No announcement yet.

Mike Weaver vs Cleveland Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    If you're going to argue with me you need to step up your reading comprehension. When I said Weaver it's a slow starter I meant he started off slowly when he fought. That's why Michael Dokes was able to stop him in one round although that fight was stopped way too early.

It's called styles make fights. Almost everything you responded with is not relevant here.
    Hahahaha!

That's amazing!

Hahahaha!

You quote my response to SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU and tell ME that I need to work on MY reading comprehension!?!?

Hahahaha!

Weaver isn't the fighter he's remembered as. He wasn't great, but he was a survivor and opportunist who could beat fighters better than himself.

Williams wasn't better than Coetzee or Holmes or Tate. Like you said, the Dokes fight was fishy.

If you wanna say Liston, or Frazier or Cooney get Weaver out early. Or that Norton stops him late. OK. No dispute. But you're making Big Cat into a lion when he was actually a ***** cat.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
      Who, in your opinion wins this?
      Williams has more ability from what I've seen, but no chin. I will always bet on the one with a chin between big punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Williams. Williams has reach, experience, and when on his A game a fighter with exceptional skills. .
        and no chin relative to the top fighters. There is no way he beats a big puncher with a high skill level. he couldn't go past a round or two with Liston, which far lesser fighters managed since they have punch endurance...

Furthermore, Williams got Koed early by Ali, who isn't even a puncher. Frazier went through wars with ALi, yet couldn't take Foremans punches, so nobody is going to convince me that Ali is a puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          And yet he survived against Coetzee, who would stop both Williams and Liston.

You guys should actually watch fighters before talking about them.
          Coetzee wouldn't beat either Williams or Liston lol. You're talking about the same Coetzee who was knocked out by Greg Page and Frank Bruno.

Page was not even known as a puncher but Coetzee's chin never held up well.

Comment

When you've been exposed why do you make it worse for yourself?

Why not just admit you were mistaken?

You don't have to sa, "Sorry, Kevin, I was talking out of my ass."

You can just say "yeah, I goofed on that one. My bad. Sometimes I get things crossed in my head."

And we would leave it at that. Instead, you double-down. And you even decide it's OK to make up facts to cover your lies. Maybe IRL that works. But here's the thing about this forum.... it's on the internet.

I don't mean to always pick on you. It's just you say the most outlandish things and then get defensive when you're called out on it.
            Me? sounds like you are referring to your own comment. Heck I gave you words of wisdom from two great heavyweights to back up the notion that experience is vital to success. Maybe it went over your head, so let me break it down real simple like: Weaver never had the ammy background to develop his craft like Williams. Now do you understand pookie?

Comment

Maybe ask the orderlies to loosen up your straight-jacket? Clearly it's cutting off the blood flow to your brain.

Many fighters far better than Williams learned the consquence of Weaver's power. Late in the fight, no less.

Weaver could be beat, but he feasted on hacks like Williams.
              This statement shows a distinct lack of knowledge Pook. It has to do with the concept of peer review, like in academia. Williams was well regarded as dangerous by fellow fighters. Kind of like Holly, remember that article I posted pook? Weaver was regarded as a tough journeyman for a reason... Just because the reason alludes you... well ya know!

Let me repeat something someone once told me: "when you lost just admit it." You are showing more and more a lack of fundamental boxing knowledge. You might want to post in the general for a while pook... come back when you learn something?

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist89 View Post
                and no chin relative to the top fighters. There is no way he beats a big puncher with a high skill level. he couldn't go past a round or two with Liston, which far lesser fighters managed since they have punch endurance...

Furthermore, Williams got Koed early by Ali, who isn't even a puncher. Frazier went through wars with ALi, yet couldn't take Foremans punches, so nobody is going to convince me that Ali is a puncher.
                If you read the thread carefully I asked a poster about Weaver, and whether he was a big puncher. I asked that for a reason. Namely could weaver exploit Williams?

Williams was past it after the accident... when he was fighting Ali he was not any longer able to fight as he had prior to the accident. That fight has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Coetzee wouldn't beat either Williams or Liston lol. You're talking about the same Coetzee who was knocked out by Greg Page and Frank Bruno.

Page was not even known as a puncher but Coetzee's chin never held up well.
                  Ridiculous claims like saying Coetzee was better than Williams is par for the course, regarding Pookie. He just throws that in and expects it to be accepted. Problem is there are so many weak points that one cannot address all of them when Pookie blows hard.

Comment

Hahahaha!

That's amazing!

Hahahaha!

You quote my response to SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU and tell ME that I need to work on MY reading comprehension!?!?

Hahahaha!

Weaver isn't the fighter he's remembered as. He wasn't great, but he was a survivor and opportunist who could beat fighters better than himself.

Williams wasn't better than Coetzee or Holmes or Tate. Like you said, the Dokes fight was fishy.

If you wanna say Liston, or Frazier or Cooney get Weaver out early. Or that Norton stops him late. OK. No dispute. But you're making Big Cat into a lion when he was actually a ***** cat.
                    LOL Yeah you got me there. My phone took me to the wrong quote.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Ridiculous claims like saying Coetzee was better than Williams is par for the course, regarding Pookie. He just throws that in and expects it to be accepted. Problem is there are so many weak points that one cannot address all of them when Pookie blows hard.
                      LOL! He's definitely entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X