No announcement yet.

Worst British Boxer of all time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRANSWARP View Post
    If hamed is so average or crap enough to be considered as the worst british fighter off all time, why then did barrera need to change his style to beat him genius?...
    Very good point. Hamed beat a plethora of good fighters Robinson, Vasquez, Medina, Johnson, Soto, Kelley, McCullough and Bungu. They are acting like he never fought anyone up to Barrera.

Comment

because Barrera is a class fighter numbnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by col Blake View Post
        because Barrera is a class fighter numbnuts.
        What about the other fighters I mentioned above those wins don't count. Numbnuts good one ****face. Can you disagree without calling name. We all know Barrera is a class fighter Burt Sugar? State the obvious please.

Comment

Originally posted by buddychacon View Post
          What about the other fighters I mentioned above those wins don't count. Numbnuts good one ****face. Can you disagree without calling name. We all know Barrera is a class fighter Burt Sugar? State the obvious please.
          Difference was that all those fighters were past their best! Barrera was a world class fighter who could comfortably adapt/change his style to destroy Hamed! No one is disputing Hamed's power, but let's be honest his best punches bounced off Barrera! As a pre-caution Barrera changed his style, but in retrospect he didn't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by TRANSWARP View Post
            If hamed is so average or crap enough to be considered as the worst british fighter off all time, why then did barrera need to change his style to beat him genius?...
            see my post above

Comment

Originally posted by Flagellum Dei View Post
              Difference was that all those fighters were past their best! Barrera was a world class fighter who could comfortably adapt/change his style to destroy Hamed! No one is disputing Hamed's power, but let's be honest his best punches bounced off Barrera! As a pre-caution Barrera changed his style, but in retrospect he didn't have to.
              I can't disagree with you on them being past their best but he fought the best competition available you must agree.

Comment

Robinson choked, Medina was told not to leave his corner possible fix i think,
                McCullough was to light hamed still could'nt stop him, lucky as **** against Kelley bungu is crap
                What is the difference between a litter of puppies and Alabama fans?
                The puppies stop whining after 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                  Robinson choked, Medina was told not to leave his corner possible fix i think,
                  McCullough was to light hamed still could'nt stop him, lucky as **** against Kelley bungu is crap
                  What is the difference between a litter of puppies and Alabama fans?
                  The puppies stop whining after 6 weeks.
                  You about as British as Erik Morales. A Brit would not know that joke. Have you also developed a phony internet british persona.

Comment

It's a well known fact that the majority of British people like to discredit and criticize their own sportsmen and women. I don't know whether British people have a bigger tendancy to be jealous, or whether it's the British media overhyping their sports starts, but it's something that seems to be a British cancer.

I have a feeling threads like these are not really about whether or not such and such a fighter was overrated, or the worst British champion, but just weak excuses to stick the knife in. It's ironic because a lot of Americans on these internet forums actually think most British fans are die-hard supporters of their own boxers.
                    Last edited by Dapperpessimist; 12-04-2006, 03:36 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by Dapperpessimist View Post
                      It's a well known fact that the majority of British people like to discredit and criticize their own sportsmen and women. I don't know wheather British people have a bigger tendancy to be jealous, or wheather it's the British media overhyping their sports starts, but it's something that seems to be a British cancer.

I have a feeling threads like these are not really about wheather or not such and such a fighter was overrated, or the worst British champion, but just weak excuses to stick the knife in. It's ironic because a lot of Americans on these internet forums actually think most British fans are die-hard supporters of their own boxers.
                      Actually, I would disagree! Benn, Lewis, Eubank, Watson, Woods etc are/were considered great!

Regarding sticking the knife in, thats not correct, it's about people sharing their opinions with others and generating discussion! Are you honestly telling me that you support a man like Herbie Hide to win? He was rude, arrogant and a bully! Whether he's British or not, nobody wants a man like that to win!

You're right about the British media over-hyping sports personalities though, just as they do with everything else!

Comment

Working...
                      X