Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury almost kod david price...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had to read this thread again 'cause it's so good and tbh, I don't think what I said was wrong then or now but ****ing hell, that smugness has come back to bite me hasn't it.

Earl, you're in for a big shock with Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      I've had to read this thread again 'cause it's so good and tbh, I don't think what I said was wrong then or now but ****ing hell, that smugness has come back to bite me hasn't it.

It's alright mate we can all be wrong can't we, Fury went on to be better than even I thought, I thought he might pick up a vacant alphabet at some point after Wlad retired and all the belts became vacant and maybe have a successful defence or two.

Comment

Goat fury beats everyone
        Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

I always knew price was garbage however I thought fury was garbage too and still think he's absolute garbage with only 3 names of note on his resume

Shot klit who looked garbage against brant jennings the fight prior

Bum chisora

And bum wilder a paper champion who got outboxed by an 80 year old Cuban...thats all he has to his name

Whyte will dominate fury

Comment

This was the first time I ever saw Fury fight. I’d heard big things about a kid from Egan’s who’d gone to the World Juniors in Morocco I think and got to the final four but I hadn’t seen him fight. Fury was also sending letters or emails into boxing news at the time saying he was going to beat Price. I spoke to Pricey about this and he told me it really motivated him to win his third ABA’s. Loads of scousers travelled to Manchester for the fight as well, there was quite a tense atmosphere in the crowd.

The fight itself was the north west counties final of the ABA’s if I remember correctly. Many people get it wrong and think it was the ABA national final but it definitely wasn’t because Pricey beat Tom Dallas in the ABA final that year. The fight simply came too soon for Fury, he managed to unofficially drop Price with a sharp counter but Price used his experience to outmanoeuvre him for most of the fight. Price was an international podium quality amateur at this point whilst Fury was still boxing in the junior comps.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
              I remember these times. I even placed an £800 bet on Fury to beat Price at 11-4. I got refunded but was gutted the fight never happened as I knew Fury was going to have far too much for Price, even then. I did put £100 on Thompson at 5-1 though, and £200 on Thompson in the rematch at 7-2. Over time I grew to really like Price though. I'll tell you now though, less than 1% of boxing fans were predicting big things for Fury at this time. Most thought he'd get some kind of big shot because of his personality/controversy, get hammered and then retire as a flash in the pan, but no, Kronk became the King. Nash out.
              I did the same thing with Fury vs Haye.

I was a big believer in Pricey though tbh. Heart over head in some scenarios. I still believe Maloney ruined him to an extent though. Maloney was essentially betting his entire promotional outfit on Pricey’s success and he rushed him. Stepping up from domestic level to face a cagey veteran like Thompson was poor matchmaking and the immediate rematch was lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post
                I always knew price was garbage however I thought fury was garbage too and still think he's absolute garbage with only 3 names of note on his resume

Shot klit who looked garbage against brant jennings the fight prior

Bum chisora

And bum wilder a paper champion who got outboxed by an 80 year old Cuban...thats all he has to his name

Whyte will dominate fury
                Prime Tyson Fury 6'9 demon with 7 footwork who moves like Middleweight speed of Muhammad Ali knocked most dangerous puncher in the world who everyone ducked beat prime klitschko and dereck Chisora and oto waflin and Whyte and you have solid resume better than Fraziers Sonny Liston

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyGrizzly View Post

Prime Tyson Fury 6'9 demon with 7 footwork who moves like Middleweight speed of Muhammad Ali knocked most dangerous puncher in the world who everyone ducked beat prime klitschko and dereck Chisora and oto waflin and Whyte and you have solid resume better than Fraziers Sonny Liston
                  Speed of a middleweight?

Show me him doing a counter punch the way Ali could land a laser right hand

Furys attacks are clumsy and his feet are all over the place ..doesn't have the natural ability of the likes of Ali

He has good upper body movement

However not that good as otto wallin lit him up at will

Why are you mentioning wallin as some sort of staple name? What credentials does otto wallin have other than lighting up fury ??

Speaking of ducking didn't fury duck the wlad rematch and the rest of the up and comers at the time?

He only stopped snorting coke because he saw wilder getting lit up by a 90 year old Cuban

Wilder was a paper champion handed a belt against a stiverne

Wilder did nothing and the first opponant who had credentials in the amateurs which was ortiz he looked terrible

Furys resume is smoke and mirrors

The defining name on alis resume was george foreman a guy that blew out joe frazier in a row and Ken Norton who went the distance twice with Ali

That's why big George was such a huge favorite

Wilder beat Luis ortiz and he got dominated in both fights leading up to his ko wins

Foreman dominated and stopped Norton and frazier and they have previous credentials one beating Ali and the other going the distance twice

Alis resume ****s on furys don't be so dumb

Comment

Speed of a middleweight?

Show me him doing a counter punch the way Ali could land a laser right hand

Furys attacks are clumsy and his feet are all over the place ..doesn't have the natural ability of the likes of Ali

He has good upper body movement

However not that good as otto wallin lit him up at will

Why are you mentioning wallin as some sort of staple name? What credentials does otto wallin have other than lighting up fury ??

Speaking of ducking didn't fury duck the wlad rematch and the rest of the up and comers at the time?

He only stopped snorting coke because he saw wilder getting lit up by a 90 year old Cuban

Wilder was a paper champion handed a belt against a stiverne

Wilder did nothing and the first opponant who had credentials in the amateurs which was ortiz he looked terrible

Furys resume is smoke and mirrors

The defining name on alis resume was george foreman a guy that blew out joe frazier in a row and Ken Norton who went the distance twice with Ali

That's why big George was such a huge favorite

Wilder beat Luis ortiz and he got dominated in both fights leading up to his ko wins

Foreman dominated and stopped Norton and frazier and they have previous credentials one beating Ali and the other going the distance twice

Alis resume ****s on furys don't be so dumb

​​​​​​Norton was nothing special though just beat Ali =beating ali ATG when people beat lets say klitschko=vum koed klitschko fact is prime Focused fury is monster

Comment

Whyte will dominate fury
                      And when that doesn’t happen, because it won’t, what will it be then?

Whyte was a bum that never won anything more than a British title?

Whyte was a bum that got flattened by a 60 year old Povetkin?

Something along those lines i’m sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X