No announcement yet.

The "tainted Mexican beef" excuse was plausible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Yes he is. How the hell he will explain why then Canelo hasn't tested positive before (since he surely have eaten mexican beef for years if he didn't know it was contaminated (which of course is beyond ignorant in itself)) is up in the air....
    I thought you weren't going to take it further? What happened?

Since you're still going...would you care to address my points about how GGG didn't seem to regress against Vanes, or how exactly it was a better game plan for Canelo to stand and go toe-to-toe with Golovkin in the rematch?

Comment

I dont rule out tainted beef, but they had half a dozen excuses.

Comment

Experts that specialize in this matter, who have no connection to Canelo, have testified that this particular circumstance is consistent with having consumed tainted beef.

I for one am willing to give the benefit of the doubt due to that alone. Not to mention that there were similar cases of this happening not only far in the past but around the same time.

It wasn't his first time going through testing, and as far as I know, he always had spent part of his time training in Mexico and most likely eating the beef. I don't think there would be any reason for him to feel that he should suddenly fly in his meat from somewhere else if this issue hadn't affected him before. He doesn't have anything to do with what's fed to cattle.

And him failing in the past would depend on factors like when he was tested and whether the meat he ate then was tainted or not, and there is no way of knowing.

So it seems strange that some are so sure that he cheated when there is precedence for this and there are experts in the field that present strong evidence to doubt that he purposely cheated.

Comment

--- Modern Americans awash in legal and illegal drugs and other pollutants into the environment and thus the food chain screaming about ninnygrams of fighters.

Soft, addled thinking is costing them their empire and noble heritage of back when heroes were really heroes risking life and limb for their people for a pittance of remuneration.

Sam Houston and Stephen F Austin lived in a modest frontier dog run cabins suffering their lifetime of accumulated injuries in dignity beyond the puerile scope of moderns.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            Experts that specialize in this matter, who have no connection to Canelo, have testified that this particular circumstance is consistent with having consumed tainted beef.
            Note that these 'experts' didn't say it was INconsistent with therapeutic use.

I for one am willing to give the benefit of the doubt due to that alone.
            Wow. That's a free pass for all cheatres to cheat with this drug using microdoses. You cannot be serious.

Not to mention that there were similar cases of this happening not only far in the past but around the same time.
            Which should raise the awareness of possible contaminated beef even more....

It wasn't his first time going through testing, and as far as I know, he always had spent part of his time training in Mexico and most likely eating the beef. I don't think there would be any reason for him to feel that he should suddenly fly in his meat from somewhere else if this issue hadn't affected him before. He doesn't have anything to do with what's fed to cattle.

And him failing in the past would depend on factors like when he was tested and whether the meat he ate then was tainted or not, and there is no way of knowing.
            Key here is bolded. To my knowledge the positives was the furthest away from a fight he has ever been tested. He wasn't expecting it, and turned in a positive.

This is consistent with him being very well aware of the problem with the meat and therefore not having eaten it (or used the drug therapeutically) during other test periods.

So it seems strange that some are so sure that he cheated when there is precedence for this and there are experts in the field that present strong evidence to doubt that he purposely cheated.
            There is no strong evidence. He hasn't even put forward the receipts from where he obtained the contaminated beef or a sample.

Oh and he cheated. By definition. It's his body. It's his responsibilty what's in it. That's just a plain fact.

Comment

Key here is bolded. To my knowledge the positives was the furthest away from a fight he has ever been tested. He wasn't expecting it, and turned in a positive.
              This was the furthest from a fight he had ever been tested, he wasn't expecting it...yet STILL the amounts found were small enough to be consistent with eating tainted meat.

Seems to me if he was deliberately cheating they should have been higher than that.

Just one more reason why his story is believable. Doesn't excuse him from having done wrong but his explanation is certainly plausible.
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-05-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Note that these 'experts' didn't say it was INconsistent with therapeutic use.
                I suppose if it were on the way out of his system and they only caught it while pretty much remnants were left. But that's why there is doubt, no?

Wow. That's a free pass for all cheatres to cheat with this drug using microdoses. You cannot be serious.
                I'm pretty sure it would make no sense to microdose clenbuterol. And this won't give a free pass to all cheaters. They would have to be in Mexico or Asia, and the amount found in their system would have to be very low for this to be "overlooked."

Which should raise the awareness of possible contaminated beef even more....

This is consistent with him being very well aware of the problem with the meat and therefore not having eaten it (or used the drug therapeutically) during other test periods.

There is no strong evidence. He hasn't even put forward the receipts from where he obtained the contaminated beef or a sample.

