- -OK, AL advantage 66-48 WS.

Interleague totals AL 2894-2574

Team WS ranks:

1 AL yanks 27
    2 NLcards 11
    3 AL Bsox 9
    4 NL giants 8

Thru 2017.

Pretty much makes my point that offensively, run production matters first and as mentioned for whatever the reasons over time, the AL has possessed it in spades over the NL.

I would also note the Yanks historically have by far been the wealthiest team with the highest payroll, best players, and best managers.

$$$$$$$ matters!
    Yes money matters

No a correlation is not a cause... You have to think it through very carefully: So I go to Elvis land and I notice all the baptists are wearing Blue Suede shoes. is there a connection between Baptist faith and blue suede shoes? Or, can that correlation be explained in another way?

Food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Yes money matters

No a correlation is not a cause... You have to think it through very carefully:
      - -Corrugation ain't always cardboard, but it could be, or it could be the free stream convolutions of yer farce.

Bret Saberhagan was the 85 MVP, winning half the 4 games needed with one being a shutout.

Lonnie Smith had a .400 RP% which is about 35% better than your MVP Balboni.

Moreover, I ran his career numbers and he's at .340, better than dozens of HOFers including Pete Rose

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Corrugation ain't always cardboard, but it could be, or it could be the free stream convolutions of yer farce.

Bret Saberhagan was the 85 MVP, winning half the 4 games needed with one being a shutout.

Lonnie Smith had a .400 RP% which is about 35% better than your MVP Balboni.

Moreover, I ran his career numbers and he's at .340, better than dozens of HOFers including Pete Rose
        Pete Rose is not in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Pete Rose is not in the Hall of Fame.
          - -Sweet DUH!!!

His fans are prolific and been screaming for it for decades.

Point being Lonnie was better than many hofers and very underrated. Gotta rub yer schnozz in it again?

Had a poor fielding record though, maybe sorta like you.

Comment

- -Sweet DUH!!!

His fans are prolific and been screaming for it for decades.

Point being Lonnie was better than many hofers and very underrated. Gotta rub yer schnozz in it again?

Had a poor fielding record though, maybe sorta like you.
            Oh dont get your knickers in a knot...Just correcting a mistake. I didn't mispeak, you did, yell at the mirror.

So now this has morphed into who should be a HOFer to Queenie? Actually I was very good defensively, played for a travelling team as a kid, was catching 85 mile an hour college pitchers at 13... Just saying. Don't go away mad, just go away gingerly...

Comment

- -My old man forced me to catch my 85 mph 13 yr old 6' tall bro behind the garage during baseball season at 30' with zero catching equipment.

I was 15 with my drivers license and desperately wanted to maintain those privileges, so I did so without complaint.

True story, and I walked a mile to high school thru the seasons until my senior year when I nailed a sporty 4 Speed Chevy.

What was your candyboy doing at that age?

Comment

- -My old man forced me to catch my 85 mph 13 yr old 6' tall bro behind the garage during baseball season at 30' with zero catching equipment.

I was 15 with my drivers license and desperately wanted to maintain those privileges, so I did so without complaint.

True story, and I walked a mile to high school thru the seasons until my senior year when I nailed a sporty 4 Speed Chevy.

What was your candyboy doing at that age?

Forced me to look for Pete Rose in the Hall...Im still looking!

Comment

Boxing turns to baseball. Only on the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Rodney Dangerfield: "Geez went to a fight yesterday and a hockey game broke out."

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

- -John L played pro baseball decades before the MLB was ever formed and Jack Johnson 1st Base in 1904 for the storied Black Philly Giants.

Prob boxed exhibitions before and after too. Baseball and boxing were the two most popular sports not involving horse racing through the 1950s.

Comment

Working...
                      X