No announcement yet.

Out of these 4 featherweights who hit the hardest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of these 4 featherweights who hit the hardest

Just talking hitting power, they all land their money shot who hits the hardest

Danny Lopez
    Sandy Saddler
    Alexis Arguello
    Naseem Hamed

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Just talking hitting power, they all land their money shot who hits the hardest

Danny Lopez
    Sandy Saddler
    Alexis Arguello
    Naseem Hamed
    I want to say James because I was there when he knocked out Augie Sanchez, but I think Arguello was the hardest puncher at feather. I'm sure an argument can be made for any of these guys.

Comment

How does one make this assessment?

Hits the hardest!

1. Count knock outs?
      2. Count knock outs before the fourth round?
      3. Count the number of knock outs against top contenders only?
      4. Count clear knockouts as compared to TKOs?
      5. Compare KO percentages?
      6. Ask Mr. Peabody if you can use his Way Back Machine and let each one punch you in the face?

I'm in the weeds on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
        How does one make this assessment?

Hits the hardest!

1. Count knock outs?
        2. Count knock outs before the fourth round?
        3. Count the number of knock outs against top contenders only?
        4. Count clear knockouts as compared to TKOs?
        5. Compare KO percentages?
        6. Ask Mr. Peabody if you can use his Way Back Machine and let each one punch you in the face?

I'm in the weeds on this one.
        You can't make an accurate assessment. I'm just curious what you think.

Number of knockouts won't work, because some are cumulative and also based on how tough the oponent is. Not looking for numbers here just an opinion.

Comment

On record I guess it's Sandy Saddler but for me it's a toss up between Hamed and Arguello, go for Arguello because vs Mancini is up there with my favourite knockouts but really it could be either

If we had decent footage of Saddler one tapping top competition then it'd probably be him or atleast he'd be more in the discussion. Danny Lopez is up there but just falls short, not entirely clued up on his career though so I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            You can't make an accurate assessment. I'm just curious what you think.

Number of knockouts won't work, because some are cumulative and also based on how tough the oponent is. Not looking for numbers here just an opinion.
            OK just an opinion.

Joseph Saddler - the SOB was 5' 9" and threw a viscous right hand - could have been a WW or a short MW, had no business beating up on 126 pound opponents.

Of the four he's the guy I would least want to square off with; the guy I would find the most intimidating.

Comment

It's between Arguello and Saddler.

I probably lean Arguello but that could be just because I'm more familiar with his fights.

Comment

I would say Saddler, he was a big FW.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
                  OK just an opinion.

Joseph Saddler - the SOB was 5' 9" and threw a viscous right hand - could have been a WW or a short MW, had no business beating up on 126 pound opponents.

Of the four he's the guy I would least want to square off with; the guy I would find the most intimidating.
                  I personally say Arguello. He knocked out tough chinned oponents and did so often with one shot.

Saddler like you said was huge for a few and often just overpowered or out muscled his smaller oponents. I've watched all I can on him but I think shot for shot Arguello hits harder.

Arguello although narrower in frame than Saddler, he was taller. I'm sure you knew this but just a reminder when we speak of size. I agree though as it wasn't as apparent in his fights as Saddler, who just seemed straight up bigger, not just taller then the men he faced.

I think both had a serious size advantage at 126 though. In fact even Danny Lopez was a pretty big fw.
                  Last edited by them_apples; 03-22-2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Lopez for one punch power.

McGovern hit as hard as anyone of them. And was more overwhelming offensively.

Comment

Working...
                    X