijares fought the wrong fight, (with the glove pounding, slugging it out) I mean he got dropped in the very first round and Vic made him pay when they standed and traded shots

**that's another big Pound For Pounder/upset to lose this year.

First Cotto, then Pavlik, then Mijares. Who's next to get bounced?
        none of whom were ever great fighters to begin with, just had big wins at the right time

Comment

it's well documented I've been saying for months and months that the current pound for pound in boxing is horrendous and that this group of guys (Pavlik, Cotto, Margarito, Mijares, etc) is a joke to have among the 10 best in a sport.

Comment

none of whom were ever great fighters to begin with, just had big wins at the right time
            Mijares slaps like a Girl.. They say Mijares is slick but he gets hit a lot.. Mijares is an overhyped Mexican bum

Comment

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
              every keeps saying styles make fights

how about the fact mijares is way taller with a longer reach and supposedly one of the best jabs in the game. isnt that supposed to make darchinyan stylistically perfect for him? before the fight i picked mijares by wide UD.. i guess nobody predicted that mijares was going to move into all of darchinyans upper cuts and not fight tall the way donaire did.

watching mijares fight munoz navarro and arce i thought this guy was PERFECT. so yes, he was overrated. he got pretty roughed up in this fight and wasnt really countering the wide shots of darchinyan that he could have. instead, he was sitting back and trying to catch all of his punches which were most partially landing but to great effect. he for some reason did not thrwo his jab until the 6th round. he was making faces all throughout the first thinking it was going to be an easy fight. i think hed do much better in a rematch for some reason but im not going to predict a win for him either.
              exactly. you don't go into a fight with every single advantage other than power and end up losing to a guy as one-dimensional as Vic Darchinyan

Comment

and notice how most of the people getting mad at me for calling fighters overrated are Pavlik, Cotto, Margarito or Mijares fans?

Comment

Well your lover **** gayweather *****-retired instead of fighting top guys brizpac.

At least the names you mentioned had THE BALLS TO FIGHT THE BEST and top guys.

You really love cowards do you??

Comment

so Darchinyan is suddenly a great fighter now? he's a simple, limited fighter with power and chin. AKA Margarito AKA Pavlik. No clue how to actually box, just looking for a lucky punch

Comment

it's well documented I've been saying for months and months that the current pound for pound in boxing is horrendous and that this group of guys (Pavlik, Cotto, Margarito, Mijares, etc) is a joke to have among the 10 best in a sport.
                      This is how you know boxing is in the doldrums. The pool of great fighters have dwindled through the years, I wonder how much more before the #1 P4P ranked is Julio Cesar Chavez JR

Comment

Working...
                      X