No announcement yet.

Hatton: "I'm Convinced I Can Beat Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
    Oscar could have beaten Floyd. He was there for the taking, but Oscar lacked the faith in his stamina. Hatton has and BELIEVES he has plenty of stamina. He would comed after Floyd all night and never get tired. The last time we saw a highly skilled fighter go after Floyd hardcore was Mayweather-Castillo I, and we know how that fight was for Floyd.

In any case, Hatton could beat Floyd but it would not be easy. But I think Floyd having gone up to 150 helps Hatton a little.
    Negative. Floyd's chin won't turn to **** overnight when he decides to shed 3lbs. to fight Hatton (like your Roy Jones' did).

It seems like the same story over and over with these Mayweather potential opponents. They talk about what they're going to do but when they get in the ring they do everything but that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
      Negative. Floyd's chin won't turn to **** overnight when he decides to shed 3lbs. to fight Hatton (like your Roy Jones' did).

It seems like the same story over and over with these Mayweather potential opponents. They talk about what they're going to do but when they get in the ring they do everything but that.

well said....

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
        actually Im clearly looking at specific skillsets, and doing it as a boxer and COLLEGE student.
        Then stop acting like a kid in high school.

Comment

• But what this really comes down to is who CARES that Hatton thinks he can beat Floyd.
          Oscar thought he could beat Floyd, so did Zab, Baldomir, Gatti, Corrales etc etc.
          Everyone seems to think they can beat Floyd, but its actully doing it that is the problem.

Comment

• It seems like the same story over and over with these Mayweather potential opponents. They talk about what they're going to do but when they get in the ring they do everything but that.
            This is very true, people go in with a game plan but Mayweather is so good and so skilled that they always fall back on their default style. De La Hoya's gameplan of swarming and bullying fell apart as he got fatigued and he fell back on waiting and counterpunching. Gatti tried to box, by the time he fell back on blood and guts brawling it was way too late. Like Castillo, Hatton's default style is the brawling walk-through-punches and throw a lot style which most analysts suggest is the way you can beat Floyd. So who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
              But what this really comes down to is who CARES that Hatton thinks he can beat Floyd.
              Oscar thought he could beat Floyd, so did Zab, Baldomir, Gatti, Corrales etc etc.
              Everyone seems to think they can beat Floyd, but its actully doing it that is the problem.
              But its the same for Hatton. Who cares that PBF thinks he can beat hatton and his fans think he can beat hatton. PBF thinks he would beeat SRR. Everyone thinks they can beat Hatton. Kostya thought he could beat Hatton. Everyone seems to think they can beat Hatton but doing it is actully the problem.
              All im saying they have to box and i want to see it. THe problem i have is that some people think that PBF is the god almighty and that he dont have to box Hatton to PROVE what he and his fans think. Its as if just because PBF is p4p no1 he dont have to fight Hatton or something when it is the one people want to see.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 05-29-2007, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Mayweather should actually fight someone in their prime, then he might, MIGHT get some shred of respect.

At the moment he is just a black Sven Ottke who is rich because he is american. If Mayweather was white and German, most of you Mayweather fans would hate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by me2007 View Post
                  At the moment he is just a black Sven Ottke who is rich because he is american. If Mayweather was white and German, most of you Mayweather fans would hate him.

Obviously your remaining brain cells are currently in Arrested Development.

Or in a way you can understand.

You are not very clever.

Comment

• holy **** i just fell off my chair, that was hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by me2007 View Post
                      holy **** i just fell off my chair, that was hilarious.
                      Im glad i made you laugh, make sure you dont fall onto any of those dicks you got lying around your house.

Comment

Working...
                      X