The "tainted Mexican beef" excuse was plausible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    At least in the case of Canelo Alvarez.

The small amounts found in his system were consistent with meat contamination.

And we know that for reasons of greed and profit the Mexican cattle industry is rife with the practice of using steroids with livestock.

Additionally, there have been instances of other Mexican athletes running into the same problem.

WADA drops clenbuterol case against Mexican soccer players
    Mexican beef can be a legitimate excuse for clenbuterol in an athlete's blood sample, the World Anti-Doping Agency said
    https://www.velonews.com/2011/10/new...players_195167

Based on all that I think Canelo's excuse was reasonable. Do you agree?
    --- Prob 90% of the global population couldn't pass a VADA test much less the Vegas suits. Reason being most of society is riddled with illegal and legal drugs that have polluted waterways and livestock.

Canelo tested well below VADA fail threshold, but the suits who were still reeling over the TUE 50-0 fiasco held an emergency circle of jerks to institute a zero tolerance policy.

None of the major league sports would allow BALCO VADA Vic in the same county of their teams, so boxing has proven to be the cleanest sportoverall save transgressions measured in a few nanograms.

Costing 10$ of millions of fights and purses.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      I try to use logic when these things happen and I can't understand how Canelo could accept random drug testing and just throw away this kind of fight like that. That's just top much money to waste. There was probably a mix up or someone with bad intentions could've slipped it in his food supply.
      Yeah. It doesn't make sense that Canelo would agree to random testing if he was purposefully taking steroids.
      As I already said, he could well be roiding as the contaminated beef excuse was always ready for the taking. So roid your ass off hombre. We have our story and alibi ready.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        As I already said, he could well be roiding as the contaminated beef excuse was always ready for the taking. So roid your ass off hombre. We have our story and alibi ready.
        That would still put the fight in jeopardy and I see no logical reason to throw that kind of money out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          That would still put the fight in jeopardy and I see no logical reason to throw that kind of money out the window.
          He thought he could get away with it and even though he got caught, he was only penalized with a slap on the wrist. WBC had his back.

Comment

It shows that there is a history of this being a real, actual issue in Mexico. Not something that Canelo invented.
            *It shows there were a real issue in Mexico.

That's like saying that Communism is prevalent in Russia today

Comment

I probably belong to that groups of fans myself. Canelo has a great team around him. Family is butchers. Of course they knew that Canelo should stay away from Mexican beef. How stupid do they think we are?

Accidentally ingested contaminated meat..... gtfoh.

It’s also possible that this thread gives a platform for nsb overspill in here even though you made an identical thread there.

I don’t think there is a specific number of years. We can have the thread here, but I doubt there’s any room for real debate other than just differences of opinion.
              Well that's good, because whether it happened last weekend or 10 years ago, isn't it still technically history, since it happened in the past? Glad we were finally able to have a discussion about Mayweather on here.

Seems like a boxer has to be retired for at least a year or two to be able to start to talk about his legacy on here or just his career.

Comment

But he used only the exact quantity of clenbuterol that would show up as trace amounts consistent with eating tainted meat? Timed exactly to coincide with the testing dates, which he didn't know beforehand?

Comment

But he used only the exact quantity of clenbuterol that would show up as trace amounts consistent with eating tainted meat? Timed exactly to coincide with the testing dates, which he didn't know beforehand?
                  Do you think a multimillion dollar fighter surrounds himself with amateurs?

Comment

Accidentally ingesting contaminated meat has happened to other Mexican athletes so there is a precedent for that.

Nothing in Canelo's past prior to this has shown him to be a person of low moral character who cheats or breaks rules. So I do think he has earned the benefit of the doubt this one time.

Especially since he fought even better against Golovkin after enrolling in year-round VADA testing.
                    They cheat just like the russian most drugs from Mexico so why suprised

Comment

--- Very little in boxing makes sense unless it makes lot$ of $en$e, the only reason it has maintained an existence.

There is no reason for TUE 50-0 to be granted a TUE by USADA and Vegas commish 2 weeks after the PAC fight other the sheer entitled insolence of skulduggery.

90 % of the public would show AT least nanograms of whatever the contaminates of their environment would be if not the rampant drug use wether by script or illegal.

And remember the illicit drug testing cartels ban many legal over the counter products all while giving passes to all the new BALCO vitamins sold by VADA Vic and his wannabes.

I see no honest brokers in boxing's self created hellhole, but the good news is boxers can just migrate to other dirtier, less tested, bigger money sports or politics where there is no testing of those who run the various governments.

Sad you guys can't see the obvious, but such is the endless infantile turmoil of humanity.

Comment

Working...
                      X