No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury almost kod david price...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

And when that doesn’t happen, because it won’t, what will it be then?

Whyte was a bum that never won anything more than a British title?

Whyte was a bum that got flattened by a 60 year old Povetkin?

Something along those lines i’m sure.
    Good stuff when fury goes life and death with whyte will show you how bad fury is

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Good stuff when fury goes life and death with whyte will show you how bad fury is
      So if Fury beats Whyte easily you will give him credit then? Or is this just one of those where you can only be proved right, not wrong things, Stuntman? The only way you can stand by your statement is if Fury is given his credit by you if you are wrong. And if that's the case, The Great Nash will hold you to it. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

So if Fury beats Whyte easily you will give him credit then? Or is this just one of those where you can only be proved right, not wrong things, Stuntman? The only way you can stand by your statement is if Fury is given his credit by you if you are wrong. And if that's the case, The Great Nash will hold you to it. Nash out.
        If fury dominates whyte I will be impressed

However if he goes life and death I won't be which I'm assuming he will due to not having much experience with top 10 heavies

Comment

However if he goes life and death I won't be which I'm assuming he will due to not having much experience with top 10 heavies
          Okay, Stuntman. Let's see what happens. Hope there is a decent undercard, but I doubt it. Nash out.

Comment

This is a thread that didn't actually age - because Price beat Fury in the amateurs and then Fury avoided him in the pros so seems reasonable to think Price could beat him. Fury obviously thought so. Styles make fights. Fury lost to people in the amateurs - back in the times when he couldn't avoid fighters in the top 10. When you fight the best out there you lose every now and again.

Fury's amateur record 32-4 (failed to qualify for Olympics)

Joshua's amateur record 40-3 (Olympic gold medal)

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

Damn, this didn't age well.
              fury looked like a sloppy goofball at times. he is also one of the few boxers to punch themselves in the face during a fight. I remember not being impressed with him during his fight with cunningham, getting dropped and thinking, if he didn have such a huge size advantage to wear down on cunningham he would clearly lose that fight in a battle of skill.

somewhere a long the way he got much better at slipping shots and also his sloppy arm punches morphed into a lose fighter with quick accurate counter punches and it wasnt really until the wilder fights he even learned to sit down on his punches and use his power that he had the whole time.

it wasnt until the wlad fight i was thinking what in the actual fuk is going on wlad, how are you letting this clown stunt on you like this. then with the wilder 1 and 2 i was thinking wilder would win, then we saw the same guy who was dropped by cruiserweight cunningham take massive bombs from wilder and be the only man to do so. IDK what to tell you man but Fury surprised a lot of people over the years.
              Last edited by elfag; 05-06-2022, 09:39 PM.
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Most people who watch boxing just support the current thing

It's like KingGilgamesh and people like that that just started watching boxing recently, and think they are experts, but really know absoloutley nothing about fighting. Ironically Fury's fanbase is actually full of those people now, who 10 years ago would have been David Price fans.

You have to learn to read between the lines and that takes years of watching the sport and learning the lessons, and even then sometimes you get it wrong still.
                Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 05-06-2022, 09:48 PM.
                3ProudLions 3ProudLions rudy rudy like this.

Comment

Nash was right as always, Stuntman Mike. You really need to start listening to and respecting your mentor more. Nash out. AKA, Dr. Boxing.
                  Stuntman Mike Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Nash was right as always, Stuntman Mike. You really need to start listening to and respecting your mentor more. Nash out. AKA, Dr. Boxing.
                    You deserve your props fury did dominate whyte

I mean I wish I backtracked after the weigh in

What was whyte thinking ??

He obvious thought furys greatest weapon was his clinch strength and strong arming up close little did whyte know fury would come in lighter than against wilder and box on the backfoot

Whyte should have been focusing on speed and stamina but it was clear he was more focused on training for a strongman contest

Props to Nash he is one hellava poster and has been fundamental in my boxing doctorate degree
                    Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

You deserve your props fury did dominate whyte

I mean I wish I backtracked after the weigh in

What was whyte thinking ??

He obvious thought furys greatest weapon was his clinch strength and strong arming up close little did whyte know fury would come in lighter than against wilder and box on the backfoot

Whyte should have been focusing on speed and stamina but it was clear he was more focused on training for a strongman contest

Props to Nash he is one hellava poster and has been fundamental in my boxing doctorate degree
                      Thank you, Stuntman Mike. You're a helluva Stuntman and a helluva poster as well. Nash out.

Comment

Working...
                      X