No announcement yet.

2 heavyweight all time tourneys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
    Yeah but you have to admit,nobody could do a pirouette into the turnbuckle like Larry. (after the Snipes knockdown) LOL !
    We are on the same wavelength...I just posted something similar lol.

Most people don't know what really happened: Berbick just happened to be talking about how Holmes hated him and some kid said: "Superman was a white guy, no Black man can be Superman!" Well Larry was incensed! So he points to Berbick and tells the kid, "see that Baitch over there? Let say he is Lex Luxor."..and the rest is history!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      We are on the same wavelength...I just posted something similar lol.

Most people don't know what really happened: Berbick just happened to be talking about how Holmes hated him and some kid said: "Superman was a white guy, no Black man can be Superman!" Well Larry was incensed! So he points to Berbick and tells the kid, "see that Baitch over there? Let say he is Lex Luxor."..and the rest is history!
      Only Larry : ) Despite the Marciano comment that was kind of forced upon him a little,I actually liked Holmes. He had to live in a huge shadow after he beat Norton. No matter what he accomplished, it was never good enough.Looking back,I kind of feel bad for him. However he was smart with his money, has lived a great life and seems like a good man who has found peace. That's really all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
        Only Larry : ) Despite the Marciano comment that was kind of forced upon him a little,I actually liked Holmes. He had to live in a huge shadow after he beat Norton. No matter what he accomplished, it was never good enough.Looking back,I kind of feel bad for him. However he was smart with his money, has lived a great life and seems like a good man who has found peace. That's really all that matters.
        - -Dude , yer talkin' about an insecure elderly fighter reaming out out Big George for not fighting gratis an Old Timers Bout!

For most of his HOF induction speech!

Insert Butterbean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Dude , yer talkin' about an insecure elderly fighter reaming out out Big George for not fighting gratis an Old Timers Bout!

For most of his HOF induction speech!

Insert Butterbean!!!
          That's Larry. Always chasing the buck.That has not changed.

Comment

I despise Holmes for what he did to Ali.
            And he didn't need to as Ali had nothing that night.

Comment

1.Fury
              2. Wilder
              3. Lewis
              4. Ali
              5 Holyfield

Most overrated - Mike Tyson - Beat nobody except Spinks, who was a very poor man's Steve Cunningham. Got well beaten twice by Holyfield, battered by Lewis, and beaten by Danny Williams and some other bum.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                I despise Holmes for what he did to Ali.
                And he didn't need to as Ali had nothing that night.
                - -Ali demanded it, so the suits sanctioned the unsanctionable, and Larry went as easy as he could, even calling out to Ali's corner for a stoppage.

Don't care for Lar one whit, but fair is fair and you ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
                  1.Fury
                  2. Wilder
                  3. Lewis
                  4. Ali
                  5 Holyfield

Most overrated - Mike Tyson - Beat nobody except Spinks, who was a very poor man's Steve Cunningham. Got well beaten twice by Holyfield, battered by Lewis, and beaten by Danny Williams and some other bum.
                  Your list is comical. But please do explain how Slinks was a "poor man's Cunningham"?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Your list is comical. But please do explain how Slinks was a "poor man's Cunningham"?
                    I saw that and cringed. Its La Motta was a poor man's Gotti

Comment

Can someone explain to me what his criteria was for selecting fighters for his first tournament, and how Povetkin made it?

Comment

Working...
                      X