No announcement yet.

If Andre Ward is genuinely retired...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jennets Holey View Post
    if that was true he wouldnt of had to rely on headbuting and clinching and lowblowing and having a ref and judges in his pocket
    The trolls come in, create alts and continue to give love to posters in this section.

I want to compliment you troll...when the doctor told you to take those stupid pills everyday, you listened.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Can you show ANY proof he had refs and judges in his pocket? Not conjecture, but actual proof.
      This guy was asked for proof of where his a-hole was and said "thats easy can't you hear me talking?" Ward is an Illuminati disinfo agent it is obvious... He buys the judges with Oakland manufactured drugs. The judges give him the fights because he is such a gigantic draw, especially oversea...oh wait....

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Where does he stand all-time? Top 150? Top 200? Top 100?

Where does he rank all-time at 168 (obviously not the deepest division historically)?
        At 168 he is top 10 but below calzaghe, Eubank, froch, jones, possibly Benn and maybe one or two others.

All time it's irrelevant because he isn't an atg.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          At 168 he is top 10 but below calzaghe, Eubank, froch, jones, possibly Benn and maybe one or two others.

Ward beat Froch. With one good hand.

How do you figure that he ranks below him?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

There were some guys across the pond arguing that due to Ward's lack of activity, and due to the specific weight Froch was better... Very silly argument really. I mean when confronted by the Mongol Hordes, waiting for the night to arrive so you can attack them as they sleep? might not really be considering the gravitas of being smashed into at all angles, trampled, cut down to shreds, and left for the next horde to clean up behind the first group...

So here we have a situation where Froch was handled with ease, nullified totally, and we are told "well at the right weight Carl beat a up a few more guys and thats that!"

yeah when the mongol hordes come just wait for the sun to go down yall be alright...

Comment

I think Ward would have beaten Calzaghe, easily beat Froch, he would have beaten Benn - but not sure if he would have beaten Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Are fighters only ranked h2h?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I think Ward would have beaten Calzaghe, easily beat Froch, he would have beaten Benn - but not sure if he would have beaten Jones.
                  OK so outside of fantasy what are you trying to say?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Agreed on all counts. When I consider the Jones Ward match up a couple of things come to mind: While I am not one to excuse away a victory...lets just say that Toney was not prepared for that fight. Now lets take the Tarver and Glencofe Johnson fights. In these fights Jones was perhaps not at his best, but he was pressed enough that he had to back up and could not use the ring to set up his speed and traps. Ward could do this very well. That speaks to the possibility of Ward prevailing... a situation where he never gives JOnes any breathing room, makes it ugly, and uses accurate punches to catch jones now and then.

On the other hand: McCallum was older but could not press enough with a body attack to get to Jones. If Jones was just too fast for Toney, Ward is no speed demon, and if the tarver and Glencoffe fights were when Roy was past it, they this speaks well for Jones. Ward never fought a guy as fast as JOnes that I can think of.

Comment

Are fighters only ranked h2h?
                      Of course not. But you have to consider when and how fighters on a particular resume we're beat. I'd argue Wards resume is better than most at 168 and beyond p4p considering the time table. He did beat a very good Froch and Kessler. He beat Kov twice no matter you stance on either fight. Take the skills and h2h aspect in and he is firmly above Zags and Froch in my opinion. It's just opinion of course and I say this with all due respect for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X