No announcement yet.

Mexico, 22 vs Puerto Rico, 41 - Lets name the Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contenders View Post
    Sánchez-Gómez was definitely the biggest fight ever in Mexico-Puerto Rico history.

Do Puerto Ricans really view Trinidad's win over Oscar as revenge for the Gómez-Sánchez fight??? That just doesn't make much sense.

Are you serious about Camacho boxing Chávez's ears off if they would've fought in the 80s??? That seems far-fetched. I think Chávez beats Camacho 7 days a week and twice on Sundays...Camacho just doesn't seem like he ever would've been able to beat Chávez no matter when they fought.

No matter what though, the Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry is the greatest in boxing! No one can argue that there's been a lot of not-very-talented hand-picked fighters from the opposing country put in to face some of each nation's best, but when it comes to the big-time fights, it's been a very even and fun to watch rivalry!
    everybody knows that camacho wasn't the brilliant in the 90's.macho was at his best in the 80's.i don't remeber where i read it but people have said that chavez's camp wanted to no part of him in the 80's.

Comment

mexican americandont count some of them cant even speak spanish
      or never been to mexico like vargas
      why should they represent the country

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
        says a pac fan because pac has never unified a division always leaves a divison full of competition.
        What does this have to do with Pacman? There are a lot of pinoy Champs (30 fighters) who held the corrupt belts. How about your post taking out WBO? It has nothing to do with WBO being Puerto Rican based and WBC being Mexican based?

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          What does this have to do with Pacman? There are a lot of pinoy Champs (30 fighters) who held the corrupt belts. How about your post taking out WBO? It has nothing to do with WBO being Puerto Rican based and WBC being Mexican based?
          yep.pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by toluco View Post
            mexican americandont count some of them cant even speak spanish
            or never been to mexico like vargas
            why should they represent the country
            just about every "mexican" that posts here is mexican american.and all they do is nuthug "mexican" wether they're born in america or not.
            they count.

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHA O`MEGA View Post
              just about every "mexican" that posts here is mexican american.mexican american fighters count.they count.
              were talking mexico vs puerto rico
              not boxing scene mexican posters vs pr posters
              in mexico dlh is unknown and not recognized as mexican same as vargas they dont count, or what were gonna start counting juan diaz win over cotto?
              tito vs vargas wasnt even available here
              it might have been a "Big event" for the pochos and ricans in the us

Comment

everybody knows that camacho wasn't the brilliant in the 90's.macho was at his best in the 80's.i don't remeber where i read it but people have said that chavez's camp wanted to no part of him in the 80's.
                Maybe you're right, never heard that one before though. Either way, it's a great rivalry! One of my best homies at the gym growing up was Puerto Rican (one of very few around here) and we always had fun going back-and-forth about which was better!

Comment

Originally posted by Contenders View Post
                  Maybe you're right, never heard that one before though. Either way, it's a great rivalry! One of my best homies at the gym growing up was Puerto Rican (one of very few around here) and we always had fun going back-and-forth about which was better!
                  yeah man its cool.as long as it doesn't spill into silly things that have nothing to do with boxing everything is cool.i can't think of a better rival in boxing.

Comment

just about every "mexican" that posts here is mexican american.and all they do is nuthug "mexican" wether they're born in america or not.
                    they count.
                    any non-mexican can nuthug mexican boxers... does that make them mexican?

nope. mexican americans don't count, like margarito, vargas, diaz and dlh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      any non-mexican can nuthug mexican boxers... does that make them mexican?

nope. mexican americans don't count, like margarito, vargas, diaz and dlh.
                      I think Margs should count, he was raised in Mexico. Plus the dude can't even speak english. He also fights like a Mexican, not like the style Mexican-Americans usually fight with.

Comment

Working...
                      X