Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good but short retrospective on Jimmy Bivins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -Joe ain't been around to set any more recorded in defense of his title, so I here to set all the noobs straight.

John Henry was 12-0 for 1938 including LH defenses and heavywt bouts including Elmer Ray. Fought Joe in Jan 1939 more than a year before the 39 heavywt rankings came out where he would've been ranked after giving up his LH title for the Louis fight. Not Joe and John Henry fault Ring never understood the concept of time back then to properly keep it.

Geez, what these kids gonna do when they finally grasp the concept of a fighter timeline?

Get some BigBoy pants I would hope to assume their delayed adulthood!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Joe ain't been around to set any more recorded in defense of his title, so I here to set all the noobs straight.

John Henry was 12-0 for 1938 including LH defenses and heavywt bouts including Elmer Ray. Fought Joe in Jan 1939 more than a year before the 39 heavywt rankings came out where he would've been ranked after giving up his LH title for the Louis fight. Not Joe and John Henry fault Ring never understood the concept of time back then to properly keep it.

Geez, what these kids gonna do when they finally grasp the concept of a fighter timeline?

Get some BigBoy pants I would hope to assume their delayed adulthood!
      What the heck are you talking about? Henry could not see. Louis gave him the match as a favor to pay for bills.

Elmer Ray and Jimmy Bivins were there #1 ranked guys, Louis didm't fight either when they were. Franklin won something like 17 matches in a row, Louis didn't fight him when he was hit, rather he picked on easier marks.

Those are the facts. Joe Louis, who did some work for civil rights skipped these two ( Three ) , and the fights he have with Lewis and Walcott were big at the gate so the I can't draw BS does not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
        What the heck are you talking about? Henry could not see. Louis gave him the match as a favor to pay for bills.

Elmer Ray and Jimmy Bivins were there #1 ranked guys, Louis didm't fight either when they were. Franklin won something like 17 matches in a row, Louis didn't fight him when he was hit, rather he picked on easier marks.

Those are the facts. Joe Louis, who did some work for civil rights skipped these two ( Three ) , and the fights he have with Lewis and Walcott were big at the gate so the I can't draw BS does not apply.
        - -Dude, you're supposed to be ignoring me!

Pretty obvious John Henry moved heaven and hell to fight Joe in 39 and 12-0 don't lie with one being your Elmer Ray boy.

Not too shabby fer a blind shot fighter you make him out.

Need to find a new narrative more in line with history

Comment

I liked it, thanks for posting it up...........Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 12-30-2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Queenie never lets facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              - -Nothing I can do to fix U basic timeline illiteracy and overall cowardice much like Weensie.

U shouldn't be neglecting U dinner at the latest road kill site.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                You could say that among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  I'm sure plenty of y'all know how good and underrated, or probably rather under exposed Bivins is. This was nice to see.

Bivins huh? What about Bell and Devoe?

Comment

Bivins was good, and should have gotten that shot.

Comment

- -Didn't Bivins fight in the ww2 years after Joe was drafted?

What's his record for those years?

Comment

Working...
                      X