No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Julio Cesar Chavez @ 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
    And many of you still can't get over it. People have died in the ring and with teh time left in the clock after the count(not the talk) Chavez would have ko'd Taylor with a few more shots. Call it what you will, but Taylors career didn't end after Chavez, but some of you newbies think it did.
    wasnt enough time for action to continue. FACT.

Comment

And many of you still can't get over it. People have died in the ring and with teh time left in the clock after the count(not the talk) Chavez would have ko'd Taylor with a few more shots. Call it what you will, but Taylors career didn't end after Chavez, but some of you newbies think it did.
      So you calling me a newbie then?
      Really, you got love for JCC. I get it. Do you WANT me to hate? Fine, Nancy here it goes.

I saw both fights with my own eye's, not on some ole "box rec" ****. Been watching boxing for going on 25 years now. Save that newbie **** for somebody else. I'm not the one.

Comment

Originally posted by lilmac View Post
        I probly would of too. but I wasnt born yet
        A lot of posters are in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
          how? Dont even dare point to the castillo fight, because i could easily use the pernell whitaker fight, a fight to which chavez never gave a rematch to.

Chavez didint like it when you moved, mayweather would be in and out, pot shotting to a fairly easy UD or a close SD, Mayweather and Whitaker share similar defensive traits, the only way Chavez would win is if he mounted a sufficient body attack on floyd, but mayweather would give chavez too many looks and he just didint have the style to figure out a guy like mayweather. It would be the same scene that took place at the alamo dome, Chavez would have a punchers chance and thats it.
          You can't even come close to comparing the styles of a slick jabbing southpaw mover to a stationary counter punching Floyd. That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

Floyd has no chance of doing what Pernell did. Camacho couldn't do it, and Camacho was really really ****ing good at boxing and moving.

What Pernell did that night was extraordinary. It was brilliant. It was a master class the likes of which had never been seen before.

Castillo, the warrior that he is, doesn't even come close to being as good as Chavez. He is not as durable as Chavez, doesn't hit as hard as Chavez, and he was not as skilled as Chavez.

Look what Castillo was able to do. Even if you scored the fight for Floyd, you have to admit, Castillo gave him hell. Now multiply that by a factor of 5 and you have what Chavez would do to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            You can't even come close to comparing the styles of a slick jabbing southpaw mover to a stationary counter punching Floyd. That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

Floyd has no chance of doing what Pernell did. Camacho couldn't do it, and Camacho was really really ****ing good at boxing and moving.

What Pernell did that night was extraordinary. It was brilliant. It was a master class the likes of which had never been seen before.

Castillo, the warrior that he is, doesn't even come close to being as good as Chavez. He is not as durable as Chavez, doesn't hit as hard as Chavez, and he was not as skilled as Chavez.

Look what Castillo was able to do. Even if you scored the fight for Floyd, you have to admit, Castillo gave him hell. Now multiply that by a factor of 5 and you have what Chavez would do to Floyd.

So we should just discount what happened in the rematch, you want me to throw out the idea that floyds outstanding boxing IQ would be too much for chavez to solve, and throw out the fact that floyd studies every opponent and knows exactly what they are going to do and when they are going to do it. Floyd struggled ONE TIME against castillo and he says he was injured, and bieleve it just based on the sheer fact that in the rematch, it was clear who the better fighter was.

The fact is, if you gave chavez different angles, and different looks, he didint know what to do, its not like chavez was some calculated ring technicion.

You want to sit here and tell me its logical compare Camacho to Mayweather based on speed alone, but tell me its absurd and illogical that i compared similarities between Whitaker and Mayweather, come on.

Floyd was at his best when he knew you were coming foward, and what do you think Chavez is going to do?
            Last edited by El Jesus; 07-19-2008, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Funny that you described exactly Camacho instead of Whitaker,

Comment

Tired of so many of your people saying, "oh, its because he's Mexican."

Mayweather had trouble with Mexican boxers and thats a fact as he had trouble with the Salvadorian in Hernandez. Floyd is just a Roy Jones Jr. in that he has hand picked his opponets, George said, "got to make the most money with the little risk as possable." Floyd did that for awhile.
                The only remotely close to "trouble with Hernandez" was a broken hand...

So... Mayweather did not have trouble with Mexican boxers, he had trouble with Castillo. ONCE.

Comment

The hate for Chavez never seems to stop.

Castillo is a lesser clone of Chavez. And its FACT! That after Floyd fought Castillo he stayed away from a real challenge for a long ass time! FACT!
                  The only FACT! is that after Floyd fought Castillo he gave him an immediate rematch. I wonder on what planet "immediate rematch of your toughest opponent" is called "staying away from a real challenge..."

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    Funny that you described exactly Camacho instead of Whitaker,
                    Just the fact he considers it absurd to compare whitaker to mayweather, but hes saying that Chavez walking down camacho is basically an acceptable comparison.

Speed alone isnt why i pick mayweather, its the fact that you dont really know what hes going to do. Its probably the biggest reason his opponents punch output gets so low when he fights, it would be the same with chavez.

People act like Castillo gave mayweather this vicious beating, it wasnt like that, he just looked vunerable. The second fight was a much better indicator, its ok to run to Castillo Mayweather I, but its not ok to compare Whitaker/Mayweather in that same sense. Of course the Whitaker nostalgia sets in, and those same people who likely hated whitaker for "running" want to sing his praises now.

Comment

[QUOTE=ferocity;3790518]Floyd would never fight Chavez so really its a dead argument.

But Chavez would wear down Floyd, smaller fighters then Chavez have been able to corner Floyd Chavez would do a better job. You mention Whitiker but Chavez wanted the rematch, Whitiker wanted an admitince by Chavez first wtf? And look at the Whitiker fight and you'll know its not as one sided as many think.

No, it was as one sided as people think and if you're trying to convince people that Chavez won or it was close, then that speaks for itself. Chavez didn't want a rematch because he got spanked the first time. You can't rewrite history.

Comment

Working...
                      X