Oh and he cheated. By definition. It's his body. It's his responsibilty what's in it. That's just a plain fact.
                I don't disagree with you about him being caught with it and being held responsible. I think the key here is that there is a big difference between purposely cheating and having it in your system due to unknowingly eating contaminated meat.

You seem pretty sure he cheated purposefully, but do you at least admit that there is doubt here based on all of the evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  I suppose if it were on the way out of his system and they only caught it while pretty much remnants were left. But that's why there is doubt, no?
                  There is doubt regarding how clenbuterol got in his system that’s obviously correct.
                  I'm pretty sure it would make no sense to microdose clenbuterol. And this won't give a free pass to all cheaters. They would have to be in Mexico or Asia, and the amount found in their system would have to be very low for this to be "overlooked."
                  Or Spain or many other places. It’s a free pass Travest.

I don't disagree with you about him being caught with it and being held responsible. I think the key here is that there is a big difference between purposely cheating and having it in your system due to unknowingly eating contaminated meat.

You seem pretty sure he cheated purposefully, but do you at least admit that there is doubt here based on all of the evidence?
                  Yes there is doubt. Listen. I have followed cycling for many many years. All through the full timeline of ped abuse. What I haven’t read about excuses for peds getting into bodies ain’t worth reading. Excuses has gone from unborn twins, to contaminated meat, to thugs injecting roids in toothpaste. It’s laughable and of course the cycling authorities in the end had enough. Some of the measures they took to save their sport is now implemented in most other sports. One of the measures is that it’s the athletes sole responsibility what’s in his system and under that regime their is unquestionable guilt on Canelo’s behalf.

Plenty of circumstantial evidence points towards Canelo using clenbuterol for therapeutic use. Most of this has been pointed out by breadman in one of his articles here on boxingscene.

Personally I’m fed up with all these ped cheaters and it sickens me when some posters go a long way to excuse them. I was disappointed to find you being one them. I always saw you as a levelheaded guy (with temper lol).

Comment

--- TDF was as dirty as it gets from inception.

As was Wada, USADA, and BALCO Vic VADA.

And let's not get into nfl, mlb, and nba and the Olympics and gasp...politics and bizness.

We don't need a global shortcircuit or ethics would we?

Comment

There is doubt regarding how clenbuterol got in his system that’s obviously correct.

Or Spain or many other places. It’s a free pass Travest.

Yes there is doubt. Listen. I have followed cycling for many many years. All through the full timeline of ped abuse. What I haven’t read about excuses for peds getting into bodies ain’t worth reading. Excuses has gone from unborn twins, to contaminated meat, to thugs injecting roids in toothpaste. It’s laughable and of course the cycling authorities in the end had enough. Some of the measures they took to save their sport is now implemented in most other sports. One of the measures is that it’s the athletes sole responsibility what’s in his system and under that regime their is unquestionable guilt on Canelo’s behalf.

Plenty of circumstantial evidence points towards Canelo using clenbuterol for therapeutic use. Most of this has been pointed out by breadman in one of his articles here on boxingscene.

Personally I’m fed up with all these ped cheaters and it sickens me when some posters go a long way to excuse them. I was disappointed to find you being one them. I always saw you as a levelheaded guy (with temper lol).

I hear you, bro, and I'm sorry to disappoint you. (I promise I'm not always with a temper. lol. I can say I honestly try not to initiate the wars...but I do dig in when it comes. I have to do better with that!) The only thing I'm saying is that there is some doubt here. I honestly believe that it was just tainted meat, but I can't be 100% sure. But yes, I do understand your point about his guilt as it was in his system. I think everyone agrees with that.

I just don't see it here. Clen is used to open up breathing passageways and put on lean muscle, from what I understand. But he gets caught with only trace amounts in a country that has this problem. Sure I suppose that could be used by a Mexican, Chinese, or Spanish athlete as an excuse, but I don't see anything that pushes me over to the "he purposefully abused" side. He agreed to the hair test, and it came back negative, though from what I've read it isn't all that reliable anyway, especially when factoring in his hair color.

I don't know, bro. I'm just on the other side of the fence as you on this one, but I'm definitely not saying I'm definitively right. Like I said, he could have abused and it was on its way out when they caught up to him. I guess only he knows 100%.

What we do know is that he put on, at least what I thought, was an amazing performance in the rematch. He's one of the most skilled boxers we have out there, and that doesn't come from a substance he's abusing. I know you're not questioning his skill level, and it has nothing to do with whether he cheated or not, but to put on a performance like that with that PED searchlight on him was pretty impressive nonetheless.

Cheers, bruva!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X