No announcement yet.

Greatest Latino fighters of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    I would move Sanchez up. He's one of the greatest latino fighters by a landslide.
    He was phenomenal. I just don't think he accomplished as much as the 10 that I listed above. Perhaps he maybe had some more quality than a few. I love Sal, he's my favorite fighter from before my time (I'm 32) but the shortness of his career is what kept it just short. Again can't hold the death against him but by the same token we never saw his decline nor is it fair to rank him higher than other fighters with more accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      He was phenomenal. I just don't think he accomplished as much as the 10 that I listed above. Perhaps he maybe had some more quality than a few. I love Sal, he's my favorite fighter from before my time (I'm 32) but the shortness of his career is what kept it just short. Again can't hold the death against him but by the same token we never saw his decline nor is it fair to rank him higher than other fighters with more accomplishments.
      I agree, but just outside of his teens beating Azuma Nelson by KO (who went on to be a great FW, and just look at the fight be brought Sanchez), 2 dominating wins over Lopez, a knockout win over undefeated Gomez (who still went on to be a threat) and of course handing laporte his first loss, who also went on to be a good fighter.

did all this in such a short period of time, he was still green and hadn't reached his prime.

Comment

I agree, but just outside of his teens beating Azuma Nelson by KO (who went on to be a great FW, and just look at the fight be brought Sanchez), 2 dominating wins over Lopez, a knockout win over undefeated Gomez (who still went on to be a threat) and of course handing laporte his first loss, who also went on to be a good fighter.

did all this in such a short period of time, he was still green and hadn't reached his prime.
        Yeah he had an amazing career already to that point. I wish he'd have fought Pedroza or better still I wish he'd not died. He was a special talent and by all accounts seemingly a great kid.

Comment

I know you did OP, I was talking about the members who responded.

irondancham....you talk sh*! from a very safe place sonny.

Ray

Comment

I see any good version of Duran busting chavez up no matter which way the fight envelopes. You fight Duran, you lose. He doesn't need to box and move against chavez, he's bigger and stronger regardless of starting weight class, he's a more skilled fighter, better athlete and I bet his chin is even better as well. You put chavez in with Marvin Hagler I would be surprised if that went past 1 round.

different eras
            For sure I have Duran winning as you say any style he fought but I have a feeling he would box him.

Comment

Sal Sanchez
              JCC
              JMM
              Duran
              R lopez

Comment

I wept when he died.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I wept when he died.....
                  What did you do when Monzon died, laugh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    What did you do when Monzon died, laugh?
                    Cried... Homie I'm a crier...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      I know you did OP, I was talking about the members who responded.

irondancham....you talk sh*! from a very safe place sonny.

Ray

Sure you were.

Comment

Working...
                      X