This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Well orginally I think he definitely suspected Pacquaio was PED's when he requires they both do random blood and urine tests. As did many people.

I don't think he expected him to reject them though. Mind boggling to me to be honest, to reject that and thus have the fight fall through. People seem to want to forget that. But thats another argument all together.

It's funny because at the time it was something never done before but fast forward today so many fights are doing random tests ironically including Pacquaio himself.

From what I'm told the UFC do year round random testing.

So clearly Floyd was on to something in 2010.
    Yeah, he was. In fact, French Canadian former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre, who most fans call GSP, was adamant about only returning to the UFC once better testing was in place. I believe it's called USADA.

You and Billeau are two of the best historians currently on here, IMO.

Comment

• Mayweather 50-0>Marciano 49-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Well if they don't really reveal those things, then those spirits, if they do exist, are a**holes. No, what, in a nutshell, is the scole group? To quote a recent episode of Young Sheldon then, as you referred to psychics in your post "It's not fact, it's faith", but even with faith, I want to at least know what I have faith in exists, like a person or favorite sports team. I long ago stopped believing in the "invisible man in the sky", as George Carlin called God. Did you hear about the psychic mediums that were easily exposed on a TV show? The producers planted fake facts on their website about a ghost living in this hotel they were invited to and when they claimed to be in contact with it, were told of the ruse. Another show had 10 psychics all get flown to the same spot and try to find their way out of the woods. Only two were able to and that was with a map.

I think making it something supernatural actually takes away from the great human, rather than superhuman, skill involved in being able to tell these things about people. Check out the Mentalist, Scorpion, or the current MacGyver series for examples of such people.

Speaking of Houdini, did you ever hear the story that Harry Houdini gave his wife a password so that when he died, any medium was asked by his widow what the password was and nobody got it. I imagine it must just be a word and not something tricky we use these days for online passwords with numbers and symbols. I remember comedian Jim Norton saying imagine if the password was simply Houdini?

So, until proven otherwise, I consider it excellent observational detective work, sometimes paired with behavioral science aka cold reading. And I think that's even cooler, because it' something we can all learn and not something we can only hope to be born with.
        Mediumship is a very limited area of the paranormal and a lot like certain martial arts traditions. When I was bouncing it was known I was a martial artist... maybe also because I was a relative twerp at around 180 back then lol compared to the Gorillas I worked with. Well, every other guy would claim to also study the martial arts, to be advanced ranks, etc. That would mean that theoretically on any given Saturday Night, there would be many many martial artists in the club. Unfortunately I worked in one of "those" places...So we had a lot of fights.

In all my seven years or so bouncing, all the confrontations I had to deal with and see...Keeping in mind "all" the martial artists that i was surrounded by lol..do you know how many times I saw a martial arts technique even attempted? I would say maybe twice...poorly attempted at that. So what does that prove? well if martial artists were mediums it would tell me that the real number is a lot smaller than those who claim proficiency. I have seen, used and heard legitimate examples of our school in action. Broken b0nes always result, people are hospitalized usually... And as one of my teachers told me, "if it is not over in a few seconds its not martial arts." So I know the skills exist.

Im going to send you some stuff to look at. In fact the spirits can indeed be azzholes. I will Pm it and if anyone else has an interest we can start a thread. There are clowns in every one of these endevours for lack of a better word... Fakairy etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I won't count the McGregor fight for obvious reasons...

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

50-0

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Mediumship is a very limited area of the paranormal and a lot like certain martial arts traditions. When I was bouncing it was known I was a martial artist... maybe also because I was a relative twerp at around 180 back then lol compared to the Gorillas I worked with. Well, every other guy would claim to also study the martial arts, to be advanced ranks, etc. That would mean that theoretically on any given Saturday Night, there would be many many martial artists in the club. Unfortunately I worked in one of "those" places...So we had a lot of fights.

In all my seven years or so bouncing, all the confrontations I had to deal with and see...Keeping in mind "all" the martial artists that i was surrounded by lol..do you know how many times I saw a martial arts technique even attempted? I would say maybe twice...poorly attempted at that. So what does that prove? well if martial artists were mediums it would tell me that the real number is a lot smaller than those who claim proficiency. I have seen, used and heard legitimate examples of our school in action. Broken b0nes always result, people are hospitalized usually... And as one of my teachers told me, "if it is not over in a few seconds its not martial arts." So I know the skills exist.

Im going to send you some stuff to look at. In fact the spirits can indeed be azzholes. I will Pm it and if anyone else has an interest we can start a thread. There are clowns in every one of these endevours for lack of a better word... Fakairy etc.
            Speaking of clowns and martial arts, you ever hear about that old Asian guy that claimed to use some kind of "no touch" technique? He did a demonstration knocking down students, which looked like stunt men taking staged falls, then lost a quick TKO when challenged by a karate practitioner. George Dillman was a legit martial artist, but lost a lot of credibility in people's eyes when he started talking about his own style of pressure point fighting or claiming to be able to knock someone out with one touch. Too bad, as I read he was a pretty good karate guy.

As for mediums well, I myself used to be one. I'm more of an extra large these days. Heyooooooooooooooo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Speaking of clowns and martial arts, you ever hear about that old Asian guy that claimed to use some kind of "no touch" technique? He did a demonstration knocking down students, which looked like stunt men taking staged falls, then lost a quick TKO when challenged by a karate practitioner. George Dillman was a legit martial artist, but lost a lot of credibility in people's eyes when he started talking about his own style of pressure point fighting or claiming to be able to knock someone out with one touch. Too bad, as I read he was a pretty good karate guy.

As for mediums well, I myself used to be one. I'm more of an extra large these days. Heyooooooooooooooo.
              Lol yeah the chi touch master! the guy he fought could have breathed heavy and accomplished the same thing. Dillman indeed! He decided that the Okinawan forms, in Shure Te, one of the three regional Karate styles indigenious to Okinanwa, was in fact a secret art that used pressure points. This was off for so many reasons... Amen! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

50-0
                true but interesting. wouldnt you WANT to disregard it because it weakens his case?

Certainly Ali would never want his bout with Gorgeous George on his record.

edit sorry i mean Antonio Inoki.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-11-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Did you ever look at Archie Moore's record, he fought 3 Pro Wrestlers including the Million Dollar Man's step-father Mike DiBiase in his last fight. All 3 ended the exact same way, stopped by a cut eye in the 3rd round. None of these 3 ever fought before or after there fight with Moore!

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    true but interesting. wouldnt you WANT to disregard it because it weakens his case?

Certainly Ali would never want his bout with Gorgeous George on his record.

edit sorry i mean Antonio Inoki.
                    That would be because that wasn't a sanctioned boxing match.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      That would be because that wasn't a sanctioned boxing match.
                      true. but would you be proud of having a zero fight novice included on your record when you are an ATG?

Thats really what I was getting at. Do yoo think Mayweather WANTS to claim it?

Comment

Working...
                      X