No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ottoevans View Post
    prince was more of a circus clown with power. He only beat bums or over the top fighters.

He fought like ameteur, and was exposed. The problem was that people thought he was better than what he was, but he was entertaining

Damn, that is ****ing ignorant. Any chance that by "over the top" fighters you meant "over the hill" fighters?

Comment

naseem hamed is a legend. his knockout power is unbelievable. he is included in the ring ****zine's top 100 punchers of all time. so, to say that he was a bum/ clown etc. is ******. he just needed to focus more.

he was also very exciting to watch.

Comment

i think nas was overrated and he ducked a lot of fights!!
        if nas fought better oppsition throughout his career he would
        have far more losses!!

Comment

Best Hamed Video is always:

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Damn, that is ****ing ignorant. Any chance that by "over the top" fighters you meant "over the hill" fighters?
            maybe he's calling vuyani a bum? you know the guy that made 13 title defenses of the IBF Junior Featherweight belt he won from Kennedy McKinney before moving up to challenge hamed.

maybe he's calling medina over the hill? you know the guy hamed beat 6 years before medina loss his ibf belt at featherweight. the same guy hamed beat 7 years before medina loss his wbo belt at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Öyster View Post
              i think nas was overrated and he ducked a lot of fights!!
              if nas fought better oppsition throughout his career he would
              have far more losses!!
              yes. hamed ducked everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                Best Hamed Video is always:

HATER!!! lmao

i should red k you like you red k me.

too bad i don't believe in red k......

Comment

Hey Tua can't agree with you on this one. While far from a bum, Hamed was also far from great. He had big power, an awkward style and that was it. Some good names on his record, but he failed big time on his biggest fight. Retred without proving he could come back from a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                    Hey Tua can't agree with you on this one. While far from a bum, Hamed was also far from great. He had big power, an awkward style and that was it. Some good names on his record, but he failed big time on his biggest fight. Retred without proving he could come back from a loss.
                    with me there's a big difference between all-time great and great.

there's a lot of fighters that are great but very few all-time great.

i think hamed is a great fighter BUT NOT AN ALL-TIME GREAT fighter.

i think we have different definitions. you know tua. tua is weird how he sees things sometimes.

let me ask you this do you consider tyson a great or all-time great? i see similarities in hamed's and tyson's careers. a lot of solid wins against solid champions but no win against a in prime great champion.

hamed flamed up and flamed out young like mike did. only difference is once hamed was no longer in top form he retired while mike continued on.

Comment

Greatness includes avenging losses. When a truly great fighter is dealt a humbling loss, he doesn't disappear from the fight scene like Hamed did. Hamed's own actions revealed his mental softness and he lost any chance of ever being considered Great.

Comment

Working...
                      X