How Spain saw Mayweather vs Pacquiao.(English subbed) must watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RED REP View Post
    "Pacquiao is doing what he is suppose to do"

Lmfao!!!! Spoon in the best poster on this forum. MVP. Pacquiao should start paying Spoon.
    Even more hilarious is that all those were true.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 02-26-2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RED REP View Post
      "Pacquiao is doing what he is suppose to do"

Lmfao!!!! Spoon in the best poster on this forum. MVP. Pacquiao should start paying Spoon.
      Even more hilarious is that all those were true..

Comment

• ''bueno pueee...ese Bradley lastimo su tobillo y dijo que le lastimo en el essstool!! pero el Pacquiao no dijo nada!!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
          Yes it is. Picture is getting clearer. There is a rainbow after a rain after all hehehe

Vegas beat Pac not Froid.
          Look Floyd himself KNOWS HE LOST. Soon after the fight he TOLD STEPHEN A SMITH from ESPN he wanted a rematch, because he knows that most people think Pacquiao won. HE WAS NOT SATISFIED with the fight. And behind the scenes he is begging Manny for the rematch but Pacquiao is the A-Side now so its up to him.

Comment

• There is never any harm in investigating a situation. I think there is something to be said for boxing fans taking ownership of decisions. In the old days the fight was scored by reporters...In those days reporters were often rough and tumble types who knew a thing or two about fighting...and there was the occasional Jack London, a literary genius. When refs were involved with the scoring it was also not necessarily a bad thing considering the view the ref has of the action.

The problem with judging is a problem one sees in martial arts technique as well...subtlety is often missed. The best martial artists are the ones who make the person think they have connected...but in a point fighting scenerio, for example, one cannot use this level of subtlety.

One thing that the slo mo situation brings out are a couple of instances where Manny did in fact slip a shot from Floyd and catch him. Its just sad that a manuever like that has to go by the wayside because judges cannot catch it and no judge can catch these slips because the hand is quicker than the eye.

To compensate for these situations and to give closure boxing has become more and more dependent upon punchstat numbers. This favors the somewhat indiscriminate process of throwing lots of punches at all times...so we have guys like Joe Calzaghe who slaps away, often with poor form and little else.

As Zaroku has said this fight was not a robbery...it was close and Manny should have really taken more risk to cement any advantage he thought he had. Floyd is very good at making things look effortless, and at stealing a round with a potshot well placed. There were rounds were Manny was the aggressor, hit Floyd's body and Floyd won the round on the judge's cards because of a few jabs.

But Spoon's critique has merit. I understand as well that Floyd fans think they deserve closure. the fight happened and floyd got the nod so lets move on...and so the argument for Floyd goes. The truth is that neither guy won that fight in a way where real closure is possible because neither guy had the balls to risk losing, or the ability to show clearly that they are the better fighter historically.

A fine example of this situation is when Lewis fought Holyfield the first time and the decision was percieved as a robbery. Holyfield made the comment that Lewis should have knocked him down, or out. Lewis won that fight but Holy had a point...Lewis had Holy several times and didn't want to take the risk, didn't want to put the exclamation point on the victory, and as a result, lewis allowed the judges to rob him.

Its sad that this fight was such a letdown. floyd did use Vegas and homecourt advantage...the fight was seen his way when it could have been seen from the perspective of Manny being the aggressor, throwing more punches when Floyd was against the ropes, etc. Floyd banked on this advantage and he was right. So did he win this fight? well...neither guy lost, both guys made sure there was never a confrontation in the ring that put them at risk of losing and the judges saw the fight from the perspective of floyd's strong suite, and not Manny's, thats the bottom line.

Spoony reminds us of this fact...he is the gad fly, he will not allow closure when in fact very little of anything was determined by this fight, other than both men are capable of avoiding confronting each other, vis a vis, both men are risk averse and would rather walk away leaving much in the ring, than risk losing because everything was left in the ring for the sake of showing domination over the opponent.

don't get mad at Spoon....get mad at the fighters, both of them. Hurt arm, r not, with this much on the line if you really wanted it you would have gone for it Manny. Floyd, you always took the easy way out which is why you will never be the man.
            Last edited by billeau2; 02-26-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• im over the fight. but you can't deny all these people around the world who thought pac won, despite fighting with one arm a roided up floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                I was not going to post on this thread but i find it pathetic that you keep complaining about the money you spent and how you want it back. Neither fighter has had a significant ko in years. You know how Floyd fights. Stop crying and get over it. You NEVER getting your money back. You sounding desperate.

