No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Julio Cesar Chavez @ 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweet pea 50 View Post
    Not even Steele could save JCC in a fight with Mayweather.
    I think people forget how much of a beast Mayweather was at 135 and 140.

...LOLOLOL...Beast?!?!?...WTF?!?!?...Tyson = beast...Haggler = beast...Foreman = beast...but PBF a beast?...I just **** myself on that one...

Kabuki Joe

Comment

Originally posted by KabukiJoe View Post
      ...LOLOLOL...Beast?!?!?...WTF?!?!?...Tyson = beast...Haggler = beast...Foreman = beast...but PBF a beast?...I just **** myself on that one...

Kabuki Joe
      Go wipe your ****ing ****ty drawls then, cockphag.

And at least give the great HAGLER his due by spelling his name right.

Comment

PBF barely beat a past-it DLH - largely because Oscar gassed midway through - and he's going to beat a prime JCC? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by titoi View Post
          PBF barely beat a past-it DLH - largely because Oscar gassed midway through - and he's going to beat a prime JCC? I don't think so.
          At 154.
          At 140, Mayweather UD's JCC. Deal with it.

Comment

To all the Mayweather fan go and rewatch the 2nd Castillo fight. Its still a very close fight.

Mayweather is over rated, maybe it he would have stayed in boxing to show his true potential then i'd give him a chance to beat Chavez. But FACT is Mayweather had all he could handle when he fought Castillo, where Mayweather was in his prime and Chavez was NOT in his prime when he fought Whitiker and thats a FACt. Mayweather had trouble with fighters that came to him Chavez, Hernandez, Castillo, even Vargas gave him his first real test all fighters that come forward. So to say that Chavez is made for Mayweather is really funny.

Mayweathers down fall is that he is willing to trade with his opponst. And he is willing to stay in place and duck and dodge. You can't do that **** with Chavez and think you can win. Castillo showed in his fight with MAywather that he doesn't like it to the body. And thats one this Chavez is great at. At 135 Chavez was just as fast as Mayweather or could be. At 140 he was just at strong as Mayweather and had the chin of a steel. Mayweather would be in deep **** he'd be on his bicycle cause if he stops then he get runned over by Chavez.

Your hate for Chavez just because of what happened in the Taylor fight is disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
              To all the Mayweather fan go and rewatch the 2nd Castillo fight. Its still a very close fight.

Mayweather is over rated, maybe it he would have stayed in boxing to show his true potential then i'd give him a chance to beat Chavez. But FACT is Mayweather had all he could handle when he fought Castillo, where Mayweather was in his prime and Chavez was NOT in his prime when he fought Whitiker and thats a FACt. Mayweather had trouble with fighters that came to him Chavez, Hernandez, Castillo, even Vargas gave him his first real test all fighters that come forward. So to say that Chavez is made for Mayweather is really funny.

Mayweathers down fall is that he is willing to trade with his opponst. And he is willing to stay in place and duck and dodge. You can't do that **** with Chavez and think you can win. Castillo showed in his fight with MAywather that he doesn't like it to the body. And thats one this Chavez is great at. At 135 Chavez was just as fast as Mayweather or could be. At 140 he was just at strong as Mayweather and had the chin of a steel. Mayweather would be in deep **** he'd be on his bicycle cause if he stops then he get runned over by Chavez.

Your hate for Chavez just because of what happened in the Taylor fight is disgusting.
              Beyond the fact that *like everyone* he doesnt like to be hit in the body, He didnt show to be particularly susceptible to body shots. So I dont know what you mean by that.

But the quote of the year is the second one.

At 135 Chavez was just as fast as Mayweather or could be.

And you have the nerve to tell other people they are biased...

Comment

So prime 140 JCC comes in the ring weighing 160+?

Does he have a long, fast jab, a 3" inch size advantage?

What do JCC and Oscar have in common?

That's what I thought

Comment

And note, I dont have a problem with picking JC to win. He was a great fighter, and it took Pea's masterpiece to beat him decisively.

I have a problem with making up bull**** to back up your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    What do JCC and Oscar have in common?
                    Quality. But Chavez had more of it.

I agree about Pea requiring a "masterpiece" to beat him and it wasn't exactly a blowout. Also don't forget how late into JCC's career that happened.

Comment

Quality. But Chavez had more of it.

I agree about Pea requiring a "masterpiece" to beat him and it wasn't exactly a blowout. Also don't forget how late into JCC's career that happened.
                      Styles make fights, Chavez and De La Hoya are like night and day, he was asking what do they have stylistically in common that says that Chavez could excecute the same way de la hoya does, chavez is not 5'10, chavez didint fight at 154 for 6 years, chavez doesnt have a long reach and vicious jab is his point.

You bring up how late this happened in chavez career, so what? Whitaker was in the olympics in 84 in the amatuers, chavez was knocking out bums during this time as well, what difference does it make, it would have happened to chavez at any point in his career, Whitaker was, is, and always will be superior to chavez. Mayweather is one of the closest things to whitaker as far as boxing IQ and Defense go in this day and age, there is nothing there to me that says chavez wouldnt be figured out and outboxed.

Comment

Working...
                      X