Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Smile of Irrespressible Sadness: Whitaker vs Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea should've certainly won that but it wasn't the worse decision ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennets Holey View Post
      Wilfredo Rivera beat that fraud twice. Nobody likes to talk about that.
      Rivera exposed pernal as one dimensional and to dumb to deal with height and range
      WOW

You didn't even say pernall just scraped the second fight.

You're actually going to pretend homeboy won the first you disingenious scum.

I suppose if you're trying to get sympathy for pernal in the chavez fight, the wilfreda robberies are an ugly fact that hurts your narrative

hahaha
      If you think homeboy was one of the best ATG welters you are a moron.

It is very far fetched...
      Not even top 1000 in my book

at that weight class he lost to twice wilfreda rivera and went life and death with a faded buggy Mcdirt and drew to chavez and went life and death with bum hurtadoe and he was a coward against de la hoyer and he got beat up by trinidad

i would argue pernall nevr got even one big win that all the TRUE greats have

tell me
      who is a great prime fighter that pernall beat?
      when ever the guy was at the top level he looked like nothing more than a spoiler

name one great fighter pernall beat who wasnt old or small

Genius.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Pea should've certainly won that but it wasn't the worse decision ever.
        There are many horrendous decisions, its kind of impossible to find the worse decision. I will say that Jones may have suffered one of the worse in the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          That had nothing to do with it for me. Whitaker outclassed Chavez in every department. Including body punches.
          Im not saying that was what you did.

I'm just saying Chavez was much more competitive than the general public gives him credit for.

He probably won the first 2 rounds, and was shot for shot competitive thru 5, then pernell dragged him and dominated, though the final few rounds, Chavez made a final stand and became competitive again.
          115-112 or 116-112 pernell, seems legit, and scoring round by round ringside, it's not absurd or robbery to call it a draw.

I really don't have a problem per se with people scoring it 9-3 for pernell, I disagree more with the notion that it was one of the worst robberies ever.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            That had nothing to do with it for me. Whitaker outclassed Chavez in every department. Including body punches.
            Yes I do agree that pernell beat him in every catergory

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              There are many horrendous decisions, its kind of impossible to find the worse decision. I will say that Jones may have suffered one of the worse in the olympics.
              In terms of Olympics ofc but the pro ranks are vastly different.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                In terms of Olympics ofc but the pro ranks are vastly different.
                Yes. its different but equally reprehensible. The most humiliated individual in the Jones decision was his opponent, who had honorable intentions...we don't see that in the pro for sure, Chavez lost a lot of respect for not admitting he got pasted by the pea. That is one among many differences.

Comment

Not even top 1000 in my book

at that weight class he lost to twice wilfreda rivera and went life and death with a faded buggy Mcdirt and drew to chavez and went life and death with bum hurtadoe and he was a coward against de la hoyer and he got beat up by trinidad

i would argue pernall nevr got even one big win that all the TRUE greats have

tell me
                  who is a great prime fighter that pernall beat?
                  when ever the guy was at the top level he looked like nothing more than a spoiler

name one great fighter pernall beat who wasnt old or small
                  Wow you have incredibly high standards if you think there are 1000 better welterweights of all time than Whitaker,that statement is absolutely ridiculous.i'm not interested in debating resumes,that's not the only criteria I look at to judge a fighters all time standing.Whitaker is one of the best defensive fighters of all time,there won't be many lists around that don't have him top 10-15,other than yours!

Comment

Whitaker vs Ramirez is imo the worst robbery in pro boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                      Whitaker vs Ramirez is imo the worst robbery in pro boxing.
                      That was horrible too.

Comment

Working...
                      X