• Show
Clear All

Great article, much to think on.

Props to the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by hulme#1 View Post
      Great article, much to think on.

Props to the writer.
      until the little floyd boyz leave school then start discrediting the author. . .

Comment

Originally posted by toincito View Post
        Horus and Topdawg are gonna have a ***** fit when the read this.
        there is an article like this every year detailing the same **** drawing the same comparisons, until floyd loses, its always going to be like this because it always has been, the article is the same **** i been hearing since the gatti fight, im all for objectiveness when discussing the number 1 fighter in the world, but this article doesnt raise anything new at all, not even in the slightest.

i mean, just a month ago RICKY HATTON was drawing the exact same comparison! come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by toincito View Post
          until the little floyd boyz leave school then start discrediting the author. . .
          theres nothing to discedit here. the only truth spoken here was about the leonard/duran fight. sugar is no fortune teller. cotto and maweather have yet to fight. nobody knows how the fight will play out

Comment

This article equates to the saying "same toilet different ****". Everybody is always supposed to hurt PBF and then nothing happens. Wasn't De la Hoya and Hatton supposed to KO PBF with left hooks? All that was talked about was Hatton's muderous left hook to the body that didn't hurt ****. Cotto is no different he hasn't shown me one thing that makes him special. Thats not to say that Cotto isn't a good fighter but he isn't the one to give PBF his 1st loss. When PBF beats Cotto everybody will talk about how Cotto was never a threat just like do with everybody else PBF faces.

Why must a fighter lose to truly be respected the way he should be?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
              im all for objectiveness
              Objectivity, man!

i mean, just a month ago RICKY HATTON was drawing the exact same comparison! come on man.
              Which comparison? Leonard/Duran? Yeah, nothing new under the sun in that respect. Except I think Leonard/Duran was dredged up for different reasons in the case of Mayweather/Hatton... if anything, I think Ricky was the first to cite Duran's fight with Leonard in the build up to Undefeated (correct me if I'm mistaken). This guy's point focuses less on presenting Duran's win over Sugar Ray as a blueprint for how Cotto could beat Floyd, and more on the potential rivalry that could build between them should Floyd lose a mooted first encounter. Now, I'm not so sure Cotto can beat Floyd, but that's open to argument obviously.

I don't think this article (or its writer) seeks to diminish Floyd. If anything, it expresses a wish to see Mayweather pushed to the very extremes of his talent, by an opponent who could push him into showing a layer of fortitude he almost certainly possesses but has never had to show before. Of course, this search may be entirely vain, and pinning those expectations on a Miguel Cotto may just be more clutching at straws. Floyd probably is just too good for every welterweight out there. But you can't blame a fight-fan for dreaming of great fights.
              Who wouldn't lick their lips over a Mayweather/Cotto bout? We've all done the rounds of logically outlining the reasons why Cotto may not pass Floyd's muster as a feasible next opponent, but, as fans, with no interest in the business, can't we all just admit how much we want to see this fight? I'm dying to see it. Doesn't mean I think Floyd loses any credibility if it isn't made. I'm just being a greedy-ass fan. Ain't we all?

Comment

Objectivity, man!

Which comparison? Leonard/Duran? Yeah, nothing new under the sun in that respect. Except I think Leonard/Duran was dredged up for different reasons in the case of Mayweather/Hatton... if anything, I think Ricky was the first to cite Duran's fight with Leonard in the build up to Undefeated (correct me if I'm mistaken). This guy's point focuses less on presenting Duran's win over Sugar Ray as a blueprint for how Cotto could beat Floyd, and more on the potential rivalry that could build between them should Floyd lose a mooted first encounter. Now, I'm not so sure Cotto can beat Floyd, but that's open to argument obviously.

I don't think this article (or its writer) seeks to diminish Floyd. If anything, it expresses a wish to see Mayweather pushed to the very extremes of his talent, by an opponent who could push him into showing a layer of fortitude he almost certainly possesses but has never had to show before. Of course, this search may be entirely vain, and pinning those expectations on a Miguel Cotto may just be more clutching at straws. Floyd probably is just too good for every welterweight out there. But you can't blame a fight-fan for dreaming of great fights.
                Who wouldn't lick their lips over a Mayweather/Cotto bout? We've all done the rounds of logically outlining the reasons why Cotto may not pass Floyd's muster as a feasible next opponent, but, as fans, with no interest in the business, can't we all just admit how much we want to see this fight? I'm dying to see it. Doesn't mean I think Floyd loses any credibility if it isn't made. I'm just being a greedy-ass fan. Ain't we all?
                I respect this post good ****

Comment

I agree with Black Jesus and JHAVIS.

Comment

Objectivity, man!

Great post!!

Comment

there is an article like this every year detailing the same **** drawing the same comparisons, until floyd loses, its always going to be like this because it always has been, the article is the same **** i been hearing since the gatti fight, im all for objectiveness when discussing the number 1 fighter in the world, but this article doesnt raise anything new at all, not even in the slightest.

Don't do it, BJ. You're sounding like a Floydboy. Do you think we should never consider that he might lose? Real boxing fans are not fans of just one guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X