No announcement yet.

Best boxers of WASP heritage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    I have never challenged anyone on this forum to an encounter but I promise you this...Find me the s0n of a b1tch that made you have to read through something that did not interest you, show me the twisted joints he applied pressure to, when forcing your eyes upon....and I will track him down and teach him a lesson.
    you should teach yourself that damn lesson first. 👍😃

for writing that filth....

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
      you should teach yourself that damn lesson first. 👍😃

for writing that filth....
      Gonna make an exception and give you some red Fred. You seem to need it and it will impact you a lot more than a return from you will impact me. Grow up and take it as a lesson in civility Fred...

Comment

Grow up and take it as a lesson in civility Fred...
        said the guy talking about "internet karma"
        😂

Gonna make an exception and give you some red Fred. You seem to need it and it will impact you a lot more than a return from you will impact me.
        oh no!
        😝

Comment

We get into a situation where we are using a tribal designation in a society that has no concept of tribal division.
          You say that yet WASP snobbery was very big on exclusivity and keeping others out. See the prejudices against the Irish for example.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            You say that yet WASP snobbery was very big on exclusivity and keeping others out. See the prejudices against the Irish for example.
            I didn't say "Division" with no caveats, I said "Tribal" Division. WASP snobbery is all about economic class, which is why it is frankly ridiculous. You might as well (not you my brother from another mother) cut the crap and say "Rich White Guys." Lol.

Comment

I didn't say "Division" with no caveats, I said "Tribal" Division. WASP snobbery is all about economic class, which is why it is frankly ridiculous. You might as well (not you my brother from another mother) cut the crap and say "Rich White Guys." Lol.
              Rich white Irish guys like F. Scott Fitzgerald felt the sting of never quite fitting in with WASP high society. No matter how much money he had.

So it would seem that there was some tribalism going on there, beyond just economic class.

Comment

i figured you were just a racist smh

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Rich white Irish guys like F. Scott Fitzgerald felt the sting of never quite fitting in with WASP high society. No matter how much money he had.

So it would seem that there was some tribalism going on there, beyond just economic class.
                  So because of the discrimination against the irish you think tribalism was necessarily the cause? You are a lot smarter than to make that an automatic assumption... Not saying that it may not be the case, but there is a bit to consider.

There could be any number of reasons for these struggles. Among them, a lot of Irish were Catholics, there was basic prejudices against the Irish because they were thought beneath the English. Many Irish thought themselves regional, as in from a particular region, for example cork county, etc...and the English also held to this understanding of identity, so there might be regional discrimination similar to the Manhattan resident who declares "Them Jersey kids coming trough da tubes on the weekend are all thugs."

In my own opinion the division between the Irish and English, aside from Catholic versus Protestantism, was indeed economic. The Irish who were succesful were often considered upstarts, the English were wont to trivialize the Irish (John Livingstone Seaagull "eat the Irish babies to overcome the potatoe famine, etc). And there was a real religious divide as well...

When John F Kenedy was set to run for president he did not say "I want to be the first Irish American president" he said "I want to be the first Irish Catholic president of the United States." And look at Kennedy's family. Jack Kennedy made the Chicago savages look like kids! The guy was a stone cold killer who locked up the booze and ladies racquet. Many English considered the Irish who made it a product of Jack Kennedy types, upstarts who were criminals and not to be trusted.

None of these sentiments in my humble opinion, are related to the division of Saxons that were in the British Isles versus the Celts and other Western Euro tribes. It was more a matter of the English having established a strong aristocracy as the King and the Papacy went at it hammer and tongs. Of course you and I would probably also agree that the Ph-aristocracy, vis a vis the brothers of the Pharoah had been established all the way back into ancient Egypt.

Shoulder, the original problem prolly was: Well only one son can be king, what do we do with the rest of the family? Well... We can give them power through owning land, money and give them a circle of influence and educate them. So you had the Pharoah the ph-aristocracy, and the poor. Which was fine until the soldgers got back from African war campaigns and challenged the legitimacy of the pharoah...the Middle class was born in Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
                    i figured you were just a racist smh
                    So I am a self hating White Guy now? I mean I have no problem with calling people white or black, I don't proscribe to political correct bs.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 06-10-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

So I am a self hating White Guy now? I mean I have no problem with calling people white or black, I don't proscribe to political correct bs.
                      im sensing a lot of anger against society from you tbh.... 😐

Comment

Working...
                      X