Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why that guy harry greb is rated that much we never see how he fight or anything

Comment

• Originally posted by GrizzlyGrizzly View Post
      Why that guy harry greb is rated that much we never see how he fight or anything
      Because it's cool to rate the olden day guys. It makes you seem like you have real boxing knowledge. Sugar Ray Robinson gets listed number 1 by many people who have never seen any of his fights.I only count people who have been active during my time of watching the sport, otherwise it's purely guesswork. Nash out.
      GrizzlyGrizzly Ropss likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

For me Griffith at #5 throws that entire Ring list into another dimension; I don't know what to make of it.
        - - Are you talking of Cliff Rold's historic ring rating compilation that I put on this site that has actual commentary by Cliff hisself?

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Are you talking of Cliff Rold's historic ring rating compilation that I put on this site that has actual commentary by Cliff hisself?
          Of course not, I was referring to the Ring list from Parallel Universe #7955543B in the Double C9 sector of reality. That's the one universe where Lefy is a nice guy.

Hey I just rembered an old (passed on) friend of mine sold Larry Holmes his first Cadillac, up in Catskill, NY. Says Larry was a great guy. (Steve Wand)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Because it's cool to rate the olden day guys. It makes you seem like you have real boxing knowledge. Sugar Ray Robinson gets listed number 1 by many people who have never seen any of his fights.I only count people who have been active during my time of watching the sport, otherwise it's purely guesswork. Nash out.
            It's purely guess work either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrizzlyGrizzly View Post
              Why that guy harry greb is rated that much we never see how he fight or anything
              Funny, you push a verb up against a noun just like The MoneyMan. You guys brothers?

Comment

It's purely guess work either way.
                To an extent, but you have far more to go on when you are listing guys you have seen fight tons of times, against people who have maybe a few fights on Youtube. Loads of guys get listed who have next to no footage. If someone was before my time, they don't get on any of my lists. Nash out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash out View Post

To an extent, but you have far more to go on when you are listing guys you have seen fight tons of times, against people who have maybe a few fights on Youtube. Loads of guys get listed who have next to no footage. If someone was before my time, they don't get on any of my lists. Nash out.
                  Then you can't call them ATGs, you have to refer to them as Nash Tme Greats (NTGs).
                  Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Funny, you push a verb up against a noun just like The MoneyMan. You guys brothers?
                    Cant see footage can't judge

Comment

Then you can't call them ATGs, you have to refer to them as Nash Tme Greats (NTGs).
                      Nash will do that henceforth. Nash out.
                      Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X