Obvisually I'm not gonna get any money back. I would like it back though cuz that fight was trash. Maybe you're happy about paying for that fight but I'm not. And it's not even about knockouts, I've seen great fights in the past that didn't even include a knock down dumb ass. That May Pac fight was weak bruh.

Comment

• Who cares....LET IT GO.....I bet yall gonna have a May 2nd 2016 Anniversary for the fight...smh

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    There is never any harm in investigating a situation. I think there is something to be said for boxing fans taking ownership of decisions. In the old days the fight was scored by reporters...In those days reporters were often rough and tumble types who knew a thing or two about fighting...and there was the occasional Jack London, a literary genius. When refs were involved with the scoring it was also not necessarily a bad thing considering the view the ref has of the action.

The problem with judging is a problem one sees in martial arts technique as well...subtlety is often missed. The best martial artists are the ones who make the person think they have connected...but in a point fighting scenerio, for example, one cannot use this level of subtlety.

One thing that the slo mo situation brings out are a couple of instances where Manny did in fact slip a shot from Floyd and catch him. Its just sad that a manuever like that has to go by the wayside because judges cannot catch it and no judge can catch these slips because the hand is quicker than the eye.

To compensate for these situations and to give closure boxing has become more and more dependent upon punchstat numbers. This favors the somewhat indiscriminate process of throwing lots of punches at all times...so we have guys like Joe Calzaghe who slaps away, often with poor form and little else.

As Zaroku has said this fight was not a robbery...it was close and Manny should have really taken more risk to cement any advantage he thought he had. Floyd is very good at making things look effortless, and at stealing a round with a potshot well placed. There were rounds were Manny was the aggressor, hit Floyd's body and Floyd won the round on the judge's cards because of a few jabs.

But Spoon's critique has merit. I understand as well that Floyd fans think they deserve closure. the fight happened and floyd got the nod so lets move on...and so the argument for Floyd goes. The truth is that neither guy won that fight in a way where real closure is possible because neither guy had the balls to risk losing, or the ability to show clearly that they are the better fighter historically.

A fine example of this situation is when Lewis fought Holyfield the first time and the decision was percieved as a robbery. Holyfield made the comment that Lewis should have knocked him down, or out. Lewis won that fight but Holy had a point...Lewis had Holy several times and didn't want to take the risk, didn't want to put the exclamation point on the victory, and as a result, lewis allowed the judges to rob him.

Its sad that this fight was such a letdown. floyd did use Vegas and homecourt advantage...the fight was seen his way when it could have been seen from the perspective of Manny being the aggressor, throwing more punches when Floyd was against the ropes, etc. Floyd banked on this advantage and he was right. So did he win this fight? well...neither guy lost, both guys made sure there was never a confrontation in the ring that put them at risk of losing and the judges saw the fight from the perspective of floyd's strong suite, and not Manny's, thats the bottom line.

Spoony reminds us of this fact...he is the gad fly, he will not allow closure when in fact very little of anything was determined by this fight, other than both men are capable of avoiding confronting each other, vis a vis, both men are risk averse and would rather walk away leaving much in the ring, than risk losing because everything was left in the ring for the sake of showing domination over the opponent.

don't get mad at Spoon....get mad at the fighters, both of them. Hurt arm, r not, with this much on the line if you really wanted it you would have gone for it Manny. Floyd, you always took the easy way out which is why you will never be the man.
                    I Zaroku 100% agree with this post.

If I went to a ho, and explained and hinted at how much pleasure I am about to feel, yet never experience.... I am gonna beat the **** out of her pimp...

I might make him suck a door knob, I ain't paying for a cold pizza from dominos...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      Obvisually I'm not gonna get any money back. I would like it back though cuz that fight was trash. Maybe you're happy about paying for that fight but I'm not. And it's not even about knockouts, I've seen great fights in the past that didn't even include a knock down dumb ass. That May Pac fight was weak bruh.
                      More than that:

They need to refund your PPV money plus your hourly wage wasted watching it.

Posting is a choice and cannot be reimbursed!

Comment

Working...
                      X