This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    He doesn’t have the resume. I know you judge fighters like Greb via your mythical “eyetest”. I put my major emphasis on resumes.
    He?

Mayweather and Pacquiao are two different people, Olaf.

What's wrong with their resumes?

What's wrong with evaluating fighters for their skills?

Why not at least be consistent when applying your criterion?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      What fighter ever hear more ATG's over as many weights? In my opinion Langford defines "p4p". I don't really expect you to have a serious and logical discussion about that though.
      That's sloppy even by your standards.

Sorry but which ATGs?

Which "weights"?

The record is pretty pathetic.
      The footage shows he was pretty sloppy.

If anything Fitzsimmons, McGovern and McFarland are men from that era who better satisfy your criterion. They don't even make the grade.

Og yeah, and that Dempsey guy you hate on - Langford called HIM the best he'd ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -It's a decent list, but I'd definitely include Sal Sanchez over one of your lessors at least.
        He isn't even a top 5 Featherweight. Hell, he wasn't even the best in his own day!
        But you think he's top 15 P4P!?!?

Comment

Usi g the "eye test" alone shows a real lack of boxing knowledge considering how much film has evolved over the last 100 years. It also gives the impression that one simply doesn't believe newspaper articles, or the words of trainer and fighters from the past.
          Hahahaha!

Yeah, I'd say that.

If I were clueless.

We've categorically proven you have an issue with consistency: you aren't.

It's true, the motion picture industry has made extraordinary developments over the past dozen decades. But only an idiot would explain away poor technique due to inferior film quality.

And if you really trusted contemporary accounts, where is McFarland? Jack Britton? Young Griffo? Tommy Ryan?

No one talked about Langford like they did those men.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
            He?

Mayweather and Pacquiao are two different people, Olaf.

What's wrong with their resumes?

What's wrong with evaluating fighters for their skills?

Why not at least be consistent when applying your criterion?
            I am not here to entertain your trolling, and I would surely recommend other posters to just put you on their ignore list. That would enhance many people’s enjoyment of their stay here on boxing scene.

Everybody can see my signature and thereby know what kind of poster they are dealing with, when debating you.

Have another nice day trolling this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              That's sloppy even by your standards.

Sorry but which ATGs?

Which "weights"?

The record is pretty pathetic.
              The footage shows he was pretty sloppy.

If anything Fitzsimmons, McGovern and McFarland are men from that era who better satisfy your criterion. They don't even make the grade.

Og yeah, and that Dempsey guy you hate on - Langford called HIM the best he'd ever seen.
              Post your list than get back to me son. Until than, it's quiet time.

Comment

I am not here to entertain your trolling, and I would surely recommend other posters to just put you on their ignore list. That would enhance many people’s enjoyment of their stay here on boxing scene.

Everybody can see my signature and thereby know what kind of poster they are dealing with, when debating you.

I've been saying for years now that more in this section need to be given the ability to ban certain posters from at least this section. It's the last serious discussion board on this site and would be kept as such. Trolls, racist and other trouble makers should be persona non grata.

Comment

Sorry.

I just can't tolerate bull sh.it

Maybe be less dishonest and i'll be nicer to you?

But sure, take your bal and run home. Tell mommy the mean boys won't let you win.

Comment

I've been saying for years now that more in this section need to be given the ability to ban certain posters from at least this section. It's the last serious discussion board on this site and would be kept as such. Trolls, racist and other trouble makers should be persona non grata.
                    There was a section ban feature, but it didn’t work properly and undisclosed technical challenges has meant that this weapon is no longer in the arsenal.

Comment

Post your list than get back to me son. Until than, it's quiet time.
                      I did.

Several times.

As recently as yesterday.

But since that's a cry for help, and i'm here to educate:

Greb
                      Duran
                      Lomachenko
                      Pep
                      Walker
                      Canzoneri
                      Jofre
                      Robinson
                      McFarland
                      Armstrong
                      Loughran
                      Leonard, R
                      Whitaker
                      Leonard, B
                      Dempsey

Fighters on the cusp that I don't feel like slotting:
                      McGovern, Napoles, Gomez, Conn, Williams, Fitzsimmons, Tunney, Ross, McFarland, Harada, Mayweather, Canto

Comment

Working...
                      X