Tyson Fury almost kod david price...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    Most people who watch boxing just support the current thing

It's like KingGilgamesh and people like that that just started watching boxing recently, and think they are experts, but really know absoloutley nothing about fighting. Ironically Fury's fanbase is actually full of those people now, who 10 years ago would have been David Price fans.

You have to learn to read between the lines and that takes years of watching the sport and learning the lessons, and even then sometimes you get it wrong still.
    Spot on that, I always say it takes alot for a fighter to impress me because I've seen so much , people still don't listen when I big a fighter up, it's just about the current thing.

Comment

David Price is a good fighter, but the man has a China chin. One kiss on the cheek and it's lights out.

Comment

If he fought Price it must be for a charity event ? That’s also a great way to really dwindle your stock further ,avoid any undisputed but afterwards go for Price which also would require dumping the belt ?

Edit just saw this is an old thread I knew this was even to kooky for here .
        Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-12-2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Poor old Pricey.

Head the size of a tennis ball. That was his main defence it seemed.

Better fighters could land on his fun-sized head and that was that.

Comment

Fury should rematch Pianeta, see if he can stop him this time. Then he can take on Price.

I read Fury said he thought he had brain damage after Wilder fight and won't fight again - although he made up an excuse as to why he fought Whyte after

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

fury looked like a sloppy goofball at times. he is also one of the few boxers to punch themselves in the face during a fight. I remember not being impressed with him during his fight with cunningham, getting dropped and thinking, if he didn have such a huge size advantage to wear down on cunningham he would clearly lose that fight in a battle of skill.

somewhere a long the way he got much better at slipping shots and also his sloppy arm punches morphed into a lose fighter with quick accurate counter punches and it wasnt really until the wilder fights he even learned to sit down on his punches and use his power that he had the whole time.

it wasnt until the wlad fight i was thinking what in the actual fuk is going on wlad, how are you letting this clown stunt on you like this. then with the wilder 1 and 2 i was thinking wilder would win, then we saw the same guy who was dropped by cruiserweight cunningham take massive bombs from wilder and be the only man to do so. IDK what to tell you man but Fury surprised a lot of people over the years.
              Lol... Indeed. The thing about Fury was that despite being a real goof, he had instincts. The little things that occur when you have been trained at an early age where, uncharacteristically there for him, as opposed to fighters trained mostly as amateurs (like so many fighters train now). Little things like knowing how to fight at all ranges, throwing all punches and controlling the angles in the ring. To me that made the difference. A perfect example would be the Cunningham fight you mention. When plan A was not working, he made adjustments immediately and curtailed the success of Cunningham.

Comment

Working...
              X