No announcement yet.

Ricardo Torres: "I Got Careless and Kendall Holt Got Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monticello View Post
    Yea, Torres is a class act and is not making any excuses in this fight even though it was clear that the headbutt was the difference in this fight.
    Yep, the butt did it. That was a perfectly timed butt by Holt. Good butt Holt. lol

Comment

Originally posted by alfonso13702 View Post
      The fact is he was still stunned 10 minutes after the fight!!! He was to be rushed to UMC but he didn't wanna leave without his wife. I SAW HIM ......he was still shook. I'm not saying the right didn't finish him......I'm saying the butt had him more than half there.
      You are right, the butt did it lol. Good butt Holt, your headbuttmmade you champ. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
        Look at that! He was headbutted! Then went to the ropes, then his right hand got caught in the ropes, which could've prevented that right hand from landing.

Third fight is a must!
        Holt went to Miranda's school of headbutts. Holt's butt was perfect. You see, Holt was dodging punches, and coming with his own right. Both threw rights at the same time, but Holt was kneeling and coming up and purposely timed his butt when Torres threw his right. lol. Great on purpose butt. Oh, he threw a good right too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by boofdatruth View Post
          You are right, the butt did it lol. Good butt Holt, your headbuttmmade you champ. lol
          There you go..... see now you ain't an idiot no more....good job kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            It probably has a lot to do with Torres being unconscious and not remembering what happened to him. The headbutt was caught on tape and is indisputable.
            Yes, and the tape reveals that at the EXACT [I mean EXACT!] moment when Holt's head bobed to Torres' left, Torres' head jerked right and then he stumbled. What caused the set up for the right hand was another punch (a right hook) that jerked his head to the right while Holt was bobbing out. It is mechanically impossible or a headbutt [coming from Torres' right-to-left] to have made his head jerk right and set up that right hand. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by sonofisis View Post
              Yes, and the tape reveals that at the EXACT [I mean EXACT!] moment when Holt's head bobed to Torres' left, Torres' head jerked right and then he stumbled. What caused the set up for the right hand was another punch (a right hook) that jerked his head to the right while Holt was bobbing out. It is mechanically impossible or a headbutt [coming from Torres' right-to-left] to have made his head jerk right and set up that right hand. End of story.
              They wouldn't even be talking about a headbutt if that **** happened to Holt.

Comment

I don't think the butt had everything to do with the ko. I do believe it had something to do with him being knocked off balance and put into an awkward position to defend himself and he got caught before he could defend himself. Peoplke can't assume the butt dazed him or the butt somehow affected him because they didn't FEEL the butt. This happens in fights all the time and fighters aren't affected. Most of the time they point it out first, and then resume. Torres was under fire and trying to gain his balance and boom!
                Last edited by Boofdatruth; 07-07-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

http://www.viddler.com/explore/LostTapes/videos/11

Dude give up, you are wrong. The headbutt happened whether you like it or not and it was the causal factor. That right hook was not at the "EXACT" time as you mentioned. The head butt occurred, his head snapped back, he was wobbled and stummbled back and that set him up for the right. Watch the slomotion video... If you didnt see it there, then there is no point of arguing with you nor should you be allowed to argue about anything because you should be considered a ******.

Comment

Because there are none. He was swinging like a cave man, got hit with at least one body shot and a right hook that put him on the ropes, and then got KOed. His fault entirely.
                    I'm not blaming Holt for the headbutt, because Torres walked right inbto it, but if it wasn't for the headbutt, you can make an argument that Holt doesn't KO Torres with the right hand at the time he did.

Comment

Originally posted by boofdatruth View Post
                      I don't think the butt had anything to do with the ko. I do believe it had something to do with him being knocked off balance and put into an awkward position to defend himself and he got caught before he could defend himself. Peoplke can't assume the butt dazed him or the butt somehow affected him because they didn't FEEL the butt. This happens in fights all the time and fighters aren't affected. Most of the time they point it out first, and then resume. Torres was under fire and trying to gain his balance and boom!
                      Isn't this a contradiction?

The headbutt has nothing to do with the KO, yet the headbutt knocks him (Torres) off balance into a vulnerable position where he can be hit again without getting a chance to defend himself properly? Naturally another crushing punch is landed directly afterward and Torres is out cold. Therefore the headbutt, an illegal tactic (intentional or accidental), directly plays into the end result...the knockout.

That could be grounds for a NC. It was a fluky end to the fight and Holt obviously didn't do anything intentionally, but there should certainly be a third fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X