Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest of all time? P4P? Robinson, Leonard, Mayweather or RJJ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    I stick to who I watched coming up.
    Then why are you commenting on a thread dedicated to "All Time"?

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      So let me try to understand this.

You have been ranting and raving about SRR being some kind of weight bully. Talking about how he always beats up smaller men. Which obviously is bullshlt, when I've already pointed out to you that even Harry Greb outweighed his opponents a higher percentage of the time than SRR did.

But you keep pulling out these specific opponents of Greb. Walker, Laughran, and Tunney.

Now here's where it gets funny.

Mickey "The Toy Bulldog" Walker was a welterweight moving up to challenge Greb. He weighed 152lbs to Greb's 159 according to boxrec. And here is from a paper the morning of the fight.

Hmmmmm. Notice who is bigger.

Then there is Loughran. They fought 6 times? What were their respective weights?

Greb 168 Loughran 168
      Greb 168 Loughran 168.5
      Greb 168 Loughran 166
      Greb 166 Loughran 166
      Greb 168.25 Loughran 165
      Greb 167 Loughran 163.5

Looks to me like Greb was mostly the bigger guy.

Then you talk about Tunney and say we should look at him vs. Dempsey.

Greb did well against 175 Tunney, but you're lying that Tunney couldn't beat Greb at light heavy. He did just that. Check out their fight on 12/10/1923 when Greb was 171.5 and Tunney was 175.

At 181, Tunney apparently gave Greb a beating. So why the hell should we look at 190lb Tunney?????

So not only were you telling lies about SRR, you are hypocritically talking up fights where Greb was outweighing his opponents, you are telling lies that Greb didn't take a loss to Tunney at light heavy, and you are saying that your eye test is satisfied by watching much bigger versions of some of these fighters like a 190lb Tunney, when you know a 180lb Tunney gave Greb....what was the quotation...."As thorough of a beating as he has ever received."

Yea, ok. Now we further see that not only are you a flat out liar, but your bullshlt makes no sense.

It's adorable that you do allll that work, but still miss the point.

It's the one that makes Greb that much more incredible.

Really, you've got it surrounded.

I wonder how long it will take for you to guess it.

Shhhhh, no one tell him. This should be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        if 168 didn't exist then 160 would be Roys natural weight. Not 175. His speed won him all his fights above 160. any good puncher at 175 if they caught him would have layed him out bad.

Roy was on steroids and a heavy bulking regiment when he fought at heavy. It was his goal to break 200.

So if he's a 160 lb fighter, his walk-around is gonna be in the low 170's if he's a professional. He could easily bulk to 200 and he did. Anyone could if they were a natural 170.

Roy actually started at 154 If I remember.

Cleartly you have no experience in this matter.

Not trying to insult you, but it shows through.

Jones was cutting weight to make 160.

He fought ONE fight at 154.

He needed to abandon 160. Especially with his explosive style.

He would have been small for 175, but we've seen many fighters succeed their when they were nothing more than over-weight Middleweights.

In fact, the GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL-TIME comes to mind...

How appropriate for this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          Mayweather isnt in the same league as sugar l and rjj?
          Floyd isnt even in the top 20 of all time. When you metion fighters who fought the best of the best and you cant mention Floyds name. He only fought the best past their prime. His money making was serpurb and his fraudulent built up resume was great. Anyone other than die hard fans would see WOW what a great record. Until someone breaks down the record as the created it.
          When you mention great fighters and go back to what made them great you think of the fights they were in. The excitement they brought. The energy they brought. None of them ever glorified the only one thing that was important to Floyd. "we're doing record breaking numbers" (who cares) Any fight of the years? How many times have you been accused of running holding. Or boring fights.
          You dont hear that from The greats. Win or lose they were respected as fighters and the battles they won and loss and the comebacks as well. Floyd isnt even in the same bracket of anyone you mentioned!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
            It's adorable that you do allll that work, but still miss the point.

It's the one that makes Greb that much more incredible.

Really, you've got it surrounded.

I wonder how long it will take for you to guess it.

Shhhhh, no one tell him. This should be fun to watch.

Pathetic response. Took you days to come up with that, huh? Apparently you can't get what people have been loudly trying to tell you. That's why you made a thread that was the biggest epic fail in the history of the history section.

Congratulations, dumbo.

But feel free to tell us why you keep ranting about SRR being some kind of weight bully yet you rave about Greb for beating up a guy who was moving up from welter and likely weighed at least 10lbs less than him during the fight.

Your problem is that you tell too many lies, and your bias makes you post dumb shlt that doesn't make sense. Come back when you have a better response to my post than this pathetic, ducking bullshlt.

Oh, and please explain why your "eye test" for Greb, who has not one video of his fights, consists of watching his former opponents as much bigger men, including watching a 190lb Tunney when you are aware that a 180lb Tunney gave Greb "as thorough a beating as he has ever received."

Truly pathetic. You claim that the "eye test" is your #1 criteria, you push Lomachenko to #3 ALL TIME P4P based on his 14 professional wins, and Greb #1 based on having no footage whatsoever but footage of his opponents when they became much bigger. Yea, makes perfect sense, dumbo
            Last edited by travestyny; 12-09-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              Pathetic response. Took you days to come up with that, huh? Apparently you can't get what people have been loudly trying to tell you. That's why you made a thread that was the biggest epic fail in the history of the history section.

Congratulations, dumbo.

But feel free to tell us why you keep ranting about SRR being some kind of weight bully yet you rave about Greb for beating up a guy who was moving up from welter and likely weighed at least 10lbs less than him during the fight.

Your problem is that you tell too many lies, and your bias makes you post dumb shlt that doesn't make sense. Come back when you have a better response to my post than this pathetic, ducking bullshlt.

Oh, and please explain why your "eye test" for Greb, who has not one video of his fights, consists of watching his former opponents as much bigger men, including watching a 190lb Tunney when you are aware that a 180lb Tunney gave Greb "as thorough a beating as he has ever received."

Truly pathetic. You claim that the "eye test" is your #1 criteria, you push Lomachenko to #3 ALL TIME P4P based on his 14 professional wins, and Greb #1 based on having no footage whatsoever but footage of his opponents when they became much bigger. Yea, makes perfect sense, dumbo
              So you're not even going to try and take a swing?

Do you want a hint?

Comment

Do you want a hint?
                I'm waiting for you to take a swing at my post. Stop playing games, dumbo. Address your exposed bias.

Why are you falsely claiming that SRR was a weight bully while praising Greb for beating up smaller men, also knowing that Greb fought a higher percentage of his fights outweighing his opponent than SRR did. It just reeks of agenda, and we all know what your agenda is. If anyone is confused about it, they should refer to your Lomachenko is P4P all-time better than SRR thread
                Last edited by travestyny; 12-09-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• I think every fighter that ever lived can whistle at sum of Roy’s best work.

Comment

Do you want a hint?
                    If it's true that there is no footage of Greb he has a valid point. How can there be an eye test??

Comment

I'm sure, in your mind, there's a point to this very nebulous and non-specific statement. Do you care to further clarify exactly what it meant, why it matters, and how it applies to my comment?
                      If White fighters avoided fighting Black fighters for whatever reason there is a good case for them being over rated.

Comment

Working...
                      X