The Greatness of Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C.E.O. View Post
    It can be subjective...

Sure...he appeared great for while...but I personally see him as just a flash in the pan....and not as big as a Tyson flash.
    well certainly he can't be as popular as tyson.

but their careers ran a similar course.

if mike had retired after the douglas loss his career would look very similar to naseem's.

mike beat the same type of guys hamed beat. solid name fighters and good but not great champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      David Diaz has Morales' scalp. Does that mean that he has a better resume than Hamed?
      To me, NO, because I thought Terrible pulled it of and deserved his 4th division title.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Rizal View Post
        To me, NO, because I thought Terrible pulled it of and deserved his 4th division title.
        Ok, but you can see the similarities? In both cases the older guy scored a KD and quite a few people had him winning. IIRC HBO had Barrera winning. To me there is very little difference between the two wins, but I can understand your point if that's how you scored it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Ok, but you can see the similarities? In both cases the older guy scored a KD and quite a few people had him winning. IIRC HBO had Barrera winning. To me there is very little difference between the two wins, but I can understand your point if that's how you scored it.
          But I don't see Hamed beating on fighters of that kind of caliber old or not. That's my point. I'd still take those Old versions of MAB and EM over any of Hamed's victims.

Comment

problem with naseem a LOT of peeps OVER RATE him and probably a LARGER Number of peeps UNDER RATE him, he IS actually in between those...

not a BUM, not THAT GREAT, but still great !!
            (THE f_cker started the million $ paydays for FW)

Comment

But I don't see Hamed beating on fighters of that kind of caliber old or not. That's my point. I'd still take those Old versions of MAB and EM over any of Hamed's victims.
              good point ...

marco & erik showed that it still would take something special to take them off their feets, i dont see hamed being able to do that ...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                good point ...

marco & erik showed that it still would take something special to take them off their feets, i dont see hamed being able to do that ...
                Thanks. To make my point clearer, I believe 2007 MAB still takes that 27-yr.-old "washed up" Naseem.

Comment

Comment

Thanks. To make my point clearer, I believe 2007 MAB still takes that 27-yr.-old "washed up" Naseem.
                    as long as marco has good game plan that for sure he will have vs a naseem, he would take it easily ...

similar to their first fight or similar to mab-juarez 2

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                      as long as marco has good game plan that for sure he will have vs a naseem, he would take it easily ...

similar to their first fight or similar to mab-juarez 2
                      Yup... MAB's just too smart to be beaten by that awkward and open style. That won't work at the highest level where MAB has experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X